IGNORED

Tony "the bomber" Bellew

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Love bellew. Great heart on him. Very underrated fighter. 

Serious outsider for this one, but he's been there and done it before. This Oleksandr Usyk fella seems to be a bit special though, just hope Tony has a decent go and no doubt his pension pot will take on serious proportion win or lose, wish him well.

On 06/11/2018 at 02:48, hafnia said:

Love bellew. Great heart on him. Very underrated fighter. 

Definitely, he won’t give anyone an easy fight if Usyk isn’t on it early rounds he’ll be gone in the 4th, if he brings his A game he’s still going by the 9th he’s not come across the intensity of a Bellew before he’s getting k’od. 

Bellew is far better than given credit for.   The British public have been getting seduced by supposedly skilled boxers like degale & Khan.  I always thought he was inbetween being a boxer and a puncher without being good at either ... Turns out he can box and certainly can punch.

He's got heavy hands and can change a losing fight into a win in a second. 

Aside that... he's a top bloke. I admire his loyalty and love for his family. 

Big Bellew fan but he's bitten off more than he can chew in Usyk who's probably the best cruiserweight since Holyfield 

He has a punchers chance and the heart of a lion but with the weight drop and  Usyk being one of the best technical boxers on the planet he will grind him down and Tony will fold in the later round imo 

Would love to see a huge huge upset but just can't see it 

11 hours ago, hafnia said:

Thought it was a heavy knockdown and rather than getting him interviewed he needed get checked out.   Badly concussed.  Usyk is very good. 

Very poor from Sky that, just glad he hit the ropes if he'd have gone flat on his back it could have been a different story 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Very poor from Sky that, just glad he hit the ropes if he'd have gone flat on his back it could have been a different story 

Hope he comes out unscathed.... he was blinking a lot by all accounts 2 or 3 rounds before the knockout.   I didn't see that cos my stream was blurry..

A Boxer blinking isn'tt  good. I remember the Benn McLennan fight. 

He can step away now. He's engaging and knowledgeable so I'd like to see him go into punditry. 

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

Hope he comes out unscathed.... he was blinking a lot by all accounts 2 or 3 rounds before the knockout.   I didn't see that cos my stream was blurry..

A Boxer blinking isn'ttt  good. I remember the Benn McLennan fight. 

He can step away now. He's engaging and knowledgeable so I'd like to see him go into punditry. 

Should have gone on potato streams its never blurry.

Did himself proud in that fight, I didn't have him ahead before the knockout though, though he won the first couple of rounds but then the class showed.

Eddie Hearn confirmed on Instagram that Bellew was checked by the doctor and was cleared after the KO but he was defo concussed as he kept repeating himself and kissing Usyk, probably landed more kisses than punches!

Bellew was on Talksport before and said he's done, Tony Bellew was his boxing persona who is now dead, he is Antony Bellew and wants to live a quiet life. I am hoping he pops up on PPV's doing commentary etc as he is very, very good at that too.