IGNORED

Please don't buy half the Wigan team roberto.

Far too much undermining Moyes and his work for my liking.

I tend to agree Dunc on many things and I have to say he isn't too far off the money where my own opinions lie; call it an age thing; who knows.

We didn't 'always' pay top wages. Our wage bill had a structure, and was very strict until about 2010 when we raised it for 'was it Arteta'?

Put simply, the wage bill that Wigan were reduced down to by 25% up to 2012 was similar to the overall wage bill that Everton greats such as Scott gemmill, mark pembridge, linderoth etc were earning when Moyes took over 11 yeas ago.

Over the 11 years players wages have gone up astronomically, the very fact that Martinez was able to sustain a team in the premier league whilst reducing his teams expenditure is mind boggling.

If Moyes had to reduce our wage bill by 25% from £60 odd mill to £45m then you could safely say goodbye to Fellaini, jags, baines, mirallas, Osman, Gibson and hello to players plucked from Scottish lower standard teams. So when you compare Martinez's slightly lower league finishes to Steve Bruce's I think the circumstances were not mitigating but actually severe.

This is by no means "well done Bill for awarding those contracts", it's a well done evertonians for getting over 30,000 fans through the turnstiles.

Bit of a silly argument if we're honest.

Martinez now has the chance to show what he can do, and with more money than we've had for a while.

Why not let him prove 'himself' to his critics, and stop taking shots at Moyes. ;)

Bloody hell I actually agree!

Moyes did his thing and now its Martinez's turn. Moyes did bloody well with what he had and Martinez did too.

I think we are doing a huge disservice to Robbo if we think he is just going to go for wigan players. From what I have read he has a huge knowledge of world football so even if we haven't got the transfer money the better wages would allow him to get who he wants

I think we are doing a huge disservice to Robbo if we think he is just going to go for wigan players. From what I have read he has a huge knowledge of world football so even if we haven't got the transfer money the better wages would allow him to get who he wants

Reports of bids for Okore and Cornelius are getting me kinda excited :D

Not that anyone care what someone with 200ish posts has to say, but I like Martinez for a lot of the reasons I liked Moyes. Both are fierce competitors, both are astute students of the game, both spend their free time catching other teams matches, both work to acquire the best players available to them. Moyes was as resistant to selling players as any manager ever, and I hope Martinez ambition tells him to retain as much of our squad as possible. While I think he is a very capable manager nothing annoys me more than managers who are so determined to put their signature on a squad that they let great players leave a club, and believe they can find better replacements. I understand that certain players will better fit in Martinez plan over Moyes, and could be good players for us, but players like Fellaini and Baines are great enough for any type of play.

I am resigned to believe that Fellaini will leave the club and I support it as long as he is the one who makes that decision, but Baines should never be allowed to leave the club unless he develops injury problems or demands a transfer. I believe Baines is one of those players we will all tell our children how they don't make players like him anymore, and will be remembered as one of the clubs all time greats. I would be gutted to see a player like him leave.

Not that anyone care what someone with 200ish posts has to say, but I like Martinez for a lot of the reasons I liked Moyes. Both are fierce competitors, both are astute students of the game, both spend their free time catching other teams matches, both work to acquire the best players available to them. Moyes was as resistant to selling players as any manager ever, and I hope Martinez ambition tells him to retain as much of our squad as possible. While I think he is a very capable manager nothing annoys me more than managers who are so determined to put their signature on a squad that they let great players leave a club, and believe they can find better replacements. I understand that certain players will better fit in Martinez plan over Moyes, and could be good players for us, but players like Fellaini and Baines are great enough for any type of play.

I am resigned to believe that Fellaini will leave the club and I support it as long as he is the one who makes that decision, but Baines should never be allowed to leave the club unless he develops injury problems or demands a transfer. I believe Baines is one of those players we will all tell our children how they don't make players like him anymore, and will be remembered as one of the clubs all time greats. I would be gutted to see a player like him leave.

Doesn't matter how many posts you have whether anyone cares what you have to say!