IGNORED

Good Premier League Officials

The title of this thread is an oxymoron! Good PL officials are extremely hard to come by. One game you'll think you've found one and then you'll see another game and that same referee is awful. They're too inconsistent to ever be called good.

what about that guy that just retired, phil dowd? or something. wasn't he supposed to be the best english ref. the bald dude.

Last season, I watched a live game on TV refereed by Chris Foy. Can't remember the teams, but Foy was brilliant. He ignored dives, allowed good tackles, didn't book anyone and the players responded. It was a really good, end to end, game. Unfortunately, the next time I saw him he was crap.

Howard Webb? Him a good referee?! You have to be shitting me.

Yep that's him. I don't have an opinion on him, seen some prem games and World Cup games he did, but the media made him out to be the greTest English ref when he retired.

Well seems this idea I had was a bad one. It is crazy and frightening that they yo-yo performance wise so much. Is it just a premier league thing? I wonder if bundesliga refs are better? The Germans excel with technicalities.

he was the best around by head and shoulders...

:yay:

Except when he reffed at Old Trafford. Clattenburg gave three penalties in one game against Man U at Old Trafford, I don't think Webb gave a penalty against Man U in his career. Ferguson rated him, says it all really.

• 2 months later...

Remember Uriah Rennie?

Used to think he was class.

And I liked Howard Webb.

Just now though, I find the standard slipping year on year.

I'm not sure it's entirely the ref's fault though, more the meddling, twisting and turning of the rules and 'interpretations'.

Remember Uriah Rennie?

Used to think he was class.

And I liked Howard Webb.

Just now though, I find the standard slipping year on year.

I'm not sure it's entirely the ref's fault though, more the meddling, twisting and turning of the rules and 'interpretations'.

Is that sarcasm about rennie? Must be

Is that sarcasm about rennie? Must be

Ha! No! I think I was in my last year at school when he came on the PL scene (98?). Me and my mates used to think he was class...probs for the wrong reasons...big strong martial arts ref who took no shit off anyone!

That's just 15/16 year old testosterone fueled boys!!!

Ha! No! I think I was in my last year at school when he came on the PL scene (98?). Me and my mates used to think he was class...probs for the wrong reasons...big strong martial arts ref who took no shit off anyone!

That's just 15/16 year old testosterone fueled boys!!!

You'd probably be best posting your fantasies about a 6ft plus 18 stone martial arts expert fella on a different forum you know :P