IGNORED

United fan - Few questions

Hi there,

Not here on a wind up, I run a United site and do a few pieces on it every so often where I get the views from rival fans on various issues. So I was wondering could a few of you please answer the questions below for my latest article which will obviously be on Everton. I'll link the article and credit this site as where the answers came from. Anyway, questions...

1. Overall views on Moyes leaving Everton and joining us in Manchester?
  2. Happy with Martinez as replacement or could you's have gone after someone higher ranked?
  3. Money seems to be holding your club back from threatening top 4 places. Any hope for future big cash flows?
  4. Your club crest has been a hot topic this summer amongst fans. How do you feel about it all? You 'ditched' the latin before and brought it back, can you see it happening again?
  5. What do you make of Wayne Rooney at the minute? Seemingly a bad apple in our dressing room, the exit door seems the destination.
  6. Moyes to United, Pellegrini to City and José to Chelsea. Then Bale possibly leaving Spurs and Suarez exiting Liverpool. Is this season the most wide open in years or will we still see a 2-3 horse race?
  7. What would you define as the strongest part and then the weakest part of Manchester United currently?
  8. Only 3 times in the last 10 seasons have you finished above Liverpool. Does that hurt? What has to change?
  9. Realistically... How do you see Everton doing this season?
  10. Realistically... How do you see United faring this season?

Thanks guys, I'll pop back in a while

Would be glad to provide an opinion.

1) I wish David Moyes every success. He did very well at Everton, but the time was right for him to move on. Think Tony Blair initially the PM of Britain, but the time was later right for him to become a Middle East envoy for the United Nations. Moyes from Everton to ManU; Blair from Britain to the Middle East. Fair comparison? ;)

2) As far as I'm concerned, Martinez was the highest ranking man available. As a young manager, his track record is impressive. He turned Swansea from almost a non-league team into the EPL powerhouse they are today. He turned Wigan into a team that, on its day, could beat any other team in the EPL, even in a town of only 75,000 people and a pitifully small budget. Clearly he has the respect of Barcelona, because they loaned Deulofeu to Everton and not to other EPL teams. I'm very excited about RM now being at the helm of Everton.

3) Money does not hold back a team from a top four place. See how Notts Forest won the European Cup two years in succession despite having a very small budget compared to ManU, Liverpool, and so on. It can be done. Watch the coming season, and you'll see that this is the case. Money is a factor, but it's not the principal factor.

4) Frankly, why is this relevant? I think ManU's new kit is a joke, but I wouldn't probe you about it.

5) From what I hear, Wayne Rooney and David Moyes didn't really get along at Everton, so it's no surprise to see they don't get along at Old Trafford. Payback? Who knows. It would seem in everyone's best interest that Rooney leave and join Chelsea.

6) It is a wide open season. Everton, Swansea, Liverpool, Spurs, and other teams have a genuine opportunity to finish this year in the Top Four. There may well be some surprises this season.

7) The strongest assets of ManU are its history and its fan base. Its biggest weaknesses are its defence, its midfield, and its forwards. :) Honestly, the biggest name brought in during this transfer window is a player from some no-name country in Latin America who has played first team football for only a year? And this because no fewer than six players from Europe turned down ManU. Think about it. That is a huge problem.

8) I could say the same about ManU at various times over the last few decades. What matters, of course, is where we are now. Two seasons in a row ahead of Liverpool, and the current season will make it three. Nothing there to hurt.

9) Everton could finish anywhere from 1st to 20th. Personally, I'd say anywhere from 3rd to 10th.

10) Manchester United could finish anywhere from 1st to 20th. Personally, I'd say anywhere from 3rd to 10th.

In other words, we'll be at about the same level this year. Want a small wager on which team will finish higher up the league? It might influence your answers to questions 1 and 2.

Would be glad to provide an opinion.

