IGNORED

Bruma

This is an exciting player to be linked with! Seems like a lot of hype surrounds him though, and it doesn't appear that he's actually produced anything of note. That has me a little worried. But, as a loan from abroad, it couldn't hurt to give him a shot with Roberto's coaching.

I dont think I want this guy to sign for Everton. Heres a video that is the base for my reasoning. (I know its just a video but usually the editor puts together a video of the best bits right? If these are the best bits im not interested!)

1 - dribble and tricks part. Wow, this guy is fast on the ball. But he would frustrate the hell out of me. Its Drenthe all over again. Nice tricks, runs past the defenders but nothing happens. Should have scored 3 goals in this part of the video, didnt score any.

2 - Assist part of video. Nothing special, I could put a video together of Phil Nevilles assists and it would be more entertaining. Some of these are not even assists in my book, more a coincidence that a goal came out of it.

3 - Goal section. Almost 2 minutes long but its 3 repeats of a goal that any footballer accepting a wage for his trade should score and 3 repeats of a penalty. Hardly made me cream my pants.

http://youtu.be/vsIB1rhvNmA

I dont think I want this guy to sign for Everton. Heres a video that is the base for my reasoning. (I know its just a video but usually the editor puts together a video of the best bits right? If these are the best bits im not interested!)

1 - dribble and tricks part. Wow, this guy is fast on the ball. But he would frustrate the hell out of me. Its Drenthe all over again. Nice tricks, runs past the defenders but nothing happens. Should have scored 3 goals in this part of the video, didnt score any.

2 - Assist part of video. Nothing special, I could put a video together of Phil Nevilles assists and it would be more entertaining. Some of these are not even assists in my book, more a coincidence that a goal came out of it.

3 - Goal section. Almost 2 minutes long but its 3 repeats of a goal that any footballer accepting a wage for his trade should score and 3 repeats of a penalty. Hardly made me cream my pants.

http://youtu.be/vsIB1rhvNmA

I think it's more a case of that being a bad compilation. He's 19, has a lot of upside and only made 7 appearances for Galatasaray before being injured for the latter half of the season. He was really impressive for Sporting in that Next Gen competition a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Slightly off topic but does it wind anyone else up that Sunderland can compete in the same market as us?

They constantly spend huge amounts on shite players and put them on ridiculously high wages (for their positions in the table) then finish bottom half or fight relegation year after year? I dont get it. We have to count pennies and hope every transfer we make pays off, they have a revolving door policy, never win anything and narrowly avoid relegation...only to come back and do the same next year without any consequences. :dont know:

On topic, I think we need wingers and admittidley havent seen much of this guy but I like the sound of him and think he could be a good addition. Him and Ayew in Jan would be good (I can dream! :shaking fist: )

Slightly off topic but does it wind anyone else up that Sunderland can compete in the same market as us?

They constantly spend huge amounts on shite players and put them on ridiculously high wages (for their positions in the table) then finish bottom half or fight relegation year after year? I dont get it. We have to count pennies and hope every transfer we make pays off, they have a revolving door policy, never win anything and narrowly avoid relegation...only to come back and do the same next year without any consequences. :dont know:

On topic, I think we need wingers and admittidley havent seen much of this guy but I like the sound of him and think he could be a good addition. Him and Ayew in Jan would be good (I can dream! :shaking fist: )

They get consistently higher gates than us and I would imagine there merchandise revenue etc would be higher than ours as well.

Think they probably out punch us on most things except league position (cash wise I mean)

They also have a big new stadium with lots of corporate facilities which is were all the money is.

They get consistently higher gates than us and I would imagine there merchandise revenue etc would be higher than ours as well.

Think they probably out punch us on most things except league position (cash wise I mean)

They also have a big new stadium with lots of corporate facilities which is were all the money is.

I get that they have higher gates than us (even though it does always look empty) because their stadium is bigger (im not having that "corporate facilities is where the money is btw, though i get that they make more on that than we do)

But how do they out-perform us anywhere else financially? thats what i dont understand. They never do anything league wise, they've never won anything (to my knowledge) they're not a "big club", they've never had any "marquee" signings to raise their profile. It just baffles me.

Do they? Always looks quite empty to me.

They benefit from having a rich owner in Ellis Short.

A rich owner would solve a lot of questions but then they never do anything so that then raises the question why hasnt he got bored yet? Have they essentially got a rich Kenwright?

I get that they have higher gates than us (even though it does always look empty) because their stadium is bigger (im not having that "corporate facilities is where the money is btw, though i get that they make more on that than we do)

But how do they out-perform us anywhere else financially? thats what i dont understand. They never do anything league wise, they've never won anything (to my knowledge) they're not a "big club", they've never had any "marquee" signings to raise their profile. It just baffles me.

A rich owner would solve a lot of questions but then they never do anything so that then raises the question why hasnt he got bored yet? Have they essentially got a rich Kenwright?

If the noises are to be believed he's pretty pissed off that despite his huge investment they don't fill the stadium and do fuck all in the league. So not really boredom, but it does seem like there will come a point when he cuts his losses with them.

I read somewher (I think here) that Swansea make more money in 20 odd thousand Liberty stadium than we do in a fullGoodison .

Corporate boxes and hospitality is BIG money. United have 90 odd we have 7 boxes.

If the noises are to be believed he's pretty pissed off that despite his huge investment they don't fill the stadium and do fuck all in the league. So not really boredom, but it does seem like there will come a point when he cuts his losses with them.

Hallelujah! Does wind me up how a club constantly fighting relegation can potentially outbid us for players.

Padd, regarding the boxes. Im not doubting that they do make money I just doubt that its of any great significance between us and them. I remember a season or two ago their deal with "Invest in Africa" was lauded as a potentially multi million pound deal. Its things like that, that dont add up to me. I think the last time someone posted the whole "who earns more in sponsership than we do" table they were above us by a fair few places as well.