IGNORED

Villa

Finn balor

They had a soft penalty, and we've been the better side.

That's a bit harsh don't you think. There were long stretches of time (beginning of the 1st and 2nd half where villa) were playing better and dominant. Not saying we don't deserve this win but just saying another day, villa could've had a couple of goals at this point as well.

That's a bit harsh don't you think. There were long stretches of time (beginning of the 1st and 2nd half where villa) were playing better and dominant. Not saying we don't deserve this win but just saying another day, villa could've had a couple of goals at this point as well.

The first half was a good contest, but Villa certainly didn't do enough for a home side to win the game.

I don't think they were "dominant" in the first half, they just cut through us with incredible ease on the counter attack a couple of times. But even then we matched them in chances. They were "dominant" in the beginning of the second half, but I don't think they created any chances then (or in the remainder of the second half).

I don't think they were "dominant" in the first half, they just cut through us with incredible ease on the counter attack a couple of times. But even then we matched them in chances. They were "dominant" in the beginning of the second half, but I don't think they created any chances then (or in the remainder of the second half).

Fair enough, maybe I was being a bit pessimistic about it because outside of that agbonlahor chance (which came after we were up 1-0) they didn't create much. Just having possession isn't enough to win a game, need to create shots. It was nice to see us weather the storm and teach em how to capitalize on some chances.

Feel sorry for Villa there, I think they'll clear relegation by a long way this year if they keep playing like that.

Happy days for us though! Timmy saving our bacon early on, Osman making me feel guilty for writing him off, Lukaku finds the net and once again we manage a win without actually playing that great. Can't wait till we actually turn it on and wipe the floor with someone.

I think Barkley needs a bit of a breather to find his feet on the ground again, he must have been reading the papers as he seems to be trying way too hard to make things happen himself. Osman stood out so much when he came on because he did the simple things right, something Barkey seems to struggle with. When he needs to lay it off, he has a shot. When he needs to hit it first time, he takes another touch. Just little things he'll no doubt pick up and improve on but right now he looks quite flustered and I think some of the other guys are getting frustrated (Mirallas looked furious when he took on that shot instead of playing the obvious lay off).

All in all though happy with today. Keeping pace with Arsenal, sitting in third spot and only two behind the shite.

Edited by Pearso

Osman did really well today, but he hasn't exactly been in sparkling form before today either, so I'm not totally convinced about who to start against Spurs. I think Naismith should be in consideration too. I'd maybe consider pulling Barkley a line back, but Barry and McCarthy have been doing fine. I think he'd be finding it a bit easier to make the right choices with more space ahead of him though. I'd like to see a McCarthy-Barkley partnership sometime this season though in case we don't manage to sign Barry permanently.

Barry is a done deal. Been in work today so just reading up on the peformance. It's so good to see a squad for a change and competition we have . Martinez is so impressive with his subs