1) I wish David Moyes every success. He did very well at Everton, but the time was right for him to move on. Think Tony Blair initially the PM of Britain, but the time was later right for him to become a Middle East envoy for the United Nations. Moyes from Everton to ManU; Blair from Britain to the Middle East. Fair comparison? ;)

2) As far as I'm concerned, Martinez was the highest ranking man available. As a young manager, his track record is impressive. He turned Swansea from almost a non-league team into the EPL powerhouse they are today. He turned Wigan into a team that, on its day, could beat any other team in the EPL, even in a town of only 75,000 people and a pitifully small budget. Clearly he has the respect of Barcelona, because they loaned Deulofeu to Everton and not to other EPL teams. I'm very excited about RM now being at the helm of Everton.

3) Money does not hold back a team from a top four place. See how Notts Forest won the European Cup two years in succession despite having a very small budget compared to ManU, Liverpool, and so on. It can be done. Watch the coming season, and you'll see that this is the case. Money is a factor, but it's not the principal factor.

4) Frankly, why is this relevant? I think ManU's new kit is a joke, but I wouldn't probe you about it.

5) From what I hear, Wayne Rooney and David Moyes didn't really get along at Everton, so it's no surprise to see they don't get along at Old Trafford. Payback? Who knows. It would seem in everyone's best interest that Rooney leave and join Chelsea.

6) It is a wide open season. Everton, Swansea, Liverpool, Spurs, and other teams have a genuine opportunity to finish this year in the Top Four. There may well be some surprises this season.

7) The strongest assets of ManU are its history and its fan base. Its biggest weaknesses are its defence, its midfield, and its forwards. :) Honestly, the biggest name brought in during this transfer window is a player from some no-name country in Latin America who has played first team football for only a year? And this because no fewer than six players from Europe turned down ManU. Think about it. That is a huge problem.

8) I could say the same about ManU at various times over the last few decades. What matters, of course, is where we are now. Two seasons in a row ahead of Liverpool, and the current season will make it three. Nothing there to hurt.

9) Everton could finish anywhere from 1st to 20th. Personally, I'd say anywhere from 3rd to 10th.

10) Manchester United could finish anywhere from 1st to 20th. Personally, I'd say anywhere from 3rd to 10th.

In other words, we'll be at about the same level this year. Want a small wager on which team will finish higher up the league? It might influence your answers to questions 1 and 2.

I sort of understand your Tony Blair analogy but considering he took us to an illegal and unjustified war with Iraq, he shouldn't be any near the Middle East, let alone as a peace envoy! Maybe that's a little harsh on Moyes.

1- Didn't think he would get the job. His brand of football will not appeal to many but I wish him luck and perhaps with more cash to spend and the expectations he may try to be a little more expressive.

2- Very happy with Martinez, too much read into Wigans relegation and much prefer getting a manager with prem experience than a supposed big name from abroad. Also believe he will get us playing a better brand of football and if Moyes was still our manager Deuolefou would not be on loan here for a year.

3- No hope of future big cash flows when people take the piss with £30 million offers for 2 of our best players :shaking fist:

4- I don't like change

5- Personally I think you want rid but don't want to sell to a rival, if an offer came from the continent he would be gone

6- Usual contenders I reckon with spurs/arsenal fighting out for 4th. I think the spots below will be very competitive as a lot of mid-table clubs have strenghtened

7- You need a combative strong midfielder, maybe another centre back as ferdinand ages and imo evans proves he is toilet, smalling and jones seem injury prone

8- I don't see Liverpool as a barometer for our success and finishing above them means nothing. I wouldn't want that to be a goal for us going into a season. It means more to them which speaks volumes

9- I think in the short term we may go backwards as we adjust to life under Martinez. The more expansive football Im expecting us to play might make us easier to beat however I go into this season with probably more optimism than the last few and look forward to seeing what Bobby can draw out of our more creative players and certainly more opportunities for our youngsters

10- Right up there I would imagine and you can look forward to everybody behind the ball when 1-0 up in the manc derby :lol:

Good luck to him, he deserves his chance with some money and a shot at the big time. Although, the way in which this was all handled showed a remarkable lack of class from both him and Utd, which hasn’t been helped with the insulting offer for Baines and proposed dismal combined offer being touted.

