IGNORED

USA National Team

Did the US play an experimental side last night or a full side? If it's the latter then you should be worried!

Experimental. Maybe 2 starters played, was all youngsters including the goalie. He even played a university player (Stanford u) only 20 and not even playing pro ball yet. I'm not worried about it, but it was rough to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

My man Terrence Boyd out for a whole with an ACL (?) injury. Terrible news, I was hoping he would get more time and start showing the form he had in Austria and in Germany 2 this year. First game back he scored. Hope we can find another striker to give altidore competition

Anterior cruciate ligament.

Yeah I know it was leg related and am 75% sure it's the ACL but could have been another ligament. Either way he's out and I'm not happy.

Ah OK, misunderstood; thought the ? by ACL meant you didn't know what is stood for, but you were obviously just speculating as to what the injury was.

Bedoya with an assist today in Nantes win. Played the whole match. I wonder if Juergen will use him in more of a Box to Box role like he has at Nantes?

John Anthony Brooks played the whole match for Hertha Berlin as they beat Dortmund 1-0. Looks to have been one hell of a defensive job he did as well, Dortmund's shot chart looks like the final third was all colored in!

Geoff Cameron has re-established himself in the starting lineup for Stoke in midfield. Playing every match now that he's back from injury. I hope he's able to get a shot at that position with the national side.

Altidore played a little more than half the match, missed a sitter, etc. He started so that might be a good sign, you have to wonder how much longer he will play there.

Julian Green doesn't even know what the Hamburg bench looks like anymore, loan gone bad he's not even making the First team.

Danny Williams is back from injury and playing well for Reading in the midfield, he's one to watch now that he's getting regular game time in the Championship.

Tim Ream helped Bolton to a 0-0 draw to a high flying Ipswich Town side. I would like to see more of him with US, maybe start a match instead of the late subs in friendlies.

Emerson Hyndman was back to starting for Fulham and played the whole match beating Leeds 1-0.

Eric Lichaj trusty RB at Nottingham Forest helped them to a 0-0 draw. He doesn't perform well with the US unfortunately and his spell at Villa didn't go that well, but he's a great option at RB, plays week in and out in a decent league.

that should do it for americans playing today.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Bedoya with an assist today in Nantes win. Played the whole match. I wonder if Juergen will use him in more of a Box to Box role like he has at Nantes?

John Anthony Brooks played the whole match for Hertha Berlin as they beat Dortmund 1-0. Looks to have been one hell of a defensive job he did as well, Dortmund's shot chart looks like the final third was all colored in!

Geoff Cameron has re-established himself in the starting lineup for Stoke in midfield. Playing every match now that he's back from injury. I hope he's able to get a shot at that position with the national side.

Altidore played a little more than half the match, missed a sitter, etc. He started so that might be a good sign, you have to wonder how much longer he will play there.

Julian Green doesn't even know what the Hamburg bench looks like anymore, loan gone bad he's not even making the First team.

Danny Williams is back from injury and playing well for Reading in the midfield, he's one to watch now that he's getting regular game time in the Championship.

Tim Ream helped Bolton to a 0-0 draw to a high flying Ipswich Town side. I would like to see more of him with US, maybe start a match instead of the late subs in friendlies.

Emerson Hyndman was back to starting for Fulham and played the whole match beating Leeds 1-0.

Eric Lichaj trusty RB at Nottingham Forest helped them to a 0-0 draw. He doesn't perform well with the US unfortunately and his spell at Villa didn't go that well, but he's a great option at RB, plays week in and out in a decent league.

that should do it for americans playing today.

Thanks for the update, mark.

I've been wondering about Green. I noticed he hasn't made the bench in awhile. Would've rather him stay at Bayern and at least use their training facilities if he's not getting any game time.

Thanks for the update, mark.

I've been wondering about Green. I noticed he hasn't made the bench in awhile. Would've rather him stay at Bayern and at least use their training facilities if he's not getting any game time.

Yeah epic fail on that loan. He was subbed their first few games or so and then that coach was fired and the new coach hasn't even put him on the bench. I'm with you he should just go back to bayern.

• 5 months later...

U-20 world cup going on right now, we are kicking ass. won the first match 1-0 against myanmar and won the second 4-0 against new zealand. already through to the next round, i'd still like to beat or draw ukraine to win the group.

U-23 is in the Toulon Tourney. Lost first match to costa rica 2-1, won second match 1-0 over qatar with a really nice goal from julian green.

women about to destroy all in the WC in a few days as well, we and germany are the favorites.

Zelalem looked really good in that last game. I'm excited to see what type of player he'll turn out to be.

I'm thinking the women will go all the way this year.

Agree to both. I really hope they get a favorable draw in the knockout round.

U23 are in the playoff for the 3rd place match. Play either Mexico, England, or someone else.

Didn't get to watch but man, what a crazy result. COYUSMNT!

Dude it was crazy. 1-1 at half and on comes yedlin Williams and wood, off johansson beckerman and Shea. We're now down 3-1 it's over. Then we start playing counter attack. Brooks on a quick one and goal. Then we attack more and more on the counter get a corner and Williams hammers it in. He looked really good centrally. And now it's stoppage time the Dutch are like wtf how is America tied with us and boom Michael Bradley (please watch, takes it from our own half, gets tackled but stays up keeps going through 3 more guys passes to Jordan Rhodes who's puts a cross for bobby wood and bang we win. Wild last half hour man.

