IGNORED

Europa League Watch

We're not crying, we're just not putting outselves forward as favourites here.

Bookies have us at 20/1 to win the whole thing, with Wolfsburg 25/1 and Lille 33/1 so they think we're marginal favourites. Be interesting to see the group odds when they come out.

I think the trip is definitely Lille. Easy to get to by plane or Eurostar. £50,000 capacity in their stadium so should get a few thousand tickets. France a nice country. Might be a bit expensive there but as a one off, who cares!

Lille is quite nice as well. Never been to Wolfsburg, but it seems like a dull, industrial city to me.

I think the trip is definitely Lille. Easy to get to by plane or Eurostar. £50,000 capacity in their stadium so should get a few thousand tickets. France a nice country. Might be a bit expensive there but as a one off, who cares!

£50,000 capacity?! Thats not even a suitcase!

Spurs have easier group than Everton, but much tougher travel. Their exhaustion factor looks high. Match locales are crucial for Nov. 27 ties. I'll hope their Nov. 27 tie is away, and ours is at Goodison, as we play Spurs Nov. 30 in London. Definitely bad schedule if we are away at Krasnodar Nov. 27.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Spurs have easier group than Everton, but much tougher travel. Their exhaustion factor looks high. Match locales are crucial for Nov. 27 ties. I'll hope their Nov. 27 tie is away, and ours is at Goodison, as we play Spurs Nov. 30 in London. Definitely bad schedule if we are away at Krasnodar Nov. 27.

they're at home sadly:

18 September: Partizan Belgrade v Tottenham, Red Bull Salzburg v Celtic, Everton v Wolfsburg.

2 October: Tottenham v Besiktas, Celtic v Dinamo Zagreb, Krasnodar v Everton.

23 October: Tottenham v Asteras Tripolis, Celtic v Astra Giurgiu, Lille v Everton.

6 November: Asteras Tripolis v Tottenham, Astra Giurgiu v Celtic, Everton v Lille

27 November: Tottenham v Partizan Belgrade, Celtic v Red Bull Salzburg, Wolfsburg v Everton.

11 December: Besiktas v Tottenham, Dinamo Zagreb v Celtic, Everton v Krasnodar

Feckin hell... the 2 Lille games were the only feasible ones and they're slap dab in the middle of the babys expected arrival :lol:

Congratulations Matt not sure if you've posted it elsewhere or I've missed it but great news

I also know how you feel mate I've got our future number 9 due on the 30th of October

On topic, not the best draw but all winnable games on our day and as said you have to beat what's put infront of you

Looking forward to seeing the old girl lit up for a European night again!!

Edited by EFC-Paul

We're in EuroDisney for the away leg :(

Brilliant! You're only 140 odd miles away, jump in a hire car, you'll be there in two hours :).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Lille,+France/Disneyland+Paris,+77777+Marne-la-Vall%C3%A9e,+France/@49.7325326,2.2092244,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c2d579b3256e11:0x40af13e81646360!2m2!1d3.057256!2d50.62925!1m5!1m1!1s0x47e61d19ca7ae2bd:0x57faf8cb6310e660!2m2!1d2.775808!2d48.872234

Edit: Slow off the mark again; it's because I was finding you directions.

:lol: I found directions too in that time Mike, just didn't post them because I knew what the answer would be :P

Paddock - invest in some Nytol, if it still exists, and tell her its a French side dressing that needs to be heaped on, around lunch. Should be fine

Paul - PM mate ;)

We also seem to be playing away after virtually all our group games .

4 of the 6 are ahead of away games. Official site also has the match dates for knockout rounds if we advance...2nd leg of the round of 32 is right before our away date at Arsenal, 2nd leg of the round of 16 is right before an away date at QPR, and 2nd leg of the quarterfinals is right before our home tie with ManU.

Just the way it goes when you're playing in Europe. Only way to avoid this problem is don't qualify, and I don't think any of us would choose that option.

Personally, I'm just happy to see us getting that Russian trip out of the way early. And I'm rooting for all the Ukrainian squads to go home in the group stage, because I don't want any chance of us getting drawn against one of them later.