IGNORED

Fixture list.

Aidan

Bet we get a tough start

We'll get one of the promoted sides on the first day, and finish end of season with a fixture against one of the heavyweights. All this 'random selection' is fucking garbage. It's however someone wants the fixtures to be. To suit their own ends. Even money we play Chelsea, Manchester United or Arsenal as a last day game. You can quote me on that. It's about as corrupt as the rest of soccer in todays game.

We'll get one of the promoted sides on the first day, and finish end of season with a fixture against one of the heavyweights. All this 'random selection' is fucking garbage. It's however someone wants the fixtures to be. To suit their own ends. Even money we play Chelsea, Manchester United or Arsenal as a last day game. You can quote me on that. It's about as corrupt as the rest of soccer in todays game.

If you read the link Mark posted a few back you'll see that it's not claimed to be random. It's so complex that if you tried to add a bit of "corruption" it'd be nigh on impossible.

Think we get liverpool on aug 31st. Usually October and April. Happy to play them whenever!

Happy to play them anytime, too. They're just another team in the league, to me. An irrelevance. Like a needy dog constantly requiring attention. I dislike Aston Villa, Chelsea and Newcastle more than I do them and I want to beat every team in the PL as much as I want to beat them.

Was told by someone "well sourced" 31st Aug was derby! I gave it credibility due to the fact that police and the local authorities would know in advance - nevermind!

The area I looked straight for was Christmas fixtures, and I must say you've gotta be happy with that!

Dec 14: Fulham (h)

Dec 21: Swansea City (a)

Dec 26: Sunderland (h)

Dec 28: Southampton (h)

Jan 1: Stoke City (a)

The start IMO gives Martinez the ideal opportunity to create belief. Let the players go and express themselves in the way he wants them to against opposition that should give us more ability to do so. Once you have belief, you get the confidence and from there it's momentum. Not surprisingly, he is a manager who seems to generate alot of momentum. Wigan have often gone on great runs against all odds.

Was told by someone "well sourced" 31st Aug was derby! I gave it credibility due to the fact that police and the local authorities would know in advance - nevermind!

It was because Liverpool published it as such yesterday before it was taken down.

And all (most of) the usual big and recognized names get a home fixture on the opening day against beatable opposition. It's not even worth a damn argument.

Still insist it's too premature to introduce these games for next season but what can you do. Only to say looking at the early games we have ahead, there's points to be had there. Norwich will be an awkward trip, but WBA and Cardiff should be quietly confident, and then you see there's a whole host of difficult games thereafter with fixtures against plastics, Manchester City and Tottenham, although a last day at Hull City will be interesting and sure both sides will have something to fight for when the time arises.