IGNORED

Lukaku & Naismith

MC11

I really don't know where all the love for Naismith is coming from, yeah he works hard an scored a few goals, 2 of them against Stevenage, but i'd be gutted if he was a regular starter for us after the next transfer window. He's decent off the bench because the other players are shattered, but he really is an average player. He was average again on Saturday.

If we can progress the way Martinez wants us to, i'll be gutted if he's still playing for us in a couple of seasons.

A top class finisher who has scored 2 goals in 21 appearances in the Premier League, while looking average or below in 80% of them games.

I really don't get why he is getting so much praise and Lukaku has been gettin slated recently. He is the equivalent of the slow kid you have in your primary school class who eventually learns his 3 times table at the age of 10 and everyone makes a massive fuss over him, its ridiculous.

I don't know exactly how many times he's played upfront.

He's got 2 goals in the League, 3 in the FA Cup, 1 in the League Cup.

I've said before I think he's a decent squad player for now, but the way some people on here go on about him you'd think he was Messi. He's bang average at best, which is why he's an effective sub.

It's not that we all think he's a superstar all of a sudden, but that we appreciate his contribution, professionalism and effort.

After getting so much stick he has done great to stay on track. Also he is a much better forward than a winger.

Pretty much how I feel about him.

His attitude is good as is his work rate, but, I personally would be gutted if he gets as much playing time next season as what he has this season, because I think he is one of the players we need to 'phase out' if we want to progress.

Would agree that we need another to take that position. I am hoping Barkley matures into that role if i am honest. I think he will, he just needs to stop trying too hard to impress and let his natural ability shine through.

Like he says " you need to perform well in every game"

I do rate him and think he deserves his place at the moment. But if he was dropped for Barkley next week, even though Barkley is looking out of sorts at the moment. I wouldn't lose sleep.

Thats more because of how highly i rate Barkley or rather my burning desire to see him achieve his potential.

But then again if i see Namisy on the team sheet i am not dissapointed as he does a great job every game.

I don't know exactly how many times he's played upfront.

He's got 2 goals in the League, 3 in the FA Cup, 1 in the League Cup.

I've said before I think he's a decent squad player for now, but the way some people on here go on about him you'd think he was Messi. He's bang average at best, which is why he's an effective sub.

His attitude is good as is his work rate, but, I personally would be gutted if he gets as much playing time next season as what he has this season, because I think he is one of the players we need to 'phase out' if we want to progress.

Yeah he seems like a decent lad, in a Scottish newspaper wrote by a Scottish journalist about a Scottish player.

It seems to me that a player who is a better player than Tim Cahill is just not going to get a fair ride with some fans - so much to the point that an article demonstrating his tremendous mentality and work ethic is just dismissed as some sotiish plaper, scottish journo, scottish player.... tut tut.

You actually think that for us to progress he needs to be phased out? No I disagree... the squad needs players like him as reminder of what "work" is all about. How to apply themselves to get the best out of themselves.

I dunno, maybe he needs to punch a few corner flags like Cahill or throw his arms in the air to the crowd like Gravesen.

I have always rated Naismith. Hard worker and does well for the team. Everybody seems to be jumping on the band wagon now because he has had good performances. I guarantee you if he has a couple of bad games a lot of people will be wanting him dropped....

Some players are just never going to get a fair viewing due to blinkered and unappreciative fans.

whats that supposed to mean???

You asked me to read the article saying I would fail to be impressed by the lad, the article did nothing to change my mind about the fact the lad is an average footballer.

If you honestly think he's a better player than Cahill then I really do not know what to say.

You asked me to read the article saying I would fail to be impressed by the lad, the article did nothing to change my mind about the fact the lad is an average footballer.

If you honestly think he's a better player than Cahill then I really do not know what to say.

Yeah your childish comment kinda summarised that up to be honest... the article demonstrates the fire in the belly of a player you want around the team..

Is Steven Naismith a better footballer than Tim Cahill? the fact that you dismiss it the way I knew you would suggest you fit firmly into the "cult" supporter.

As talismanic as he was for Everton, the fact remains Tim Cahill was a very limited player. I'm not criticising him, he was an important player for us and made the most of what he had. There are a great deal of similarities between the two, both good in the air for their height, hardworking, tenacious, brave.

Ultimately if you want to seperate them I would go as far to say that Naismith is the more intelligent player and more accomplished finisher. However the difference in status between the two would suggest that Cahill was some sort of Suarez and Naismith some sort of Kuyt.