Our back line was woeful though. Chandler orozco, brooks, Shea, Alvarado got hammered. I fear for them against Germany.

Bradley was immense though. As the creative ACM he was the sole reason those counter attacks worked, he had a hell of a match.

My fellow Americans. The only U.S. Coach to manage a top division European side is bob Bradley currently at stabaek in Norway. Great news. They are 2nd place and 3 points off top place. 1st get champs league qualifying and 2nd and 3rd get Europa qualifying. I'm following close and hope he's able to be the first American manager to get European qualification. Maybe he will get a bigger gig from it, I certainly hope so. He's a great manager and is constantly evolving in tactics.

To put that into some kind of perspective those guys are hardly the cream of England's U23 talent (in fact they're all under twenty). The starting eleven play respectively for Brighton (played three games for them), Wolves, Southampton (never played for them, been on loan at Swindon), Bournemouth (three appearances), Wolves again (but on loan to Gillingham last season), Chelsea! (played three whole minutes for them in 2014, then on loan to Rotherham & Swindon), Swansea (three appearances so the captain obviously), Sunderland (one appearance, been on loan at Hibs this year), Derby (two games played), Derby again (three appearances, been on loan to Notts County this year) and finally the undoubted star, the famous Rolando Adams who's actually played four games for Newcastle and never been loaned anywhere!

Bravo indeed ;).

To put that into some kind of perspective those guys are hardly the cream of England's U23 talent (in fact they're all under twenty). The starting eleven play respectively for Brighton (played three games for them), Wolves, Southampton (never played for them, been on loan at Swindon), Bournemouth (three appearances), Wolves again (but on loan to Gillingham last season), Chelsea! (played three whole minutes for them in 2014, then on loan to Rotherham & Swindon), Swansea (three appearances so the captain obviously), Sunderland (one appearance, been on loan at Hibs this year), Derby (two games played), Derby again (three appearances, been on loan to Notts County this year) and finally the undoubted star, the famous Rolando Adams who's actually played four games for Newcastle and never been loaned anywhere!

Bravo indeed ;).

Not meant to be a slap to the face to the english here mike. our side is the same as yours, 19 year old kids except ours don't play in the prem or championship, they're all in academies or youth systems. so i think they were evenly matched amigo

Not meant to be a slap to the face to the english here mike. our side is the same as yours, 19 year old kids except ours don't play in the prem or championship, they're all in academies or youth systems. so i think they were evenly matched amigo

I didn't look at who played for you; just assumed as you said they were your under 23 team that they were your under 23 team. How silly of me not to have known better :lol:.

I didn't look at who played for you; just assumed as you said they were your under 23 team that they were your under 23 team. How silly of me not to have known better :lol:.

below should have tipped you off :guns:

MikeO, on 09 Jun 2015 - 14:21, said:snapback.png

Bravo indeed ;).

You forced my hand, I had to check....

Age of your starting XI: 22, 22, 22, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 20, 22 and 21.

Looks very much to me like an under 23 team playing an under 20 team :dont know:.

As Toulon is traditionally an under 20 tournament I can only guess the US got special dispensation to send an older team for some reason. But well done on the third ;).

You forced my hand, I had to check....

Age of your starting XI: 22, 22, 22, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 20, 22 and 21.

Looks very much to me like an under 23 team playing an under 20 team :dont know:.

As Toulon is traditionally an under 20 tournament I can only guess the US got special dispensation to send an older team for some reason. But well done on the third ;).

mike they're both u23 man, england has 21 years old on it as well bud.

Hang on, so we're going from "our side is the same as yours, 19 year old kids" to "they're both u23 man".

They are all under twenty-three but can you not just roll back and admit you were wrong with the first bit (there were exactly zero teenagers in your side in fact)? Otherwise you'll start to sound like other posters on here who are incapable of 'fessing up when they've plainly been shown up as incorrect; and that would be a shame.

The English starting XI were 19, 19, 21, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 19, 19 & 19. It's always been possible to play for an under age team at a supposed older age because there's a specific cut off date at which you have to qualify.

Hence: England played a genuine under twenty team in an under twenty tournament against a side that under no circumstances could qualify for those criteria. QED.

Hang on, so we're going from "our side is the same as yours, 19 year old kids" to "they're both u23 man".

They are all under twenty-three but can you not just roll back and admit you were wrong with the first bit (there were exactly zero teenagers in your side in fact)? Otherwise you'll start to sound like other posters on here who are incapable of 'fessing up when they've plainly been shown up as incorrect; and that would be a shame.

The English starting XI were 19, 19, 21, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 19, 19 & 19. It's always been possible to play for an under age team at a supposed older age because there's a specific cut off date at which you have to qualify.

Hence: England played a genuine under twenty team in an under twenty tournament against a side that under no circumstances could qualify for those criteria. QED.

no problem mike, i admit i was wrong. i thought young julian green was still 19, turns out he turned 20 3 days ago. but you're right, it's not a young squad. looking at other sides some are u20, some u21, some u23. not sure why toulon doesn't just say all 1 age, i guess viewership and attendance is down or something, no clue. i am still proud of them, our youth system isn't exactly known for raising up talent, so even a small thing like this hopefully will help our national team.

U.S. U-20 beat Colombia in the knockout stage of the World Cup to advance. Rubin with the goal.

That would explain why our u-23 is at Toulon mike, the u-20 side is at the World Cup.

match highlights there, penalty saved to win it. pretty wild. on to the quarterfinals against serbia.