2. Happy with Martinez as replacement or could you's have gone after someone higher ranked?

Yes, happy with him. I was a little frustrated and concerned when we were first linked, but after reading some analysis of him and his methods, I'm very excited. He seems to be as thorough as Moyes is, but with a positive, disciplined approach rather than cautious.

3. Money seems to be holding your club back from threatening top 4 places. Any hope for future big cash flows?

Sore point here. I don’t think we will get big investment soon. I also don’t necessarily think money is the answer, or at least not all of the answer. We’ve already broken the “top 4” (with a terrible team on paper, at least compared to todays) once and come close a few times since.

4. Your club crest has been a hot topic this summer amongst fans. How do you feel about it all? You 'ditched' the latin before and brought it back, can you see it happening again?

Another sore point. I hate it, actually loathe the thing and see it as an embarrassment. We’ve been promised a real crest next season, with actual input from the fans. It better materialize…

5. What do you make of Wayne Rooney at the minute? Seemingly a bad apple in our dressing room, the exit door seems the destination.

Hes just been told he will play second fiddle to RVP by his new boss, who he already has a history with. He wants to play, he wants to win and no one with that hunger and skill set should be playing the “just in case RVP is injured” role. I don’t blame him at all and from what I've seen, its not him making all this noise, its either been the club or press. Might be wrong there though. Send him back to us, we’ll sort him out for you ;)

6. Moyes to United, Pellegrini to City and José to Chelsea. Then Bale possibly leaving Spurs and Suarez exiting Liverpool. Is this season the most wide open in years or will we still see a 2-3 horse race?

2-3 horse race, between Utd, City and Chelsea. Arsenal, despite making big noises of big transfers, have done nothing to suggest they will improve on an average squad. Spurs might be a surprise package, especially if Bale goes and the money is reinvested. I actually think Liverpool will be worse off if it stays, so hoping for that J

7. What would you define as the strongest part and then the weakest part of Manchester United currently?

Don’t know enough about you guys.

8. Only 3 times in the last 10 seasons have you finished above Liverpool. Does that hurt? What has to change?

2 of them on the bounce over the last 2 seasons (would be nice to continue the new theme J ), and 1 which should’ve denied them Champions League football. Yes it hurts, but they spend (and waste) hundreds of millions, persistently embarrass themselves in terms of conduct, discipline and ludicrous managerial statements. They will finish above this year, and im sure they will start gloating again, but I don’t care.

Around 10th, given its Martinezs first season with us. Which I'm sure a lot of Everton fans will overreact to, but it’s a new style of play to get used to, new staff, etc.

1. Realistically... How do you see United faring this season?

3rd minimum. I know your preseason hasn’t gone too well but only see Spurs potentially upsetting the top 4.

Hi there,

Not here on a wind up, I run a United site and do a few pieces on it every so often where I get the views from rival fans on various issues. So I was wondering could a few of you please answer the questions below for my latest article which will obviously be on Everton. I'll link the article and credit this site as where the answers came from. Anyway, questions...

A: Many on here know that i'd had enough of Moyes. It's not sour grapes because he was exactly what we needed to get us out of trouble and straighten the club out - for me he is a top fixer. After he's fixed what is broken - for me that is where he is lacking. He hasn't really evolved too much from the manager I seen over 11 years ago. His stubborn and hesitant nature is not suited for teams who are looking to win things, he is naturally geared to preventing the other teams from scoring. I think United fans will be against him before long, purely because I think he will draw too many games and bottle big moments. He struggles to manage big personalities- he has to be the alpha male.

1. Happy with Martinez as replacement or could you's have gone after someone higher ranked?

A: made up with him, for me he is the opposite to moyes. He doesn't have a problem with playing football from the back and worry about players doing what their talent directs them to do. He may have rough edges that may be exposed, but i've seen enough of him to think we are extremely lucky to have a manager that I actually think was more suited to Man United than Moyes.

