IGNORED

James Wright Foley

MC11

Missing American Journalist beheaded by ISIS by what seems to be a British Muslim. If Obama does not stop bombing ISIS in Iraq they threaten to behead their other American hostage Steven Soltoff.

What really hits home is the fact that this was a British Muslim who committed the murder.

Edited by MiguelCotto

We don't know when it happened, but the video has surfaced only now. It is totally barbaric. In recent days, there have been reports of IS beheading Christians and others who will not convert to Islam. All non-Muslims have been driven from cities and towns and are being hunted down. For sure, hundreds have been shot and buried in mass graves. There have been pictures of crucifixions, although it seems most individuals were killed before they were nailed to a cross. Nonetheless, their bodies are left to hang in public for many days.

These early reports have been largely ignored by the world powers, but the death of this journalist appears to have captured everyone's attention. Let's hope it spurs people into action. There have been far too many cases where we've stood by quietly and done little to stop genicide (Rwanda comes to mind).

Guest blueboy122

Horrible Mike, just think when this moron comes back to British shores.

Scary thought.

It amazes me what human beings can do to other innocent human beings.

It's beyond comprehension.

Guest blueboy122

Why the Americans? Its all the countries of the world who should take responsibility.

Yes of course but try getting the Russians etc involved.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could all unite against Terror groups.

Russians, Americans, Chinese, British, Japanese, Israeli

The terror groups wouldn't stand a chance.

Yes of course but try getting the Russians etc involved.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could all unite against Terror groups.

Russians, Americans, Chinese, British, Japanese, Israeli

The terror groups wouldn't stand a chance.

Exactly. I get a little annoyed with the call to Americans to fix shit, its usually followed with "what the fuck are the US doing there, trying to police the world" and is often the same people.

Not say thats you by the way, just a real pet peeve.

The United Nations should act fucking united for a change and sort this out. Now.

Exactly. I get a little annoyed with the call to Americans to fix shit, its usually followed with "what the fuck are the US doing there, trying to police the world" and is often the same people.

Not say thats you by the way, just a real pet peeve.

The United Nations should act fucking united for a change and sort this out. Now.

Thank you.

It's like this within the country as well. Half think we should have a go at them and the other half think we should stay out of it.

When I see videos like this I think: Something must be done. This kind of behavior is barbaric and unacceptable.

However, given our past, I don't know if we should. It's a terrifying subject.

Guest blueboy122

Thank you.

It's like this within the country as well. Half think we should have a go at them and the other half think we should stay out of it.

When I see videos like this I think: Something must be done. This kind of behavior is barbaric and unacceptable.

However, given our past, I don't know if we should. It's a terrifying subject.

The Americans on their own could truly wipe this organisation out if they wanted to never mind if we all United together.

A handful of the best troops from each country and a few apache helicopters could really go along way to wiping them out.

From reading the news it's not as if this group are hiding in the mountain they are parading round the streets have their own bases etc and also seem to have adopted a black ninja like uniform.

Guest blueboy122

At the end of the day very few of this group are military trained so don't possess the threat that are hardened Seals, Paratroopers, Marines, French Legion troops do.

The world can not and will not sit back and let innocent good people like the journalist be savaged to death for trying to help the innocent people in Syria.

It's immature and naive to say but sometimes I really do think drop a big bomb and be done with it.

I know what you mean. I'm ashamed to say it, but I feel the same way sometimes, but the cost of rebuilding would be staggering. I'm not sure it's something we could afford right now.

It makes me sick to read and/or see the violence plastered across the news each day.

The Americans on their own could truly wipe this organisation out if they wanted to never mind if we all United together.

A handful of the best troops from each country and a few apache helicopters could really go along way to wiping them out.

From reading the news it's not as if this group are hiding in the mountain they are parading round the streets have their own bases etc and also seem to have adopted a black ninja like uniform.

That annoys the hell out of me. If they believe what they're doing is right and "God's will" why the need to hide their faces? Cowards.

who?

The people actually living there. I mean "forgotten" in regards to bombing and taking the offensive route.

Personally, it's hard for me to comprehend what's actually happening, because I live such a great life. I am very fortunate to have been born where I was. I couldn't in a million years go through what those people are going through.

It's just shocking what mankind is capable of sometimes.

Guest blueboy122

Irony of it all is there all fighting for supposedly god by beheading people etc.

How can there be a god with all this happening.

Bit heavy for Toffeetalk this subject I think.

I hate thinking about all this but feel its good to talk about it.

The people actually living there. I mean "forgotten" in regards to bombing and taking the offensive route.

Personally, it's hard for me to comprehend what's actually happening, because I live such a great life. I am very fortunate to have been born where I was. I couldn't in a million years go through what those people are going through.

It's just shocking what mankind is capable of sometimes.

sorry, bad joke, I knew who you meant

A lot of people think there isn't one.

It would be very dangerous to think that a handful of our best troops / special forces could just go in and sort it out. IS / ISIS have one great advantage over America and the western allies: they don't care about anybody's lives, including their own. It is saddening to note that these splinter groups have all sprung up in the Middle East after brutal dictators have been overthrown in the region (Iraq, Syria). The reason dictators like Assad and Saddam were able to contain these groups was because they didn't care for the loss of human life, either (ie they brutally repressed their own people and employed widespread torture / gas attacks etc). Would we want to live in countries like that? Would we want to see America act like that? Who knows, maybe they already do? What do we really know about special forces' operations?

Edited by formby

Irony of it all is there all fighting for supposedly god by beheading people etc.

Bit heavy for Toffeetalk this subject I think.

I hate thinking about all this but feel its good to talk about it.

If there's evil, there must be good. If there are good and evil, then there must be an objective definition of the same. It doesn't come from genes, and it doesn't come from education. It comes from a conscience, and that must emanate from somewhere. CS Lewis, a rather down-to-earth man albeit an Oxford man, had rather a lot to say on the topic.

There are dickheads everywhere and desperate people everywhere too. Dickheads will always try and take advantage and desperate people will grasp at any chance they can take, regardless of the consequences.

Its not down to nationality, its not down to religion although they are used as excuses. Its down to assholes taking advantage, nothing more....

Edited by Matt

A friend of mine just showed me a really disturbing video on facebook. Assuming its an ISIS propaganda, but shows the cold blooded murders of countless men, identified as Christians, by people who are brave enough to hide their faces throughout.

Couldn't watch it through, because I literally felt sick at the pure evilness it showed people are capable of.