IGNORED

Southampton

Guest rusty747

Guest rusty747

No Tim Howard or Gareth Barry and coming off the back of a home defeat to Sunderland, playing a Southampton side that have just had a good 0-3 win at Cardiff. I still think we should have too much for them but we really do need the 3 points.

We need all 3 points. I think the lads will be angry they let one go at home and will come out with a vengeance (I can hope can't i). I'm worried with Barry gone though, osman looks better in an attacking position, rather than a centre mid. I am hoping for a bounce back win in a big way.

Joel

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Oviedo

Mirallas. Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

We need all 3 points. I think the lads will be angry they let one go at home and will come out with a vengeance (I can hope can't i). I'm worried with Barry gone though, osman looks better in an attacking position, rather than a centre mid. I am hoping for a bounce back win in a big way.

Joel

McCarthy Oviedo

Mirallas. Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Interesting placement for Oviedo.

I like the lineup but I'd switch Barkley to the CM slot and move Mirallas center. Oviedo on the right maybe? I just think Oviedo should be starting since he's been in form.

Interesting placement for Oviedo.

I like the lineup but I'd switch Barkley to the CM slot and move Mirallas center. Oviedo on the right maybe? I just think Oviedo should be starting since he's been in form.

yeah he's been playing so well i wanted him in there and osman doesn't deserve a start. i don't know if bryan can play on the right, hence the CM (left spot like barry). can pienaar play on the right?

after the match i realized just how much we need reinforcements in january. a centre mid, and another winger in the least.

We're ready to fly in,

From Manchester airport straight to Liverpool Lime street.

2 nights and an Everton win.

Saw the highlights of the Sunderland game ,shit happens...isn't it ?

Why did Tim Howard choose the short way ?

Payback-time on sunday, not an easy game, i think.

We hope for a Romelu Lukaku hattrick , he saved his goals for us....hehe

Top of the Liverpool table near 6 pm.

Last year , i was in the Royal Oak before kick-off

What is the best home pub before and after the game?

Belgian Greetings.

Edited by jurgen1968

Joel

Stones Jags Distin

Coleman Baines

McCarthy Barkley

Mirallas/Pienaar Oviedo

Lukaku.

I like this but we probably should not mess about with formations in this very important match. 1 loss is bad luck, 2 in a row is a run of bad luck.

Id simply play Barkley in Barrys position and Osman in Barkleys. Keep the starting 11 as intact as possible. Osman will certanly want to redeem himself. Give him the chance to do that.

We need to get Lukaku firing - somehow Martinez must give him more space -maybe playing him wider - he is not a poacher -

we must work harder on set pieces and corners - we have a poor conversion rate -

we need a CM running into the box and creating chances -

Oviedo shows great promise on the left and can be moved forward - he has a super strike from distance -

we need to get our penalties and stop conceding them - with last season we have conceded 8 and got only 2 -

in the same period Man United has received 8 and conceded 0 -

Lee Probert was poor and gave us nothing - i don't expect more from Clattenberg

I like this but we probably should not mess about with formations in this very important match. 1 loss is bad luck, 2 in a row is a run of bad luck.

Id simply play Barkley in Barrys position and Osman in Barkleys. Keep the starting 11 as intact as possible. Osman will certanly want to redeem himself. Give him the chance to do that.

This!

We dont need to do too much. Barkley should start deeper because I dont trust Ossie against a high pressing team and then keep the front 3 as they were. If we do go a goal up and we are closing in, Oviedo for Pienaar wouldnt be a bad move because we could do with that extra pace on the counter.

Who will be on the bench to back up Robles?

Springthorpe, if not Taudul. Jags is an option as well.

Expecting

____________Robles

Mirallas Osman McCarthy Pienaar

___________Barkley

___________Lukaku

Would like to see

______________Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Distin Oviedo

_________McCarthy Barkley

_____Naismith Lukaku Mirallas

Edited by pete0

Everton (to face So'ton): Robles, Baines, Alcaraz, Distin, Coleman, McCarthy, Barkley, Oviedo, Osman ©, Naismith, Lukaku. #EFCSFC

jags apparently out for 4 weeks with hamstring injury

That was the last thing we needed. I dont rate Alcaraz at all. Interesting choice to start Osman again, especially in front of Pienaar and Mirallas. I thinkk RM has started Naismith to help out defensivly a little bit as we are missing Barry and will still be trying to get the fullbacks forward, and Naismith does work hard. I think it was the right decision the start Oviedo, however I hope he dosnt establish himself as a left winger now because I dont think his defensive work was too bad at all the past few games.

We can win this, however its not going to be like the games we'v watched previously.

Is Alcaraz rightor left footed?

Would be harsh to leave Oviedo out, he's been in top form since his introduction. If Martinez thinks Barkley is capable, then he should start in the defensive mid role. Osman should start forward, he will be looking to put the last game behind him and he's more than capable.

I don't think we'll miss Tim too much, Robles looks to have safe hands, I'm more concerned about the sharp end. We were just starting to depend a little bit on Gerry, with him out and Rom not on top form we need more up top. Wouldn't be a bad time for the Beast to re-emerge, he's certainly been chained too easily of late.

Not an easy game, but one, even with the suspensions and injuries, that we can win. Going to take a performance. I think whoever shows they want them more will take home the points today.

3-2 Blues

COYB