1. Money seems to be holding your club back from threatening top 4 places. Any hope for future big cash flows?

A: Under our current ownership I have no hopes for a sound commercially run business. Too many amateur mistakes, lack of a structured plan. A bad regime that has been papered over by moyes prudent management.

1. Your club crest has been a hot topic this summer amongst fans. How do you feel about it all? You 'ditched' the latin before and brought it back, can you see it happening again?

A: see above. Run by a bunch of clowns who have little regard for the fans.

1. What do you make of Wayne Rooney at the minute? Seemingly a bad apple in our dressing room, the exit door seems the destination.

A: One word - Stretford. The lad ain't clever enough to have all this political nonsense going on. I think Moyes has handled it wrong and Fergie has been very calculated in ensuring that he wasn't the manager who had to deal with the loss of a player who will no way move abroad. If he moves to another Prem club then United will regret it, he has another 3 top years. For me he hasn't progressed to the player I believed he was going to be, still brilliant, but that will be for another team. United have messed this one up.

1. Moyes to United, Pellegrini to City and José to Chelsea. Then Bale possibly leaving Spurs and Suarez exiting Liverpool. Is this season the most wide open in years or will we still see a 2-3 horse race?

A: I think it's going to be a 2 horse race, Man City versus Chelsea. Spurs will push for 3rd and for me United may finish 4th at best. Moyes looks like a rabbit in the headlights and he hasn't strengthened a team that really should not have won the league last year.

1. What would you define as the strongest part and then the weakest part of Manchester United currently?

A: strongest - RVP. Weakest - defence. You need a bit on an overhaul

1. Only 3 times in the last 10 seasons have you finished above Liverpool. Does that hurt? What has to change

A: Not really bothered, they spend mega bucks and should finish in top 4. They start season expecting to challenge and then finishing above them just highlights how deluded they really are.

1. Realistically... How do you see Everton doing this season?

A: 4-6th

A: Honestly, I can see you finishing in and around where we will. You went for the wrong manager - he's the perfect manager for someone like Sunderland, you needed a mourinho, pellegrini, guardiola, ancellotti, klopp.

1. I was glad he left us and was surprised United wanted him.

2. I was concerned that Martinez was chosen, still am to a certain extent, but I'm warming to him the more I see and hear.

3. There is no hope for an improvement in the financial side of things at Everton, unless we're sold, which looks very unlikely.

4. I hate the new crest. However, it's not because of what is or isn't part of the new crest. It's just childlike and, quite frankly, a piece of shit.

5. I think Rooney has been made into the bad apple of the dressing room, rather than that being the reality. I don't think Moyes has handled the situation well at all. And I'm not surprised about that either.

6. I don't think it'll be wide open at all unfortunately. I can't see past City of Chelsea.

7. The strongest part of United is RVP. And I don't view your weakest part as anyone in your playing squad, but I see your weakness as David Moyes.

8. It doesn't really hurt tbh, it's the way you'd expect it to be when they've spent a lot of money and we're living in poverty.

9. Realistically, I have no idea how we're going to do because it's totally unknown just how Martinez's ideas will transfer to our team. We could be pushing Top 4 or we could be in mid-table obscurity.

10. Realistically, I think United will finish third.

Hi there,

#1 Sad to see him go after 11 years, got no animosity towards the man but for the good of the club he had to depart. Were never going to win anything under the Scot and maybe now with a new attacking name, we may finally get somewhere. Strange appointment for you, it really was the wrong destination. Really should have appointed someone else. Hope your chairman has some good patience.

#2 Wasn't the choice I wanted but we could have done a lot worse. could have done better also, but we'll at least give him a chance here

#3 Not anytime soon.

#4 Didn't like it, a poor effort, certain room for improvement, but it's no good crying over spilt milk.

