IGNORED

Moyes out - SAF appointed interim manager

I actually feel sorry for Moyes (nothing like taking the moral high ground eh?).

Who can blame him for taking on the job, whether or not you think you have the measure for it (i'm not sure that he is), but I think that a lot of the issues come from his players. He wasn't left a great squad, but I bet there were a fair few underwhelmed players when he arrived (I reckon players like Nani would have put a bit more effort in to impress if it was, say, Mourinho or Klopp), so nothing less than a flying start was required. When that didn't happen and he looks around the dressing room, especially after the last week, how many do you think are listening to him, or the group of relatively inexperienced strangers that he brought in with him as coaching staff. He's now in a very difficult situation: he has to come out and say halfheartedly that they can still win the league, even though he surely doesn't believe it and his players don't either - on the other hand he can't come out and say that the league's gone.

Man Utd supporters should shut the fuck up, face the fact that Moyes is replacing probably the greatest club manager of all time and give him a proper chance and get behind him - in any case, I really can't see the Glazers sacking him for at least 2 seasons, unless things go really tits up. They should also remember that Pellegrini and Mourinho are also having tough starts and that the league seems to be a much tougher place this season. At least he's got Rooney playing well!

Moyes was always going to need time, and they should give it to him. Ferguson should keep his purple fucking nose out of Old Trafford.

great point, i was going to say mourinho is having a tough go at it as well. he keeps losing to lower sides whereas man u is dropping points against the big clubs/middle table clubs. mourinho to me should be sacked before moyes. moyes has a WAY worse team and bundled his first transfer market. Mourinho on the other hand has a great team and said his only target was Rooney, botched that and got Old Eto'o and loaned out Romelu and then claimed he was done and didn't need to do anything (pride before the fall).

Well see with the January transfer market which sides get straightened out. Although I think the luster of playing for Man U is kinda gone now that Sir Alex is outta there (not all the way gone, but a little).

Edited by markjazzbassist

I think Moyes has basically lost everything by gambling everything to soon.

What I am trying to say is that in order of trying to be his own man too soon he has ended up going back to the man he tried to completely replace rather than merge attributes with. He has come out saying he is speaking to and getting advice from Fergie.... If he did that in the first place he wouldn't have got rid of a top quality backroom staff, signed fellaini, and basically made ahas of things.

Do I feel sorry for him??? No way!!! We have a chance of top 4 because of that clown!

I think Moyes has basically lost everything by gambling everything to soon.

What I am trying to say is that in order of trying to be his own man too soon he has ended up going back to the man he tried to completely replace rather than merge attributes with. He has come out saying he is speaking to and getting advice from Fergie.... If he did that in the first place he wouldn't have got rid of a top quality backroom staff, signed fellaini, and basically made ahas of things.

Do I feel sorry for him??? No way!!! We have a chance of top 4 because of that clown!

I totally agree with this. If you strip out all the pillars that are holding up the roof at the same time, don’t be surprised when the roof comes down on your head. I think that he’ll turn it round, but it’s now going to take longer and be more painful for him, the team and supporters. Boo hoo hoo.

I actually feel sorry for Moyes (nothing like taking the moral high ground eh?).

Who can blame him for taking on the job, whether or not you think you have the measure for it (i'm not sure that he is), but I think that a lot of the issues come from his players. He wasn't left a great squad, but I bet there were a fair few underwhelmed players when he arrived (I reckon players like Nani would have put a bit more effort in to impress if it was, say, Mourinho or Klopp), so nothing less than a flying start was required. When that didn't happen and he looks around the dressing room, especially after the last week, how many do you think are listening to him, or the group of relatively inexperienced strangers that he brought in with him as coaching staff. He's now in a very difficult situation: he has to come out and say halfheartedly that they can still win the league, even though he surely doesn't believe it and his players don't either - on the other hand he can't come out and say that the league's gone.

Man Utd supporters should shut the fuck up, face the fact that Moyes is replacing probably the greatest club manager of all time and give him a proper chance and get behind him - in any case, I really can't see the Glazers sacking him for at least 2 seasons, unless things go really tits up. They should also remember that Pellegrini and Mourinho are also having tough starts and that the league seems to be a much tougher place this season. At least he's got Rooney playing well!

Moyes was always going to need time, and they should give it to him. Ferguson should keep his purple fucking nose out of Old Trafford.

Good post!

We all know that Moyes isnt a bad manager and if he can keep us up and around the Europa League places then he can do the same with Utd and the CL places.

I dont know what inspired Moyes to sack all of Fergies staff considering he or any of the people he brought in have experience of management at that level. Even worse was that he completely failed to address any of the issues 1st team squad that have been there for some time. Its like he has sacked all of Fergies coaches but then tried to play in a similar fashion even with the same players in wrong positions.

When you rely on winning games from crosses, why play Welbeck on the wing for example? Why bring in Felli to the club and then play Jones in the midfield? Evra might not be the player he was but he is a damn site better than anyone they have to play RB but then he goes and tries to sign a LB!?

The Utd team would actually work quite well if they set up like we did under Moyes.

-----------------De Gea

Valencia - Smalling - Vidic - Evra

--------------Carrick - Felli

Janusaj---------------------------Kagawa

--------------Rooney

------------------------RVP

I know Kagawa isnt a winger but neither is Pienaar really. Kagawa has that ability to drift inside and find space just like Pienaar does so as long as he chips in defensively and hold his shape and Rooney also comes deeper to support the midfield when they are under the cosh, they still have a pretty impressive starting 11.

If RVP is injured, like he was then Hernandez can step in to that role as well. Giggs can fit in there as well quite easily in a variety of roles.

I think he needs to get his head out of Fergies arse and start thinking properly for himself. I dont think he knows what he wants to do and because of that the players arent sure either.

Anyone watch Keane versus Viera last night??? Really good viewing.

Keane is such an interesting bloke, not everyones cup of tea but I would have loved to have seen him in our dressing room over the last 10 years. Moyes wouldn't have stood a chance - those games such as the 3-0 defeat to Liverpool would have seen Keane challenge Moysies authority big style.

Keane has such bitterness towards SAF its untrue... and to be fair I understand why. Fergie used his explosive straight talking ways to get the best out the team - and when keane was at his prime fergie was fine for him to do that... roll on when he is 34, Keane made some valid criticisms of the team but Fergie used that as an opportunity to get rid.

It's like he had a loyal guard dog who spent years protecting his house, bit the postman when he was 7 years old but he let him off for that - as he was a good guard dog, but when he bit the milkman at 12 he had him put down. He was past his peak, time for a new guard dog.

As for the Rock of gibralter... Fergie wasa disgrace.