IGNORED

Martinez signs new contract

Louis

Guest millwallforever

At least I have not seen a central midfield as exciting in my lifetime. I was too young when Bracewell and Reid were running the show. We actually got rid of McMahon and Bishop. McMahon-Bishop would have been a cracking central midfield as well. But bygones are bygones.

At least I have not seen a central midfield as exciting in my lifetime. I was too young when Bracewell and Reid were running the show. We actually got rid of McMahon and Bishop. McMahon-Bishop would have been a cracking central midfield as well. But bygones are bygones.

The best I can only remember as far back as Joe Parkinson (brilliant in my eyes, that was before I understood football that well) and slightly more recently, Thomas Graveson and Lee Carsley (the latter I only think we replaced with McCarthy, noone else has come close) being the best individuals. Can't remember a more promising combination since we had Rodwell

Guest millwallforever

Joe Parkinson was a superb footballer; a stroke of genius from Mike Walker. The 4-1 game against Spurs was probably Parkinson's best ever. Carsley was very good, but not quite up there with Parkison, in my view at least. Ebbrell, I would say, was better than Carsley. From Howard Kendall's second spell and onwards we consistently failed to put together a midfield capable of taking us to the next level, although we had some very able midfielders: Parkinson, Dacourt, and Arteta were the most notable among these.

The best I can only remember as far back as Joe Parkinson (brilliant in my eyes, that was before I understood football that well) and slightly more recently, Thomas Graveson and Lee Carsley (the latter I only think we replaced with McCarthy, noone else has come close) being the best individuals. Can't remember a more promising combination since we had Rodwell

I remember when we were linked to an italian box to box midfielder and I asked John Ebbrell about him when he was in the pub - he said "what about me?!" - I felt a bit gutted for him, but he took it well. He was a very underappreciated player for us, put his body on the line.

Quite often see him and he remains one of the nicest unassuming blokes you could meet. His tales of Southall are funny, the Bin Man was the boss - someone lobbed him once.... never happened again, I think he took it very personally.

I remember signing him and being totally underwhelmed. Scored a very very valuable goal for us and helped us be "men" on the pitch.

Likewise; if t'interweb existed back then we'd be in the vault thread Haf. Another signing I hated was Whiteside, but he had a very decent season for us before having to retire.

Likewise; if t'interweb existed back then we'd be in the vault thread Haf. Another signing I hated was Whiteside, but he had a very decent season for us before having to retire.

I read Snodins book, he struck up an unhealthy friendship with Whiteside. In rehabilitation for his injury, Snods and Whiteside were given bikes to get fit. Norm rode to the pub every day and Snods tagged along. Whiteside knew his career was all but over.