IGNORED

Southampton

Guest rusty747

i've got 5 pounds on distin winning that fight, he's a foot taller and quite a bit more fit than lallana.

great first half, glad to see us up early. i'll take back my oviedo at left mid campaign, y'all were right, he's a left back and not a winger. naismith is active and getting some decent passes in. i'm really impressed with alcaraz, great passing out the back and movement, good defending as well.

Well. Thank fuck for Coleman. We've been nowhere so far. Feels like no possession, lack of control, misplaced passes and poor touches all over the pitch. Ossie is doing okay, but he just doesn't have the assurance and passing range that Barry brings. Combination of Oviedo and Naismith is too much energy and not enough finesse. Should have been one of them from the start, not both. Stevie P should come on soonish to give us some calm and time on the ball.

At the back the new lad looks suited, been more worried about Distin so far. Alcaraz certainly doesn't lack confidence, if he can match his ability to step around a man with a better pass we'll have something potent on our hands.

Very good half considering. We havent created an awful lot but we were never going to against Soton who are very solid defensively. As usual we have worked our way into some decent positions, usually when we have forced them into a mistake but not made the most of it.

Alcaraz has come in and been excellent which doesnt surprise me tbh and Baines looks as if he is just starting to warm to the task.

Oviedo is putting in a shift but he is very one dimensional and doesnt offer the passing options of our main wingers.

Osman is playing nicely which is good to see and hopefully he can keep this up.

Robles has done what he has had to do but needs to brush up his kicking!