IGNORED

USA National Team

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/2060791/nasl-minnesota-united-winger-miguel-ibarra-to-get-usmnt-call-upsources-say

makes perfect sense (being serious). the MLS no relegation system has overlooked some of these players, and glad he's getting a chance. the mere call up will probably get him a spot in the MLS. we do need wingers, and one with pace would be nice.

in other US news, chandler has started every match for eintracht frankfurt, seems to be doing well. john anthony brooks got benched and rumor is they're going to release him (would love to pick him up for everton). not seen any terrence boyd action even on the bench for RB leipzig, which is sad, i had high hopes for him. Rubio Rubin is starting every match for FC Utrecht which is nice. Bedoya is still playing about 75 minutes a match for Nantes this season, no goals or assists but he's starting. Julian Green isn't making the bench for Hamburg anymore after they fired their coach. Joe Gyau has come of the bench for Borussia Dortmund, he's one to watch. Sadly, Fabian Johnson is coming off the bench and playing left midfield (where he started with the US). Wish he could start for Monchengladbach, not mad about the midfield position. Yedlin at RB, Chandler at LB, fabian in midfield is a great way to utilize three nice talents. Brek Shea is no longer starting for Birmingham, i could care less, so overrated and the stoke move ruined his career. Geoff Cameron is still injured but will likely not see much time since they got that lad from sunderland and he is mark hughes preferred RB.

Good news, Brad Guzan is doing well for Villa, he's very consistent, will be a nice replacement for Howard. Jozy Altidore finally scored in the League Cup, bet that was a nice monkey to get off his back, still coming off the bench. Emerson Hyndman is back to starting for Fulham, who are woeful but hopefully all the starting and time will help him improve.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/2060791/nasl-minnesota-united-winger-miguel-ibarra-to-get-usmnt-call-upsources-say

makes perfect sense (being serious). the MLS no relegation system has overlooked some of these players, and glad he's getting a chance. the mere call up will probably get him a spot in the MLS. we do need wingers, and one with pace would be nice.

in other US news, chandler has started every match for eintracht frankfurt, seems to be doing well. john anthony brooks got benched and rumor is they're going to release him (would love to pick him up for everton). not seen any terrence boyd action even on the bench for RB leipzig, which is sad, i had high hopes for him. Rubio Rubin is starting every match for FC Utrecht which is nice. Bedoya is still playing about 75 minutes a match for Nantes this season, no goals or assists but he's starting. Julian Green isn't making the bench for Hamburg anymore after they fired their coach. Joe Gyau has come of the bench for Borussia Dortmund, he's one to watch. Sadly, Fabian Johnson is coming off the bench and playing left midfield (where he started with the US). Wish he could start for Monchengladbach, not mad about the midfield position. Yedlin at RB, Chandler at LB, fabian in midfield is a great way to utilize three nice talents. Brek Shea is no longer starting for Birmingham, i could care less, so overrated and the stoke move ruined his career. Geoff Cameron is still injured but will likely not see much time since they got that lad from sunderland and he is mark hughes preferred RB.

Good news, Brad Guzan is doing well for Villa, he's very consistent, will be a nice replacement for Howard. Jozy Altidore finally scored in the League Cup, bet that was a nice monkey to get off his back, still coming off the bench. Emerson Hyndman is back to starting for Fulham, who are woeful but hopefully all the starting and time will help him improve.

Terrence Boyd has been injured hasn't he?

• 2 weeks later...

56 goals, 57 assists in 157 games. Legend.

Going to miss you, Landon!

interesting match. first half we dominated and looked great, 2nd half not so much. chandler, garza, yedlin, and wood stood our for me. guzan is solid, but i expect him to be. wood and garza look like in a couple years time they could be some serious players. garza especially.

interesting match. first half we dominated and looked great, 2nd half not so much. chandler, garza, yedlin, and wood stood our for me. guzan is solid, but i expect him to be. wood and garza look like in a couple years time they could be some serious players. garza especially.

I actually wasn't too impressed with Wood, but he's still young and showed some good qualities on the ball. His decision-making was a lacking a little.

Yedlin and Chandler looker great. Diskerud is my MOM.

I actually wasn't too impressed with Wood, but he's still young and showed some good qualities on the ball. His decision-making was a lacking a little.

Yedlin and Chandler looker great. Diskerud is my MOM.

yeah wood didn't blow me away, but his work rate and ability to get on the ball and try and do something was nice. usually we pass around or hoof to jozy, nice to see someone taking the ball and trying to do something with it.

mixx is great, i think he's really going to be our creative spark. would love to see him further up the field, i didn't like when they made him drop deep, he's better in attack than defense. 442 looked better to me.

tale of 2 halves, we played well the first half and terrible the second, draw was fair to both teams.

really like greg garza at LB, quick, attacks fast and puts in nice crosses, and decent defender. he's only 21 (i think) but played for sporting lisbon, sao paulo, he's been around the block a bit, would love to see him lock down that position.

glad that miguel ibarra got to play some minutes and got a couple touches. proud of him and proof that 2nd division has great players as well.

Sunderland looking to offload Altidore in January. I'm not surprised; he's fucking awful. It might just be that he's not suited to the PL but he's up there with the shittest players I've had the misfortune to watch play.

Yeah, it's unfortunate how bad he's been. I was hoping he'd turn it around this year, but you can tell how low his confidence is. He needs to go back to the Dutch league or somewhere where he's appreciated. He's good for the national team when he's scoring in a pro league. He doesn't look like he's cut out for the premier league.

Sunderland looking to offload Altidore in January. I'm not surprised; he's fucking awful. It might just be that he's not suited to the PL but he's up there with the shittest players I've had the misfortune to watch play.

yeah he does well for the US team and i think that's the problem. sunderland picked him up cause he was banging em in for USA, and in the dutch league. but after hull, and this, i think it's safe to say his level is one of the lower leagues, so either back to the dutch league, or maybe a lower team in Serie A, they don't play too fast.

he's a great target man, holds up well and gets the occasional poach, but he lives and dies on service. he can't make something out of nothing.

yeah he does well for the US team and i think that's the problem. sunderland picked him up cause he was banging em in for USA, and in the dutch league. but after hull, and this, i think it's safe to say his level is one of the lower leagues, so either back to the dutch league, or maybe a lower team in Serie A, they don't play too fast.

he's a great target man, holds up well and gets the occasional poach, but he lives and dies on service. he can't make something out of nothing.

I agree 100%.

sounds familiar

:fishing:

• 1 month later...

The story now is overload of fullbacks. With Greg garza looking like he's been with the team for 5 year yet only having played 3 matches it's safe to say he could be the left back. Right back is crazy. Fabian Johnson, Timmy chandler, Andre yedlin, it's a lot there. Personally I think chandler at r&b and put Fabian and yedlin in the midfield (fabian plays there anyway with his club side). We'll see what happens though, it should be interesting.

Centre back is looking interesting as well. With jermaine jones moving back there I think it's going to be a real competition for spots. Besler had a rough year club wise, brooks is maturing and getting better, Gonzalez also a rough year, and I don't think Tim team really challenges. Should be jones and either brooks or besler. I really like jones back there, great leader, loves a tackle and I just like him as a player.

I liked the 4132 formation, I think that would suit us a lot better than 442 or 4231. With just one holding midfielder I think we can attack more with yedlin, Johnson, diskeruud in the middle, and then use two striker with altidore/Boyd and Dempsey/johansson. Rubio coming in there as well.