IGNORED

Martinez signs new contract

Louis

Guest millwallforever

Don't get too excited. He was shite against Sunderland.

Gibson actually had 95% passing against Sunderland his overall passing in the 3 league games he's been involved in is 94% best in the squad.

Guest millwallforever

Stats based on 14 minutes against Palace, 3 minutes against Villa, and 78 minutes against Sunderland. Proves nothing at all. Jagielka has a pass accuracy rate of 92%; tells us nothing at all about Jagielka's output. Glenn Murray of Sunderland has a pass accuracy rate of 100%. Maybe we should sign him? He should be a whole lot better than Yaya Touré who has a pass accuracy rate of merely 90%.

Looks to be the most consistent passer in the squad though. Forget the lynch pin he's the "Engine room"

Edited by millwallforever

Glenn Murray of Sunderland? Never heard of him. The only Glenn Murray I know is the one at Reading in the Championship and he has a pass completion of 68%. Yeh Toure has been poor hasnt he.

In all honesty I posted the stats to ruffle a few feathers but it's a good start looking at what Gibbo adds.

Guest millwallforever

Glenn Murray of Sunderland? Never heard of him. The only Glenn Murray I know is the one at Reading in the Championship and he has a pass completion of 68%. Yeh Toure has been poor hasnt he.

In all honesty I posted the stats to ruffle a few feathers but it's a good start looking at what Gibbo adds.

It should have been Glenn Murray of Palace. Gibson has 0% key passes, 0% assists. And no, the pass accuracy of Touré does not prove that he has had a bad season. Fabregas has poorer pass accuracy than Touré, yet most people are in no doubt that the latter is having a great season. In other words, these figures prove very little.

It should have been Glenn Murray of Palace. Gibson has 0% key passes, 0% assists. And no, the pass accuracy of Touré does not prove that he has had a bad season. Fabregas has poorer pass accuracy than Touré, yet most people are in no doubt that the latter is having a great season. In other words, these figures prove very little.

Who now plays for Reading

Didn't see the game but according to Sqwarka Gibson had 94% pass completion.

Joe Allen got a mega bucks move to Liverpool based on passing a ball 5-10 yards on numerous occasions. I think Phil Neville had awesome squawka stats for such passes.

I think we need mirallas to return, your love for him is more understandable.

Edited by Hafnia

2-5 yard passes are your lynch pins favourites they mostly go sideways like Neville's.

Stop being a child. Lynch pin was my term for McCarthy, ahh now I see the old MC hating to be wrong... Been quite good McCarthy hasn't he?

Maybe I like players to make ballsy passes like McGeady.... Oops, another of your disliked players.

Stop being a child. Lynch pin was my term for McCarthy, ahh now I see the old MC hating to be wrong... Been quite good McCarthy hasn't he?

Maybe I like players to make ballsy passes like McGeady.... Oops, another of your disliked players.

You know we've played shite if McCarthy sticks out. He does all the dirty work and yes he's good at it. But that doesn't mean I should rate him highly as a footballer. He is what he is. Limited with the ball at his feet.

McGeady, I guarantee won't become a good signing. Consistency isn't there. It never has been so why would it change now? He's talented but the general assessment of him is a waste of a position. He gets carried.

Edited by MC11

Guest millwallforever

2-5 yard passes are your lynch pins favourites they mostly go sideways like Neville's.

How someone can even imply that Gibson is a better player than McCarthy completely blows my mind.

You know we've played shite if McCarthy sticks out. He does all the dirty work and yes he's good at it. But that doesn't mean I should rate him highly as a footballer. He is what he is. Limited with the ball at his feet.

McGeady, I guarantee won't become a good signing. Consistency isn't there. It never has been so why would it change now? He's talented but the general assessment of him is a waste of a position. He gets carried.

Did we play shite when we beat Lille 3-0 and he got a standing ovation? McGeady also getting big plaudits for that game?

I think you need to get a grip. I've got a downer on Rom but I give him credit where it's due. Seriously stop being a tit, it's been highlighted before that you would sooner be correct in your opinion than you would one of your disliked players doing well. It's true, but sad.

How someone can even imply that Gibson is a better player than McCarthy completely blows my mind.

I think he's a better footballer than McCarthy based on both of their attributes. When I say better footballer I mean his attributes with the ball at his feet.... His footballing brain. McCarthy reads the game well his positioning is good,his work rate is second to none but he not best midfielder with ball.

Did we play shite when we beat Lille 3-0 and he got a standing ovation? McGeady also getting big plaudits for that game?

I think you need to get a grip. I've got a downer on Rom but I give him credit where it's due. Seriously stop being a tit, it's been highlighted before that you would sooner be correct in your opinion than you would one of your disliked players doing well. It's true, but sad.

This really did tickle me. You turn every thread into a Lukaku bashing thread. If you look through you last 1000 posts you'll see the word "Rom" "Lukaku" in 99.9 % of them. I'm reserved when talking about McCarthy if it comes up I give my opinion. You however find a way to bash Lukaku in almost any thread. It's boring now... Honestly it really is a broken record.

So stop being a hypocrite "tit"

Edited by MC11

I think he's a better footballer than McCarthy based on both of their attributes. When I say better footballer I mean his attributes with the ball at his feet.... His footballing brain. McCarthy reads the game well his positioning is good,his work rate is second to none but he not best midfielder with ball.

