IGNORED

The GLBT debate

Matt

I cant believe i missed this thread.

I nearly replied to lots and lots of posts, and ended up reading every single one.

I've got to ask after all of this, as we have almost 6,000 members, do any gay members fancy coming out on TT?

I'm against all discrimination. I come from a huge family, we have openly gay cousins(Southerners), openly racist cousins aunty and uncle (Americans), strong catholics who go to church each week, and i even think we have some homophobes but they arent quite so open about it.

I just dont see how anyone is different from the next guy. I understand religious beliefs being different. and if your religion affects your take on sexuality i just find it sad.

I'm getting married in 18 months, it is a civil ceremony, if i tell everyone my partner is male will i be treated differently on TT?

I cant believe i missed this thread.

I nearly replied to lots and lots of posts, and ended up reading every single one.

I've got to ask after all of this, as we have almost 6,000 members, do any gay members fancy coming out on TT?

I'm against all discrimination. I come from a huge family, we have openly gay cousins(Southerners), openly racist cousins aunty and uncle (Americans), strong catholics who go to church each week, and i even think we have some homophobes but they arent quite so open about it.

I just dont see how anyone is different from the next guy. I understand religious beliefs being different. and if your religion affects your take on sexuality i just find it sad.

I'm getting married in 18 months, it is a civil ceremony, if i tell everyone my partner is male will i be treated differently on TT?

Top post!

smiley-wagging-his-finger-saying-no-emot I'm a southerner :unsure:.

I had a gay cousin who lived in Brighton....how big a cliche is that? Brilliant bloke, his funeral was one of the best parties I've ever been to. He planned it all himself.

My cousin lives near Brighton too.

:rofl::rofl:

Just a couple clichés Kohen.

I only know gay people down South and racists in America.

Edited by StevO

• 4 weeks later...

There's an American documentary out about this at the moment ("God loves Uganda"). It's about right wing Evangelical Christian's influence in Uganda.

There's one particular shot in the trailer which is pretty harrowing, it's the way the camera swings around to show an American woman talking into a Ugandan boy's ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_hKv4pEM4#t=114

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add my 2p worth to this debate.... it has been said above that being gay is not 'natural', however homosexual behaviour exists in otter species not just ours; including other primates.

Live and let live is what I say :)

Edit - meant 'other species' not otter species. Although I'm sure otters probably have a dabble too

Edited by Ant1979