IGNORED

Victor Wanyama

I think I would rather see £8M on Dutch Leroy Fer than £12M on a Kenyan who has had a good year for Celtic in a very very uncompetative SPL with the spare £4M spent on a decent young centre back. Two for the price of one. Although the Dutch league isn't all that great, its still streets ahead of the SPL (with no Rangers).

Both are described as the defensive 'box to box' midfeilders, so not going to see both.

I think I would rather see £8M on Dutch Leroy Fer than £12M on a Kenyan who has had a good year for Celtic in a very very uncompetative SPL with the spare £4M spent on a decent young centre back. Two for the price of one. Although the Dutch league isn't all that great, its still streets ahead of the SPL (with no Rangers).

Both are described as the defensive 'box to box' midfeilders, so not going to see both.

Fer isn't really a defensive player.

How have Southampton and Cardiff got £12.5M to spend on a single player? You would think both teams would be better spreading that much money over three or four players accross their squad. Both must be fairly shortish odds as relegation scrappers next season.

How much extras is the new EPL TV deal worth?

Fer isn't really a defensive player.

Yes he is - nicknamed 'the Bouncer' decribed as the next Patrick Veaira, he has been used as a right back to a striker (so very versitile), but over the past few seasons has been used as a 'defensive' midfeilder.

What would you say he is?

How have Southampton and Cardiff got £12.5M to spend on a single player? You would think both teams would be better spreading that much money over three or four players accross their squad. Both must be fairly shortish odds as relegation scrappers next season.

How much extras is the new EPL TV deal worth?

Yes he is - nicknamed 'the Bouncer' decribed as the next Patrick Veaira, he has been used as a right back to a striker (so very versitile), but over the past few seasons has been used as a 'defensive' midfeilder.

What would you say he is?

Box-to-box, offensive midfielder even. He's nicknamed "The Bouncer" (a nickname that is really hardly ever used) because he's a tall and muscular black man, not because he's a defensive midfielder. I don't think he has ever played as a right back or as a striker and he has hardly ever been used as a defensive midfielder in the past few seasons. He has a couple of times in recent months and he has been criticized for his performances in that position. He's at his best when he's getting into the box.

Box-to-box, offensive midfielder even. He's nicknamed "The Bouncer" (a nickname that is really hardly ever used) because he's a tall and muscular black man, not because he's a defensive midfielder. I don't think he has ever played as a right back or as a striker and he has hardly ever been used as a defensive midfielder in the past few seasons. He has a couple of times in recent months and he has been criticized for his performances in that position. He's at his best when he's getting into the box.

That's what I have read on the internet about him - can't say I have seen him play. I assume you have seen a fair bit of Fer then, So if you have watched him play, I am happy to go with you more informed knowledge of the fella.

But the Executioner usually gives a good breakdown of a player, and that coupled with other internet articles would lead me to think he would be a midfeild enforcer type who who has timely runs in to the box from deep, as opposed to a playermaker-attacking midfeilder type. Would you also be looking for a defensive type Wanyama in the line up to complement Fer then? If that's the case I have got the compleate wrong end of the stick on what Fer would be bring to the team.

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/scout-report-leroy-fer-the-new-vieira-or-nyarko/

Yes, I've seen plenty of Fer, I saw him when he played for Feyenoord as well and he definitely cannot be the midfielder that sits back the most, it goes against his instincts and completely negates his most important qualities. He could play in the 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 favoured by Moyes next to someone who sits, like Gibson would, doesn't necessarily need to be a powerful player like Wanyama, but he needs someone to sit and cover. In the Euro U21's he even played as an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. But he isn't a playmaker either. He's more like Yaya Touré, but not as good.

Having seen a lot of him, how does he sit with a £8M price tag. Not may as good as Toure

He'll be cheaper than £8m. He was cheaper in January and now he's only got a year left, he also hasn't impressed for Twente since the failed move.

I'd like Bobby to go 4-3-3 with a strong holding midfielder and two more creative players in front though, so I hope we don't sign Fer.

Edited by Steve_E

• 2 weeks later...

Wanyama and Kone? Article said tht Martinez already has signed him and the Latics are replacing him.

I would be well happy if this is true. Would kill the loan for the barca youngster though.

Wanyama, Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe hows that for Attacking options? (better than we have had for a very long time?)

Wanyama and Kone? Article said tht Martinez already has signed him and the Latics are replacing him.

I would be well happy if this is true. Would kill the loan for the barca youngster though.

Wanyama, Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe hows that for Attacking options? (better than we have had for a very long time?)

Wanyama is a DM, can only see us getting him if Felli goes.

The thought of Everton doing business early has all of us flustered :Afro - 2:

Its the stong sun here in sweden doing me head in. Just spent 4 hours gardening in the blazing sun when i posted it. Been to the beach the past 4 hours to. We have 27 degrees C here right now. Clear blue skies to. Thats what im blaming the brainfart on.