IGNORED

Rank our summer signings

Peter H

Would be interesting to see how everyone feels about our signings. Be honest, were you wrong? Were you right?

Worst signing first, best signing last and the ones we can choose are Robles, Alcaraz, Barry, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lukaku and Kone. (Did I miss anyone?)

1- Kone. How wrong was I? I really thought he would be a great signing for us. Could still come good but if im ranking him now he looks awful.

2 - Alcaraz. Bit harsh perhaps. He is a good player and his stats at Wigan were amazing. Just have not seen him play. Looking forward to see him give Distin and Jags some competition.

3 - Robles. Just not seen him play enough

4 - Deulofeu. Im a tad disappointed to be honest

5 - Barry. Wealth of experience and has already showed why he was so appreciated by City fans.

6 - McCarthy. Knew this kid would be good and now he is really starting to show us all what he can do. Could give him first place as he is actually our own player...

7 - ...but I had to give it to Lukaku. What a monster.

Edited by Peter H

Firstly, Robles was brought in as a no2 keeper, and that's his job until Howard gets dropped etc, so we won't see much of him.

Deulofeu is a kid that has been sent to us to help him develop. Let's not expect too much from this. The fact he has been played is mainly an opportunity for us to see him, and him to get experience. I think he's done ok so far.

Kone has looked ok to me, and we've seen nothing of him to judge yet. Had his shots gone in we'd have been praising him, but that's the fine line.

Alcaraz is a waste of wages at the moment and needs to get fit. Poor signing.

Barry is helping out, but not as great as some fans seem to be getting excited about. I would call his performances good enough to keep his place, but certainly not exceptional.

McCarthy: Too little to judge. Yesterday he played well among many players who didn't, but fingers crossed he will prove to be a great signing.

Lukaku: Good striker and passer, but looks several weeks behind in terms of stamina and I think we should cut his minutes down for now.

1- Kone. If the Lukaku deal was a certain and known earlier, I doubt Kone would be an Everton player.

2 - Alcaraz. Pointless and not just because he's injured. More so that RM(oyes) has not dropped under-performing defenders.

3 - Deulofeu. Greedy, but looks useful.

4 - Robles. Howard hasn't been tested much, but I have more confidence in him now than last season. Robles has done a good job of putting him on his toes.

5 - Barry. Steady Eddie, like a Lee Carsley plus 1. Upgrade on Gibson, passing not as great, but his positioning and professionalism make up for it.

6 - Lukaku. We've cried out for a goal scorer for 10 years, Moyes nearly managed it after 9 years, but Jela turned out to be a dud. Pity he's only on loan otherwise he'd be my best pick.

7 - McCarthy. He's no Fellaini, but he may well become the bread and butter of Everton for the next 10 years.

1- Kone. If the Lukaku deal was a certain and known earlier, I doubt Kone would be an Everton player.

2 - Alcaraz. Pointless and not just because he's injured. More so that RM(oyes) has not dropped under-performing defenders.

3 - Deulofeu. Greedy, but looks useful.

4 - Robles. Howard hasn't been tested much, but I have more confidence in him now than last season. Robles has done a good job of putting him on his toes.

5 - Barry. Steady Eddie, like a Lee Carsley plus 1. Upgrade on Gibson, passing not as great, but his positioning and professionalism make up for it. would still have Carsley over Barry.

6 - Lukaku. We've cried out for a goal scorer for 10 years, Moyes nearly managed it after 9 years, but Jela turned out to be a dud. Pity he's only on loan otherwise he'd be my best pick. weve had at least another quality goalscorer, who drove me nuts with how lazy he was, in Yakubu. Its not the first time weve had a goalscorer in the last 10 years, the difference is the striker is being asked to play as a striker, not AML or AMR...

7 - McCarthy. He's no Fellaini, but he may well become the bread and butter of Everton for the next 10 years.

McCarthy - class act, will only get better. Well suited to what RM is trying to achieve. He is the player Man United should have gone for.

