IGNORED

Villa

Finn balor

With spurs at home and then the shite sandwiched between palace away, three points would really give us confidence to tackle spurs but saying that I dont think their team is better than ours anyway. Back to villa, who I think are a team that arent that bad but their heads go down when they go behind. Probably due to a lot of young players and foreign players who aren't used to the prem.

Peanuts in for Osman. 1-2 lukaku and baines

Nothing but 3 points will do here. We need to get a strong foothold on the top 4 in these early periods before the big sides pull away. I never really had confidence of getting the three points against teams like Villa with Moyes but with Roberto it seems like the team expects to win.

I wonder if it's worth giving Heitinga or Duffy a chance this week seeing how bad Jags and Distin were last week. Benteke will be a handful if he's fully fit, so a confidence shot Jagielka might not be the best way of defending him. Will be interesting to see who takes the field regardless.

In an attacking sense I think this is the game Roberto should be giving Gerard a start, where he can afford to be a little bit lazy and not worry too much about getting punished for it, though Pienaar deserves his spot given the lift he gave the team against Hull and Mirallas didn't have a bad game either.

Also, can't believe this game is on at the same time as Australia vs England in the Rugby League world cup opener. Absolutely spewing, because this game will be on a digital channel here on fox I can't record it, so I'm going to have to watch the League after this one, delayed. If you had told me I'd be watching live football over live rugby league two years ago I would have laughed at you, let alone the World Cup opener. Look at what Everton has done to me... :crying:

Nothing but 3 points will do here. We need to get a strong foothold on the top 4 in these early periods before the big sides pull away. I never really had confidence of getting the three points against teams like Villa with Moyes but with Roberto it seems like the team expects to win.

I wonder if it's worth giving Heitinga or Duffy a chance this week seeing how bad Jags and Distin were last week. Benteke will be a handful if he's fully fit, so a confidence shot Jagielka might not be the best way of defending him. Will be interesting to see who takes the field regardless.

In an attacking sense I think this is the game Roberto should be giving Gerard a start, where he can afford to be a little bit lazy and not worry too much about getting punished for it, though Pienaar deserves his spot given the lift he gave the team against Hull and Mirallas didn't have a bad game either.

Also, can't believe this game is on at the same time as Australia vs England in the Rugby League world cup opener. Absolutely spewing, because this game will be on a digital channel here on fox I can't record it, so I'm going to have to watch the League after this one, delayed. If you had told me I'd be watching live football over live rugby league two years ago I would have laughed at you, let alone the World Cup opener. Look at what Everton has done to me... :crying:

do you remember what happened last time?

edit: and who cares about rugby! wrong shaped ball :shaking fist: Im sure you'll be able to watch one on an ipad/laptop and one on the TV, no?

Edited by Matt

A little worried about this game. I don't think Villa is as bad as everyone is making them out to be. They have some decent players, and I could see them snatching a draw... or worse.

I agree. Don't forget that they handily beat Arsenal on the opening day of the season. They're young, so they're going to make mistakes, but they're also going to take risks. They'll finish in the top half of the league this year. It will not be an easy game.

Australia will beat England in an ugly game. Now you know the outcome of the rugby game, you're free to watch Everton.

If we defend half as badly as we did against Hull then Benteke will have a field day. We looked especially vulnerable from set pieces so I hope Martinez has had them working on that this week

And Benteke won about 3 or 4 headers in the six yard box in his half hour against Tottenham, definitely something they'll have to spend extra time on in training.

And Benteke won about 3 or 4 headers in the six yard box in his half hour against Tottenham, definitely something they'll have to spend extra time on in training.

I think it will be vital too to keep a high line so Benteke doesn't win that many headers deep in our territory for Agbonlahor and Weimann and the likes to run onto. Distin and Jagielka should cope with their pace upfront better than Heitinga did last season too.

do you remember what happened last time?

edit: and who cares about rugby! wrong shaped ball :shaking fist: Im sure you'll be able to watch one on an ipad/laptop and one on the TV, no?

Honestly, I can't remember which strikers had or hadn't ripped Heitinga a new one last year. Not because I think he did well, but because there was too many to remember.

And nah, have to watch them by themselves. There's nothing I hate more than 'watching' a game and getting to the end of it and not knowing anything besides the score.

i think we can get 3 points here. benteke is a beast, but their midfield and defense are average. i hope we attack them and keep them on their heels. we need to win these games to keep pace with the top clubs.

i really hope pienaar can start, i'd love to see

howard

coleman jags distin baines

mccarthy barry

mirallas barkley pienaar

lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist

They were absolute shite against spurs last week. I honestly don't understand how Lambert is still manager. Yes, Lambert kept them up last season but he put himself in that position with some of his signings and they havnt changed gear this season either. Play some really bad football also... If we play our game and consintrate on us, can only see one result here.

I'm hoping for a bit of the old 'Baines/Pienaar' magic, with Pienaar slipping the ball through for Lukaku or laying off to Barkley on the edge of the box.

Jags and Distin need to be up for it, if opponents were watching the Hull game, then the high ball in will be a tactic.

Thing is with Baines, Pienaar, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku, Coleman etc going at them, just when do Villa expect to actually attack us!

Plenty of goals, Pienaar and Lukaku to destroy the Villa.