I have always rated Naismith. Hard worker and does well for the team. Everybody seems to be jumping on the band wagon now because he has had good performances. I guarantee you if he has a couple of bad games a lot of people will be wanting him dropped....

I've always backed him. So much so that I was blown to oblivion on other forums. Laughed at when I suggested he'd come good through the middle. Seem him numerous times for Rangers and he was their best player.

I've always backed him. So much so that I was blown to oblivion on other forums. Laughed at when I suggested he'd come good through the middle. Seem him numerous times for Rangers and he was their best player.

Oh no.... we are agreeing on something!!!!

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2014/02/and-we-all-love-our-steven-naismith/

A good article that I agree with 100%.

Yeah your childish comment kinda summarised that up to be honest... the article demonstrates the fire in the belly of a player you want around the team..

Is Steven Naismith a better footballer than Tim Cahill? the fact that you dismiss it the way I knew you would suggest you fit firmly into the "cult" supporter.

As talismanic as he was for Everton, the fact remains Tim Cahill was a very limited player. I'm not criticising him, he was an important player for us and made the most of what he had. There are a great deal of similarities between the two, both good in the air for their height, hardworking, tenacious, brave.

Ultimately if you want to seperate them I would go as far to say that Naismith is the more intelligent player and more accomplished finisher. However the difference in status between the two would suggest that Cahill was some sort of Suarez and Naismith some sort of Kuyt.

Ok mate I'll agree with your comment, you are right, Naismith is a class act I just hope we can keep hold of him at the end of the season.

Can we be mates now? I promise I will agree with everything you say in future so you don't feel the need to label me as one of them awful cult supporters who appreciate good players and think average players shouldn't be a part of our starting 11.

Ok mate I'll agree with your comment, you are right, Naismith is a class act I just hope we can keep hold of him at the end of the season.

Can we be mates now? I promise I will agree with everything you say in future so you don't feel the need to label me as one of them awful cult supporters who appreciate good players and think average players shouldn't be a part of our starting 11.

Nice mature and constructive debate... Stick around, i'm sure we can set up a forum section for Junior Evertonians. Its important to cater fr fans of all ages.

Nice mature and constructive debate... Stick around, i'm sure we can set up a forum section for Junior Evertonians. Its important to cater fr fans of all ages.

The constructive debate was never on the cards as soon as I wasn't impressed from the article you posted.

Can you set up a forum section for blinkered unappreciative cult fans, I should fit right in there.

interesting comparison there.

One thing i would say with Cahil is that he did show that he had the heart of a racehorse.

Finishing on the floor: Naismith has shown maturity here.

Finishing in the air: Cahil by a mile

General heading: too close to call.

Tenacity: draw.

Heart: gotta go with Cahil here.

Effect on team and fans: if carling made a midfielder in a struggling team.... Cahil.

Generally i think Cahil had more of an affect on the team.

Strangely enough i do think that Naismith is technically a better player. his finishing is not that of a natural finisher but a clever finisher. he knows the most important thing is you cant score if it's not on target. if its on target you have a chance.

Cahil scored some blood and guys goals though and thats what made him seem iconic. Though lets be fair, if he lined up a shot it could have gone anywhere.

And has anyone noticed that Naismith has replicated his Real Madrid spin a few times this season too..... does lightning strike three times?

interesting comparison there.

One thing i would say with Cahil is that he did show that he had the heart of a racehorse.

Finishing on the floor: Naismith has shown maturity here.

Finishing in the air: Cahil by a mile

General heading: too close to call.

Tenacity: draw.

Heart: gotta go with Cahil here.

Effect on team and fans: if carling made a midfielder in a struggling team.... Cahil.

Generally i think Cahil had more of an affect on the team.

Strangely enough i do think that Naismith is technically a better player. his finishing is not that of a natural finisher but a clever finisher. he knows the most important thing is you cant score if it's not on target. if its on target you have a chance.

Cahil scored some blood and guys goals though and thats what made him seem iconic. Though lets be fair, if he lined up a shot it could have gone anywhere.

And has anyone noticed that Naismith has replicated his Real Madrid spin a few times this season too..... does lightning strike three times?

A pretty fair review there, of the points you make I will give an overall tale of the tape as follows:-

Cahill Naismith Tackling 6/10 7/10 Workrate 10/10 10/10 Intelligence 7/10 8/10 Finishing 7/10 9/10 Pace 6/10 6/10 Heading 10/10 8/10

Just a rough indicator, passing, vision and control would be equal. Cahill held it up better, Naismith has better overall movement - whilst Cahill was a master at losing his man on corners.