IGNORED

Southampton

Guest rusty747

Think Osman has too much of a tendency to move the ball quickly at angles to his body position when he receives the ball in our own half. Which is good when the player he's passing to has a run on their defender, but it's not keeping the ball the same way Barry and McCarthy do. We've been in need of him turning and holding the ball in the centre and letting the players around him regain shape more than a couple of times.

Naismith has been pretty okay actually, released Lukaku and Coleman a couple of times. Again, unlike Pienaar/Mirallas/Barkley, he's not really capable of running with the ball and holding it. Similar with Oviedo. Though both of their work-rates, positioning and movement has been quite good.

Coleman's been class <3.

Barkley's been great.

Baines is rusty.

Distin has been having a Distin at times.

Alcaraz has been sharp, looking good.

Joel needs to work on his distribution.

Lukaku looks good when we have the ball, suffering from lack of opportunities due to our poor possession.

We're not expecting, were just saying our opinion if the first half.

Are you guys really happy with being out possessed less chances and just one moment brilliance?

I have to be honest I would be asking for more if I was manager.

We had exactly 50% possession and 2 shots on target, they had 3 shots but just one on target. And we got into plenty of good positions.

Edited by Steve_E

We're not expecting, were just saying our opinion if the first half.

Are you guys really happy with being out possessed less chances and just one moment brilliance?

I have to be honest I would be asking for more if I was manager.

No of course, but you have to realise that this is a really tough match against a strong side with our heavily weakened side. We have done well in the circumstances and we havent really let them do much. We have been poor in the start of the 2nd half but hopefully we can pick it up.

We had exactly 50% possession and 2 shots on target, they had 3 shots but just one on target. And we got into plenty of good positions.

My feed showed 47% possesion.

Two shots from us and four from them.

They also had a good amount of that possession in our third.

By the way, were at home!

Not saying either of us are right, I'm just expecting a little more from us. I actually think we're better than this.