IGNORED

Spurs

Finn balor

United aren't Everton Tonk. The season also has another 28 games to go, so not sure you should write Moyes off too quickly.

When we played last season, and a few before that, we played some outstanding football, but our strikers weren't finding the net. We drew 15 games and went on to miss top 4 by 10 points. I believe a better striker would have gotten us there.

Kinda shot yourself in the foot there Avin. A better striker would have got us to the top 4, Moyes failed time and time again to do that (Johnson, Beattie, Yakubu) yet Martinez finds Lukaku within his first few months of managing us.

United aren't Everton Tonk. The season also has another 28 games to go, so not sure you should write Moyes off too quickly.

When we played last season, and a few before that, we played some outstanding football, but our strikers weren't finding the net. We drew 15 games and went on to miss top 4 by 10 points. I believe a better striker would have gotten us there.

United aren't Everton? Oh okay, Thanks for reminding me.

Point is: both are managers new to a club yet the one who inherited the better squad is doing worse.

Kinda shot yourself in the foot there Avin. A better striker would have got us to the top 4, Moyes failed time and time again to do that (Johnson, Beattie, Yakubu) yet Martinez finds Lukaku within his first few months of managing us.

Firstly, let's stop bucking Lukaku up.

He has scored 5 goals. He hasn't had a full season yet. Let's see how he does with the remaining games.

Jelly started well too remember.

Let me try and help

Point A .   Everton have been consistent European challengers without a proven goal scorer  

Point B.    A 20 goal a season forward is worth at least 10 points

Add the extra 10 points to point A and you get a top 4 side

Thanks for the "help."

A. Moyes is in control of a team that consistently competes for European trophies that also has a 20 goal-a-season striker(RVP, and we all know Rooney can score 20)

B. ManU is playing worse than we are this season.

United aren't Everton? Oh okay, Thanks for reminding me.

Point is: both are managers new to a club yet the one who inherited the better squad is doing worse.

Tonk, your United point is irrelevant. The debate is would Moyes have done it with Everton if he had Lukaku. Whatever he does at United has no bearing to the debate.

I love the way everyone was not expecting anything this season due to transitions.... Ten games later we are giving down the banks to a team that is be point off second place.....get a grip lads!.... People say we are lucky. Please tell me again what happened in this fixture last year...... I think some people would be happy with us playing like barca and bottom of the league.... We ride our luck like the red shite have for years... About time too.

And one of those is a 30 goal striker, yet they're playing worse football and earned less points.

Do you think United without Van Persie and Rooney would be better than Everton with them?

In other words, their attacking prowess was the main difference between our teams. The rest of our first eleven versus the rest of their first eleven would make an interesting discussion about who was best.

Everton 'with' those 2 strikers would have won the league in my opinion last year.

Do you think United without Van Persie and Rooney would be better than Everton with them?

In other words, their attacking prowess was the main difference between our teams. The rest of our first eleven versus the rest of their first eleven would make an interesting discussion about who was best.

Everton 'with' those 2 strikers would have won the league in my opinion last year.

I think the managers were the biggest difference. Everton with SAF in charge would have had a better chance imo.

Played as good as the rest of them and did well with what little service he had. Either way so far he's been the best striker of any in the Moyes era.

He's not playing in the Moyes Era Zoo. :doh:

When at the end of the season he has scored more than Yakubu did then you might have a point. Until then, it's speculation.

we shouldn't be to disheartened beacause the shite were shite start of last season but it pains me to say it but there playing some good football but I think we will still beat them 2-0 all we need is a couple of players upfront and a decent tricky winger and a ozil type of player

I think the managers were the biggest difference. Everton with SAF in charge would have had a better chance imo.

Ferguson has been a hugely successful manager, but for all his success, he has only managed one Prem team, who just so happened to be the richest Prem club for most of that time, so we won't know if he would have done anything at another club, especially a poor one like Everton. My guess is that Moyes will have success at United given time. He needs to know his players and how to use them. Saf had 26 years of adding to what he already knew, so it's fair to say Moyes will struggle at first, or anybody else.

Let's see how Moyes and indeed Bobby are doing once the 25 players are of their choosing, as at the moment, Martinez is using Moyes' players, and Moyes is using Fergies.

Tonk, your United point is irrelevant. The debate is would Moyes have done it with Everton if he had Lukaku. Whatever he does at United has no bearing to the debate.