Barry - an example as to why you should never judge players until you really watch them. Unappreciated due to his tendancy to do the dirty work and keep it simple. In getting rid of Neville and gaining Barry its a massive change.

Barkley - ok he's not a signing but he may as well be. Under Moyes it was like having a ferrari in the garage and choosing to take family saloon out in case the ferrari broke down. Has made a difference to us like Ozil has made to Arsenal (not comparing them...yet)

Kone - lets not be too hasty here. I seen him for myself as a pain in the backside for Wigan against us. He's not a 20 goal a season man but I think he is going to offer us something different up front when we need it. I see him as an upgrade on Vic, and certainly better than Jelavic. £6m isn't a massive amount of money for a striker these days, so lets not tag £15m expectations on £6m outlays.

Lukaku - beast of a player who will be an awesome player when he can get more consistency to his game. Has the lot. Not going to be a player who will do it every game but he will get us an extra 10 points this season at least.

Alcaraz - injured. Came with a dodgy injury record but if we get him fit I believe he is a player who will press Jags and Distin. Free transfer, low wages, low risk....

Gerard D - yeah, like his ability, don't like his attitude as much. He needs to realise the importance of working for the team and when he should do his tricks and skills. Can be as big a player as ronaldo - he needs to get his head on things though. Potential game changer. Should look at Januzai as an example of somehow who is letting their football do the talking and learning.

1 - Alcaraz - hasn't played yet and he's getting wages.

2 - Robles. He conceded a goal that I really feel should have been saved in the League Cup, but he's still young, and I think he will turn out to be a great acquisition after Howard leaves.

3 - Kone - think he will come good after the first goal, and even though he's missed some easy chances, he's putting himself in the right places.

4 - Deulofeu - Ball hog, but I think once he matures he'll add that much-needed creative spark.

5 - Barry - An upgrade on our current midfielders and brings a wealth of experience. Hope he stays on after the season.

6 Lukaku - Needs to work on his fitness, but he's going to be a good player for any team he is on -- I'm just glad he's at Everton for now.

7 McCarthy - Young and very, very promising. Really happy that we got him. He and Barkley will be a good midfield combo in the future.

Alcaraz - He is proving to be the undisputed champion at Goodison hide and seek

Robles - Only brought in as backup anyway and he has to be an upgrade on Mucha

Kone - Wasn't at all impressed with this signing at the time and Ive seen nothing to change my mind yet, but to be fair hasn't really had a chance as yet so probably a bit early to write him off

Deulofeu - Still excited at the prospect of what this lad could bring to the side, would be nice to see him on the pitch at the same time as Mirallas instead of replacing him

Barry- Looks like a gem of a signing, brings real stability to the side . Hope he can keep this level of performance up all season

McCarthy - Looks like Peter Reid with legs and ginger hair

Lukaku - Blows hot and cold at the moment but when he is on his game is superb and is comfortably better than anything we had at the club

Alcaraz - He is proving to be the undisputed champion at Goodison hide and seek

Robles - Only brought in as backup anyway and he has to be an upgrade on Mucha

Kone - Wasn't at all impressed with this signing at the time and Ive seen nothing to change my mind yet, but to be fair hasn't really had a chance as yet so probably a bit early to write him off

Deulofeu - Still excited at the prospect of what this lad could bring to the side, would be nice to see him on the pitch at the same time as Mirallas instead of replacing him

Barry- Looks like a gem of a signing, brings real stability to the side . Hope he can keep this level of performance up all season

McCarthy - Looks like Peter Reid with legs and ginger hair

Lukaku - Blows hot and cold at the moment but when he is on his game is superb and is comfortably better than anything we had at the club

Peter Reid with legs and ginger hair... like it.

Too early to tell IMO really. Its no surprise that the guys that look the best are the ones who have played the most games.

One thing I am confident of is that McCarthy will be one of the best signings Martinez will ever make at the club, let alone just from the summer.

Be interested to see the quotes who didn't want him or thought we had paid too much. The lad is going to be a legend. Every time I watched him he looked class in a poor team. Alongside Barry Roberto must be made up the he has got the pair of them