Yeah it's not like the other team get possession of the ball every now and then - all we want is glory players. I mean why have defenders? we don't need players to cover 13km cut out defence splitting passes, break up attacks and get us on the front foot.

Guest millwallforever

Like I said previously, Ian Bishop was an excellent reader of the game with a passing ability of the highest order (world class); still, Bishop had severe limitations as a footballer, much like Gibson, although I will concede that Bishop was a far better player than Gibson. I see no shortcomings in the case of McCarthy; he should be more willing to run with the ball, as he occasionally did against Sunderland. Once that aspect to the Mccarthy's game becomes a second nature to him, he will be one of the finest midfielders in Europe. You are underestimating the abilities of Mccarthy, while inflating the attributes of Gibson.

This really did tickle me. You turn every thread into a Lukaku bashing thread. If you look through you last 1000 posts you'll see the word "Rom" "Lukaku" in 99.9 % of them. I'm reserved when talking about McCarthy if it comes up I give my opinion. You however find a way to bash Lukaku in almost any thread. It's boring now... Honestly it really is a broken record.

So stop being a hypocrite "tit"

Heres a deal, when Lukaku gets more man of the matches than McCarthy I'll call myself a hypocrite.

Till then....... just watch a game of football and appreciate the simple things that are done well by one player and missed by the other.

Like I said previously, Ian Bishop was an excellent reader of the game with a passing ability of the highest order (world class); still, Bishop had severe limitations as a footballer, much like Gibson, although I will concede that Bishop was a far better player than Gibson. I see no shortcomings in the case of McCarthy; he should be more willing to run with the ball, as he occasionally did against Sunderland. Once that aspect to the Mccarthy's game becomes a second nature to him, he will be one of the finest midfielders in Europe. You are underestimating the abilities of Mccarthy, while inflating the attributes of Gibson.

I'm not underestimating his ability. He is what he is. People think this goalscoring box to box midfielder is going to pop out. It's not in him.

Against Lille there was an opportunity just outside the box to put his laces through it. The whole of Goodison screamed shoot... It was an excellent opportunity to just smash it at goal.... He shit himself and laid it if to Mcgeady... It's not in him.

Ian bishop... Yeah I liked him as a player. Underrated.

I play golf every npwvand then with Jimmy Harvey, yeah he played for Tranmere but he was class, with an engine and bite he could have been very good indeed.

Heres a deal, when Lukaku gets more man of the matches than McCarthy I'll call myself a hypocrite.

Till then....... just watch a game of football and appreciate the simple things that are done well by one player and missed by the other.

The thing is I agree with you mostly about Lukaku. But you really have done it to death. He's very good with the ball in front of him. Unfortunately we 're using him as a line striker and his back is always to goal. Which is where he is shite.

Guest millwallforever

I'm not underestimating his ability. He is what he is. People think this goalscoring box to box midfielder is going to pop out. It's not in him.

Against Lille there was an opportunity just outside the box to put his laces through it. The whole of Goodison screamed shoot... It was an excellent opportunity to just smash it at goal.... He shit himself and laid it if to Mcgeady... It's not in him.

In addition to what he is, we must also take into account what he will become. He is still only 23. Lothar Matthäus of 1985, that timid 24-year old German, who was outmuscled at Goodison was a very different player only a couple of years of later. "It's not in him" is a sweeping judgement based on nothing but whim.

The thing is I agree with you mostly about Lukaku. But you really have done it to death. He's very good with the ball in front of him. Unfortunately we 're using him as a line striker and his back is always to goal. Which is where he is shite.

No the problem with Lukaku is that every fan in denial believes that we are one good game away from curing him of being a shite footballer. It then lends itself to the style of play being wrong and all sorts of crap that just doesn't make sense.

Top and bottom is that you sacrifice any footballing logic in favour of supporting exciting players opposed to appreciating a quality team player.

Guest millwallforever

Ian bishop... Yeah I liked him as a player. Underrated.

I play golf every npwvand then with Jimmy Harvey, yeah he played for Tranmere but he was class, with an engine and bite he could have been very good indeed.

Remember Jim Harvey of Tranmere. Especially remember Tranmere's surge into the semis of the Mercantile Credit Trophy. Think they lost to Forest on penalties.

Here's an example of Roberto-fluff that is just silly.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2014/11/10/gibson-fitness-pleases-martinez

"But we have seen today [sunday] that he [Gibson] is a phenomenal passer of the ball. He has got incredible technical ability...."

I like Gibson, a lot. But is his passing "phenomenal"? Is his technical ability "incredible"?

And did we see anything phenomenal or incredible from Gibson against Sunderland? [Apart from one incredibly bad touch that nearly gifted Sunderland a goal.]

RM seems incapable of saying, "Darron possesses strong technical ability and produces wonderful passes. Today we didn't see his very best, as he'd be the first to say, but as he regains his form we will all see what a good footballer he is."

I just looked in the classifieds: "used Ford Fiesta, phenomenal engine, incredible power." It's how you justify the selling price.

Would you buy if it read "always in the shop, constantly going in the wrong direction"?