IGNORED

Jags to Manchester United

^^ Agreed. Speculation's the name of the game right now. I enjoy it when it's about other clubs, but I'm already sick of this!

Something I find annoying is the way the media say stuff like "Moyes could take Fellaini and Baines with him". It's an over simplistic way of reporting since it's up to the clubs to decide, not Moyes, and he can't just choose to 'take' a player with him, any more than we can say "Let's get Martinez and he can bring McCarthy and McManaman with him".

Something I find annoying is the way the media say stuff like "Moyes could take Fellaini and Baines with him". It's an over simplistic way of reporting since it's up to the clubs to decide, not Moyes, and he can't just choose to 'take' a player with him, any more than we can say "Let's get Martinez and he can bring McCarthy and McManaman with him".

I agree....it's absurd. If Moyes wants any of our players he'll have to approach us the same as any other manager would.

If I was a gambling man, I would suggest that United won't bid for any of our players next season UNLESS somebody else comes in for them first.

I think Moyes worked too hard to build something here, and create a legacy of his own to go and tear the heart out of it within 5 minutes of leaving.

Agreed. I feel he'll have a bit too much respect for the club to come and erode what he's built. He'll surely bid for others before he comes knocking on our door, as I said in the Baines thread.

OR he'll bid double the worth of players to help us out? Being very optimistic here. happy.png

Jags won't go IMO. If Moyes comes back to buy he'll be looking at Fellaini and possibly Baines with the former likely to go.

The reason I say Jags wont go is because with the money we are likely to get from the Fellaini sale we should be able to bring in a few new players and not need to sell anyone else - so I can see us then refusing to sell our new captain especially if the bids are around the 10 million mark.

The new manager may not have Jags as captain and he might spit his dummy ;).

That may be true ;)

But I still think he'll stay even if he's not captain; doesn't strike me as the type of guy who'd sulk at not getting what he wanted (although I could be wrong).

This won't happen. There will be rumours starting from July 1st when Moyes takes over at MU and they will be linked to Everton and then the occasional Ronaldo, Lewondoski etc.

10 million would be a reasonable price to be honest with you. 30 years old but still at the top of his game. Maybe 15 million. :)

The new manager may not have Jags as captain and he might spit his dummy ;).

He may not even get in the team under a new man. I highly doubt Martinez is going to put up with his and Hibberts endless hoof balls because neither of them can pass it 6 yards. I'm interested to see if the annual link with Arsenal comes up again.

All depends on the new man, a Mackay/Lennon will give us much of he same. Martinez plays a totally different way though.

And whose spot does he take? Certainly not Vidic' spot. Ferdinand is pretty cemented in there as well and then they have Phil Jones begging for playing time. I don't think Jagielka leaves guaranteed first team minutes here in order to take rotation duty. Especially now that he's in the mix for the national team.

And whose spot does he take? Certainly not Vidic' spot. Ferdinand is pretty cemented in there as well and then they have Phil Jones begging for playing time. I don't think Jagielka leaves guaranteed first team minutes here in order to take rotation duty. Especially now that he's in the mix for the national team.

+1

indeed

Eight and a half minutes inwink.png (decent one on about 5'10" as well).

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/match/8657

haha, yes i am aware Phil is capable of the odd decent pass, but do you reckon he could keep it up for 90 mins Mike? im not so sure. Think we should just wait and see who the manager is first then workout if the players fit smile.png

Edited by Simon

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Jones and Smalling.

Someone tell me why they need a centre half? Two of them are amongst the worlds best, Evans would get in most sides and the other two have the potential to replace all three.

I'd maybe be worried about Baines, but he's above their normal buying age and would not be good value for them. Didn't they bring in an up and coming Dutch left back last year? And they still have Fabio, who is rated higher than his twin by a lot of the staff, apparently.

There would only be Fellaini, but if they are to go and spend £20m plus on a player I would think it would be Bale. If the board really want to show their support in Moyes, he's the man they need to bring in for him for big money.

I'd put a couple of quid on United not buying a single one of our players, only the odds would be crap.

I know some MU fans and they reckon they don't need Baines. Fair enough, they have Evra and that other one now. Forgot his name.

I don't even think Fellaini would fit in the style of play of United. He is a different sort of player to the ones they have at the moment, and besides who would he replace....Carrick? Who has had a stormer this season. (I know Fellaini is better than Carrick)

Fellaini isn't consistent either, have his good games and bad, then willl have a winge is we aren't playing well. If he does go he will go to a more physical team.

The new manager may not have Jags as captain and he might spit his dummy wink.png.

Cant see that happening at all, if the new manager has any sense...

He may not even get in the team under a new man. I highly doubt Martinez is going to put up with his and Hibberts endless hoof balls because neither of them can pass it 6 yards. I'm interested to see if the annual link with Arsenal comes up again.

All depends on the new man, a Mackay/Lennon will give us much of he same. Martinez plays a totally different way though.

They were probably encouraged to do that on occasion by the manager.

Alex Buttner.

Going to be a quality player. Ready to step in if we sold Baines.