No. Moyes destroyed a striker's ability to score somehow.

What he does at United does have a bit of a bearing. He has the 20 goals/year striker, and according to your theory, they should be leading the league (since he would have done it with a team not considered as skilled or deep in depth -- Everton).

It's only irrelevant to you because it pokes a hole in your argument.

No. Moyes destroyed a striker's ability to score somehow.

What he does at United does have a bit of a bearing. He has the 20 goals/year striker, and according to your theory, they should be leading the league (since he would have done it with a team not considered as skilled or deep in depth -- Everton).

It's only irrelevant to you because it pokes a hole in your argument.

I give up.

Are you guys really arguing about our performances this season? About the manager? Style of play? Players used? Have a word. There aint one team in the league that hasnt had a bad game or two.

Today, first half we were shit. Utter shit. No need to compare to this, that, him, her....we were just shit. Because it happens.

But, while we are pointing the finger and talkin about bein shit...lets take a look at the Goodison 'faithful' today. Who were also shit. Ive travelled down to that game today, and yet again am dissapointed at the total lack of atmosphere. Spurs fans were loud n happy all game...it took to around the 50th minute for the first full on Everton chant to take off, and it was short lived.

Whats goin on? I think thats 3 games in a row like that for me. Im starting to get a complex, have I upset 30000 blue noses?!

Its terrible. All we did was grumble. Boo. Hiss.

Abslute bollocks it was...shameful.

You wrote:

I think it's time to log off.

Played as good as the rest of them and did well with what little service he had. Either way so far he's been the best striker of any in the Moyes era.

He's better than any striker in the Moyes era.

In other words; he's better than Johnson, Yakubu, Beattie etc...

It's not my fault that you have the IQ of a swiss roll Avin. Go and attempt to bully someone on your own forum you tit.

Edited by Zoo

He's better than any striker in the Moyes era.

In other words; he's better than Johnson, Yakubu, Beattie etc...

It's not my fault that you have the IQ of a swiss roll Avin. Go and attempt to bully someone on your own forum you tit.

Avinalaff truly does make me laugh....

Absolute Joker.

Posted simply for posterity. It's not often you find the 2 worst contributors to this forum post one after the other.

Don't try and beat people into line. This is a forum for debate.

And Zoo, you are a nobody with a big mouth. Don't tell people who have been posting here for years to leave.

Been here just as long as you and the sooner you leave the better. Every single post you make is in order to get a reaction out of someone as you're the biggest attention seeker (and bully) I've ever met. It's absolutely pathetic.

Going to move on anyway, cretins like you are not worth the time of day - it's bad for the forum to give someone with such little respect such attention. Stick me on ignore if my posts get too much for you like you did the last time, not nice being stood up to is it? ;) .

Everton v Spurs posts from now on...

Been here just as long as you and the sooner you leave the better. Every single post you make is in order to get a reaction out of someone as you're the biggest attention seeker (and bully) I've ever met. It's absolutely pathetic.

Going to move on anyway, cretins like you are not worth the time of day - it's bad for the forum to give someone with such little respect such attention. Stick me on ignore if my posts get too much for you like you did the last time, not nice being stood up to is it? ;) .

Everton v Spurs posts from now on...

You'll no doubt grow up in your own time like everybody else, but to me, you'll always be little squeaky Zoo, the annoying wannabe mod from Wrexham who couldn't handle not being important to me. I'll gladly stick you on ignore with pleasure.

Some people just like to hate on Moyes.

I think Moyes was a fantastic manager and he did amazing things for the club, bringing us to where we are and I wish him the best.

Martinez is here now and though he isn't technically doing better, he is trying to play more attractive football which good pressure can make such play difficult.

We need time to be able to counter this pressure and when that happens, we will begin to see the results start flying in against better opposition.

I believe Martinez has a better squad anyways so he doesn't have much of an excuse to finish with less points or a lower position than last year.

This is a game we should have won and him putting in Osman to start was a mistake. Barkley playing badly is still better than Osman playing badly.

Still neck to neck with the top of the table so onwards and upwards!

You'll no doubt grow up in your own time like everybody else, but to me, you'll always be little squeaky Zoo, the annoying wannabe mod from Wrexham who couldn't handle not being important to me. I'll gladly stick you on ignore with pleasure.

:lol: . Avin, forever in my shadows.