#5 Can't ever see him back with Everton. Pale shade of the player of years back and if snides like Chelsea snap him up, I feel inclined to say they can have him. Think a fair number of Everton supporters still harbor some animosity towards the individual since his departure.

#6 Just the usual suspects getting involved again for the league championship. Even other european places.

#7 Global appeal, world recognized fan base . Weakest area could be Moyes himself, that was a real step back.

#8 No it doesn't hurt. Get upset often enough but LIverpool finishing a place higher than ourselves doesn't constitute universal Armageddon. Pleased we have finished above them twice now but they've made some good signings in recent weeks so not so confident for next time.

#9 can't see much difference from before. Martinez will be interesting but he's going to need more than one season to make a significant difference. Maybe grab one of the last UEFA cup places but expecting between 7th and 9th in all probability.

#10 If you have to win the league championship again, I would rather you than the plastics. But would prefer City to be title winners. Going to be awkward for you now with Moyes, maybe fourth or fifth place even.

Hi there,

Good luck to him, he deserves his chance with some money and a shot at the big time. Although, the way in which this was all handled showed a remarkable lack of class from both him and Utd, which hasn’t been helped with the insulting offer for Baines and proposed dismal combined offer being touted.

Yes, happy with him. I was a little frustrated and concerned when we were first linked, but after reading some analysis of him and his methods, I'm very excited. He seems to be as thorough as Moyes is, but with a positive, disciplined approach rather than cautious.

Sore point here. I don’t think we will get big investment soon. I also don’t necessarily think money is the answer, or at least not all of the answer. We’ve already broken the “top 4” (with a terrible team on paper, at least compared to todays) once and come close a few times since.

Another sore point. I hate it, actually loathe the thing and see it as an embarrassment. We’ve been promised a real crest next season, with actual input from the fans. It better materialize…

Hes just been told he will play second fiddle to RVP by his new boss, who he already has a history with. He wants to play, he wants to win and no one with that hunger and skill set should be playing the “just in case RVP is injured” role. I don’t blame him at all and from what I've seen, its not him making all this noise, its either been the club or press. Might be wrong there though. Send him back to us, we’ll sort him out for you ;)

2-3 horse race, between Utd, City and Chelsea. Arsenal, despite making big noises of big transfers, have done nothing to suggest they will improve on an average squad. Spurs might be a surprise package, especially if Bale goes and the money is reinvested. I actually think Liverpool will be worse off if it stays, so hoping for that J

Don’t know enough about you guys.

2 of them on the bounce over the last 2 seasons (would be nice to continue the new theme J ), and 1 which should’ve denied them Champions League football. Yes it hurts, but they spend (and waste) hundreds of millions, persistently embarrass themselves in terms of conduct, discipline and ludicrous managerial statements. They will finish above this year, and im sure they will start gloating again, but I don’t care.

Around 10th, given its Martinezs first season with us. Which I'm sure a lot of Everton fans will overreact to, but it’s a new style of play to get used to, new staff, etc.

3rd minimum. I know your preseason hasn’t gone too well but only see Spurs potentially upsetting the top 4.

#1 Sad to see him go after 11 years, got no animosity towards the man but for the good of the club he had to depart. Were never going to win anything under the Scot and maybe now with a new attacking name, we may finally get somewhere. Strange appointment for you, it really was the wrong destination. Really should have appointed someone else. Hope your chairman has some good patience.

#2 Wasn't the choice I wanted but we could have done a lot worse. could have done better also, but we'll at least give him a chance here

#3 Not anytime soon.

#4 Didn't like it, a poor effort, certain room for improvement, but it's no good crying over spilt milk.

#5 Can't ever see him back with Everton. Pale shade of the player of years back and if snides like Chelsea snap him up, I feel inclined to say they can have him. Think a fair number of Everton supporters still harbor some animosity towards the individual since his departure.

#6 Just the usual suspects getting involved again for the league championship. Even other european places.

#7 Global appeal, world recognized fan base . Weakest area could be Moyes himself, that was a real step back.

