IGNORED

Latest takeover nonsense (Everton Red Bulls)

Its not happening. As Romey pointed out, half season tickets on sale soon.

I wouldnt mind Red Bull being added though. Everyone would still call the team Everton. The can is blue :D

Red Bull would see any investment as a long term investment and thats what we need so even if I think that this is a load of horse crap, this is the exact type of investment that we need. Would much prefer it over oil money.

I wouldnt mind Red Bull being added though. Everyone would still call the team Everton. The can is blue :D

Red Bull would see any investment as a long term investment and thats what we need so even if I think that this is a load of horse crap, this is the exact type of investment that we need. Would much prefer it over oil money.

This is exactly what we should keep out of the door imo. Changing the name and club colours are a bridge too far for me and that's what they do with all of the football clubs they've invested in so far.

yes, they would see it as along term business investment. Whilst this is a business that we're in, this is also a family. If new parents take over a family and alter the key things that make up the family (name, house, etc) there would be hell to pay, and rightly so. I feel for Cardiff and Hull, who have had the foundations of the clubs undetermined for the sake of business.

We were once called St Domingo's so no biggy about a name change in that respect.

Are Liverpool a big enough City brand in a global market? Maybe, but I'm pretty sure they'll want a London team. Everton Red Bulls is bad enough, but imagine being called Liverpool Red Bulls.

Kenwright wouldn't do it to us, so it's a no go for me.

the 2 teams they have previously got involved with where/are far smaller than Everton or Liverpool or any Premier League team, i doubt they would get away with the same level of re-branding and they would be stupid to even try, but a company like that brings serious money though.

What if they made a new drink, and called it Blue Moo :lol:

We were once called St Domingo's so no biggy about a name change in that respect.

Are Liverpool a big enough City brand in a global market? Maybe, but I'm pretty sure they'll want a London team. Everton Red Bulls is bad enough, but imagine being called Liverpool Red Bulls.

Kenwright wouldn't do it to us, so it's a no go for me.

not in my life time, nor anyone alive. St Domingos lasted how long, a year right? Before the football league was founded too. Bit of difference compared to 135 years of history, with titles, cups and European past glories under the name Everton. So, in my opinion, its crazy to compare.

not in my life time, nor anyone alive. St Domingos lasted how long, a year right? Before the football league was founded too. Bit of difference compared to 135 years of history, with titles, cups and European past glories under the name Everton. So, in my opinion, its crazy to compare.

Not to mention that the name change didn't involve adding the name of a major corporation.

So we want investment, but on our terms. Gotcha :lol:

If we have to compromise somewhere then you can understand it. We want to keep our name, and investers want to promote theirs. Somewhere in the middle could be a happy medium.

What about going 50/50?

Red Everton? :P

So we want investment, but on our terms. Gotcha :lol:

If we have to compromise somewhere then you can understand it. We want to keep our name, and investers want to promote theirs. Somewhere in the middle could be a happy medium.

What about going 50/50?

Red Everton? :P

we want investment without selling our soul ;)

So if Red Bull offered to build a new stadium called the Red Bull stadium in a prime location, and offered a structured business plan that would see Everton rise once again to the top of European football, whilst keeping Booby as manager, Bill as chairman, and reclining seats with a service button and intercom, not to mention half time cheer leaders and and free beer, and all they wanted was for us to change our name from Everton (a district we've never set foot in as a team) to Everton Red Bulls, you'd say no?

Nothing wrong with Red Bull stadium. Plenty of other stadiums are named after sponsors. But you don't hear of team's having to change their name, and I would be against that.

Companies should invest in a football team as a viable business generating solid revenue and profits, not as a marketing channel for their product. No problem in demanding that. With professionals in charge, Everton themselves could become an international brand. So much more income could be generated by reaching out to fans overseas. If FSG can do it with Liverpool, why couldn't Red Bull do it with Everton?

So if Red Bull offered to build a new stadium called the Red Bull stadium in a prime location, and offered a structured business plan that would see Everton rise once again to the top of European football, whilst keeping Booby as manager, Bill as chairman, and reclining seats with a service button and intercom, not to mention half time cheer leaders and and free beer, and all they wanted was for us to change our name from Everton (a district we've never set foot in as a team) to Everton Red Bulls, you'd say no?

Id only say no to the name change. I dont care that its not based in the district, I dont care we were called St Domingos for a season. Our history, our club is Everton F.C. Change it and its not the same club. If they build the stadium theyre entitled to name it what they want. They didnt build the club, ergo they have no right to rebrand it.

Anyway, this is all immaterial since its red bullshit

Edited by Matt

It would be a massive deal, and Redbull does have deep pockets...

Agree with the article, don't think many evertonians would like the idea of being called 'everton red bulls'

So does Holly Willoughby's vagina, but there's been no talk of going into a partnership with that.

Reading the link, doesn't seem to be above nonsense, at least reading 'this club was heavily associated with Rangnick during the last close season' - which was a surprise, as I don't remember at all any such instance ?

More importantly, I don't want, and supporters of this club in general, would want no association with the color red. As always as it is, it's all about commercial ventures and someone that can make an eventual profit. And play home games at the 'Red Bull stadium, and (possibly) change the club name (Everton Red Bulls) ?'. Fuck off - it's an asinine idea whichever way you look at it, and can't see this ever seeing the light of day.

But someone once said 'football is a funny game' - as in, anything is possible - and that's what worries me a little too much.

It will never be changed to 'red' .....if there is any truth in this which I find very hard to believe, why don't we refrain from moaning about a silly fucking three letter word and let our club excel for once.... We will be well and truely left behind soon and you can all lick your wounds in a scabby run down goodison park whilst watching us entertain barnet...... Start getting with the times. First the badge then the word red..... This will all be insignificant to the banks once they take the club from under our noses.

It will never be changed to 'red' .....if there is any truth in this which I find very hard to believe, why don't we refrain from moaning about a silly fucking three letter word and let our club excel for once.... We will be well and truely left behind soon and you can all lick your wounds in a scabby run down goodison park whilst watching us entertain barnet...... Start getting with the times. First the badge then the word red..... This will all be insignificant to the banks once they take the club from under our noses.

:doh:

Same nonsense every year. Yes we need investment, and yes we currently have a a crap business model, but us disappearing etc has been recycled by doom merchants and over exaggerators for as long as I can remember. It just wont happen. Money doesnt equal success, buying a ton of big name players doesnt equal success. We need change, but have a little realism - Everton isnt going anywhere anytime soon.