IGNORED

Europa League Watch

:rofl:

But my correction was correct - we are in 13th place. You're the one who said we were in 12th place and needed 3 upsets to stay in the top 24; my miscalculation was based off your faulty numbers. So there! :P

Curses :(.

Though actually as I said in the Kopite thread my numbers were faulty because the beeb erroneously reported that Ludogorets had lost last night, so it was their fault all along and we're still all geniuses B).

Anyway, quite an upset in the first game tonight with Apollon Limassol winning 4-1 in Moscow v Lokomotiv to progress after drawing the first leg at home. Sadly no help to us but let's hope the upsets continue!

Lyon are out, so that's one down (they were actually the highest ranked team in the whole competition). Two more needed.

Unfortunately three of the other five JD flagged as "chances" have gone against us. Twente are fifteen minutes away from going out though, currently one all at home and would go out on away goals if it stays that way.

I really don't give a shit who we get. If were gonna go all the way then were gonna have to beat the best. i'd rather testourselves against the best cause it will only help us excel against other teams in the league.

I want us to get as easy a draw as possible. Same in the FA Cup. Shittest teams possible please nice easy passage through so we dont have to break our balls qualifying and we cannplay plenty of fringe players leaving the main players to concentrate on the league.

Lyon are out, so that's one down (they were actually the highest ranked team in the whole competition). Two more needed.

Unfortunately three of the other five JD flagged as "chances" have gone against us. Twente are fifteen minutes away from going out though, currently one all at home and would go out on away goals if it stays that way.

Twente is out. 1-1 final.

Unfortunately Sparta Prague (the last of our six best hopes) is up 2-0 at halftime at home - we still need them go out too, with the other three having already advanced. Unless either Grasshoppers or AEL Nicosia pulls off a miracle.

Edited by JD in DC

I really don't give a shit who we get. If were gonna go all the way then were gonna have to beat the best. i'd rather testourselves against the best cause it will only help us excel against other teams in the league.

How do you come to that conclusion? It's like saying you'd not be bothered to play City away in the third round of the FA Cup because "you have to beat the best to win it". You don't, you have to beat the teams you're drawn against.

Twente are out, but I really can't see much possibilty of anyone else helping us out now.

Twente is out. 1-1 final.

Unfortunately Sparta Prague (the last of our six best hopes) is up 2-0 at halftime at home - we still need them go out too, with the other three having already advanced. Unless either Grasshoppers or AEL Nicosia pulls off a miracle.

You beat me to it JD.

Ludogrets winning that shoot out (without a goalkeeper) last night has done for us; looking certain to be 25th.

Is that a crying it in not going to happen or a defo defo not going to happen.

Plesse say the former.

I updated my post with

"Grasshoppers winning at Brugge is about our best hope but that's about a 6-8/1 shot with the bookies."

while you were typing that :lol:. It's not over yet but the fat lady's clearing her throat.

I updated my post with

"Grasshoppers winning at Brugge is about our best hope but that's about a 6-8/1 shot with the bookies."

while you were typing that :lol:. It's not over yet but the fat lady's clearing her throat.

Fucking luck on us. A bastard Centre Half saving 2 penogs and we miss out by that one place. You couldn't make it up could you :/

I'm not sure it will make a great deal of difference on the whole.

It could do because we could end up in a group with (for example) Seville and Besiktas or Napoli and Wolfsburg or Inter and Standard Liege or Villarreal and Celtic (OK so maybe Celtic's stretching it :lol:). No doubt we'd be more likely to get a relatively simpler route if we were in pot 2.

It could do because we could end up in a group with (for example) Seville and Besiktas or Napoli and Wolfsburg or Inter and Standard Liege or Villarreal and Celtic (OK so maybe Celtic's stretching it :lol:). No doubt we'd be more likely to get a relatively simpler route if we were in pot 2.

But how much better are those teams in pot 2 compared to pot 3. Sure some are bigger names but I would rather face Inter than Besiktas for example.

But how much better are those teams in pot 2 compared to pot 3. Sure some are bigger names but I would rather face Inter than Besiktas for example.

Impossible to say until it's all finalised; but the fact is that we had the possiblity of facing two teams ranked higher than us or facing two teams ranked lower than us and I know what I'd prefer. Of course some clubs are in a false position in relation to their quality (as we are) but in general the teams in group 2 will have an easier route to the knock out stage than those in group 3; that's the whole point of the seeding.

How do you come to that conclusion? It's like saying you'd not be bothered to play City away in the third round of the FA Cup because "you have to beat the best to win it". You don't, you have to beat the teams you're drawn against.

Twente are out, but I really can't see much possibilty of anyone else helping us out now.

Cause like always we wiukdwould get a team no one has heard of and get knocked out and never live it down. We would be more up for the harder ties.