IGNORED

USA National Team

USA were battered :) Panama must have had over 20 shots on goal.

I was surprised by the low turn out, less than 13,000 in an actual football stadium (SSS to you :P) for the host nation's national team.

I don't think the MLS season being ongoing and the International Champions Cup friendly competition taking place at the same time helped.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/goddammit-julian-green-probably-just-sucks-doesnt-he-1721181943

Deadspin is not as optimistic. Honestly, I don't know what to believe. He needs playing time wherever he can get it. I don't think getting into a pissing match with his club is the way to get that time.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/goddammit-julian-green-probably-just-sucks-doesnt-he-1721181943

Deadspin is not as optimistic. Honestly, I don't know what to believe. He needs playing time wherever he can get it. I don't think getting into a pissing match with his club is the way to get that time.

He's behind 2 of the top wingers in the world in Robben and ribery, and now Douglas costa. Of course he's not going to see time at bayern, he's still only 21!! Another loan and his confidence could be shattered, this is best. Tear it up with reserves all year get to playing top football and then go on loan next year and then year after that they either sell him or keep him for the first team.

Being a castoff at a big club isn't a bad thing. look at all the Madrid and barca players who can't crack the first team, go elsewhere and tear it up and are bought back.

He's behind 2 of the top wingers in the world in Robben and ribery, and now Douglas costa. Of course he's not going to see time at bayern, he's still only 21!! Another loan and his confidence could be shattered, this is best. Tear it up with reserves all year get to playing top football and then go on loan next year and then year after that they either sell him or keep him for the first team.

Being a castoff at a big club isn't a bad thing. look at all the Madrid and barca players who can't crack the first team, go elsewhere and tear it up and are bought back.

I'm rooting for him and hope it all works out. I want him and Zalalem to lead us to WC glory in 2018 and 2022!

I think it's good for Green too. He needs some confidence.

Zelalem looks like a really talented player, and I'm most excited by him.

I also saw where Josh Gatt's most recent injury wasn't serious. I think he's another player that has a ton of potential. He's just a little raw, so he needs some experience (and he needs to keep fit.)

We're desperate for wingers.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I think it's good for Green too. He needs some confidence.

Zelalem looks like a really talented player, and I'm most excited by him.

I also saw where Josh Gatt's most recent injury wasn't serious. I think he's another player that has a ton of potential. He's just a little raw, so he needs some experience (and he needs to keep fit.)

We're desperate for wingers.

Yeah zelalem looks like that creative player we need so Bradley can go back to being the destroyer. Remember gyau? He was injured but was starting to show some promise as well.

AJ just transferred to Werder Bremen. Great move they just lost Franco di santo and their other striker, he's an immediate starter and hopefully the higher level of play helps him to grow and blossom.

Made up for him.

I hope he does well but I was underwhelmed with his performance in the Gold Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched most of the first half of the Dortmund game against MGB. Fabian Johnson was mostly anonymous but then again, his whole team was. Dortmund won 4-0 but given how the first half looked, it could have been 10-0.

Yeah I forgot about him. I'm happy he's starting regularly now instead of sub appearances or just being on the bench. I think this season will help him grow a lot as a player.

Deadspin is such a strange website. I don't really like it, they never cover anything in depth. It's like it's audience are early teens with a passing interest in the game.

So far what I've seen from Zalalem is much more promising than Julian Green. Here's to a successful loan with Rangers and I hope he plays so well he's called back to Arsenal's 1st team in January.

(And then he moves to Everton on a free, leads us to 10 straight league titles and leads the US to 2 WC finals. Just a dream....)

Not national team news but do any of you lads follow Real Salt Lake? Mate of mines brother plays for them Luke Mullholland nearly scored a worldy in a clip I recently saw

I don't follow MLS too closely. I keep track of how our internationals are doing and that's kind of it. Sometimes I'll put it on when there is nothing better on. All the best to Luke though.