#8 No it doesn't hurt. Get upset often enough but LIverpool finishing a place higher than ourselves doesn't constitute universal Armageddon. Pleased we have finished above them twice now but they've made some good signings in recent weeks so not so confident for next time.

#9 can't see much difference from before. Martinez will be interesting but he's going to need more than one season to make a significant difference. Maybe grab one of the last UEFA cup places but expecting between 7th and 9th in all probability.

#10 If you have to win the league championship again, I would rather you than the plastics. But would prefer City to be title winners. Going to be awkward for you now with Moyes, maybe fourth or fifth place even.

1. david moyes,good but not that good.not being churlish,but in every big game tha really mattered we came up short.an fa cup final,the semi,and last seasons 2 cup competitions prime example.we just threw too many games away from a good position,never seemed to have a plan b.we threw away so many games last season in the final minutes,and I,ll never forget the infamous 3-0 anfield surrender.and of course we never won at old Trafford,anfield or the emirates.4th spot seemed far more important to moyes than a trophywe had our chances and I was devastated by our cup exits last season.our best chance for years was blown.overall he,s a good man but we needed a change and so did moyes.

2.delighted with Roberto Martinez.in reality we were never going to attract the big big names,our only options in my opinion were Roberto

or Michael laudrup and in no circumstances neil lennon.i was rooting for rm the best available,like his football philosophy and a true gentleman.which is good media wise.already we are more of a passing outfit,and he needs to keep our traditional hard to beat ethos.

my only worry is wigan were kamikaze at the back ,great to watch but so slack in defence.really wish Roberto all the very best and pray he does well.

3.the money question the great everton mystery ! why do investors never go in for everton ? is it because whoever came in would immediately be faced with funding a new stadium before they even start on forking out on players.is that the reason,and it has never been

explained why we are so skint in the first place,does it all stem from peter Johnson chairmanship ? and also there is a man called lord

grantchester on the board supposed to be one of Britain,s wealthiest men.so why the hell has,nt he ever put is hands in his pockets for

everton ?money isn't everything but the gap between the have and haves not is getting worringly larger.

4.the new crest is a disgrace,like something drawn in a school competition.and actually it is very relevant because of the big drop in merchandise sales as so many fans including me are disgusted with it.simply cannot believe ithat bill kenwright didn't stop it.

5.wayne rooney,first game back at goodison he was kissing the united badge,i,ll never forgive him for that.its blatantly obvious him

and moyes don't get on.and I imagine moyes is furious tha his arrival and settling in period at old Trafford has totally been ruined

by the rooney situation.and rooney is hated by evertonians and now he,s hated by united fans.does,nt that say it all.

6.city have got their signings in early no fuss and that gives them the advantage,chelsea have their prodigal son back and they will be strong.united have the squad that just won the league.a good start for arsenal,spurs,liverpool us or anyone else and who knows,

but you cant see beyond the usual suspects.

7.obvious advantage of a settled title winning squad with ferguson upstairs to offer advice.but the big question is if moyes has a

bad start or a bad run later on,then how will united fans react,will they give him time ?

8.finishing above Liverpool is nice and no more than that.it only really matters if we were 4th and they were 5th say.but overall the form

and performance of everton is all we care about,trophies are a dam sight more important .but of corse if we were doing well and they

were having a struggle then im delighted

9..if we could get a top 6 finish I,d be delighted,it isn't beyond us,but that's if we can stay more injury free than the usual carnage

everton seem to suffer,the cups must be taken very seriously,because a trophy would mean the world to us.i just want us to do well

play good football,and im totally behind Martinez,and for 1 am prepared to be patient.

10.united will do well,they always do,but I hope moyes respects us enough not to try and nab bainesy'fellaini I expect to leave.

he,s been making come and get noises for a few seasons now,totally sick of it.dont wont to sound petty.but if moyes comes back

for bainesy,i hope he fails at old Trafford.im not one of those united haters.tts just I passionately love everton football club,always

have always will.