IGNORED

Tony "the bomber" Bellew

Don't know why my family is suddenly of interest :lol:

Said exactly this in the gym yesterday morning. Haye will smash Bellew if he can get down to Cruiserweight again. He's stronger and has more technical ability than Bellew.

Think it was a bit if the occasion got to Bellew when he done that. He wont last 3 rounds with Haye imo.

Why wouldn't he be able to get down? This is what I don't get from suggestions here? He's a "natural cruiserweight" it will be done very very easily.

Absolute bollocks. Again on the basis of what? He can't shed fat? Because right now he's carrying lots of it.

200 pounds? He's put on loads of muscle, even at 4 percent body fat he'd be about 210 pounds minimum. Not happening, he'd lose power. He's 224 pounds now... no way could he lose that muscle he's put on to get to heavyweight competition level.

Edited by Hafnia

200 pounds? He's put on loads of muscle, even at 4 percent body fat he'd be about 210 pounds minimum. Not happening, he'd lose power.

He's always been a big hitter especially at cruiserweight power wouldn't be an issue. He could cut no problem.

200 pounds? He's put on loads of muscle, even at 4 percent body fat he'd be about 210 pounds minimum. Not happening, he'd lose power. He's 224 pounds now... no way could he lose that muscle he's put on to get to heavyweight competition level.

He could do it very easily. He just won't because he's going after the bigger prize.... Joshua and Fury. Dropping down to 200lb then back up to 220 in quick succession won't do him any favours. But to suggest he couldn't is just silly. He just "won't"

He's always been a big hitter especially at cruiserweight power wouldn't be an issue. He could cut no problem.

Not fought at cruiserweight in eight years. I've no great knowledge about boxing at all but logic suggests that a guy of his age would struggle to get back down to that and still have the power he did in his twenties.

After he lost all of the fat he would still be too heavy, would take way too long to lose that muscle weight. Would be a complete waste of time anyway.

Just to fight bellew it's not worth it for haye. Bellew knows he has very little opportunity to make big money at that weight vs heavy weight and he would get smashed up at heavy weight. Enticing haye in a big domestic fight is his only real cash cow.

Haye will get a few more bouts in, fight Joshua and then look after his money. I'm assuming he's skint.

Edited by Hafnia

how much of a cut of the fight did Everton get? I'm guessing since they own Goodison the club got some money other than the usage fee.

Knowing us nothing. Probably shook hands with Eddie Hearn on a 10% cut and he's not gonna pay up as it wasn't signed for.

Bellew wants to meet in the middle you loose ten pounds I'll gain it another daft catch-weight fight

Haye wouldn't make it to cruiserweight he's been on the gear in his lay off apparently and put far to much mass on

I'm not sure what Bellew would gain from it Haye is self promoted and both are marmite fighters neither will draw huge numbers and Bellew is likely to get pasted he should just stick to the division which is fairly weak and try and clean up

Edited by EFC-Paul

Bellew wants to meet in the middle you loose ten pounds I'll gain it another daft catch-weight fight

Haye wouldn't make it to cruiserweight he's been on the gear in his lay off apparently and put far to much mass on

I'm not sure what Bellew would gain from it Haye is self promoted and both are marmite fighters neither will draw huge numbers and Bellew is likely to get pasted he should just stick to the division which is fairly weak and try and clean up

I thought that. He looks very soft muscle wise and has the over developed traps. Looks like he's been on growth hormone...

Like evander the cheat holyfield.

Police rel

Tis the reward money on the wanted posters that does it Matt. If I were you I would hide in MikeO's coal shed and get fed under the door for a year or two until it all dies down

This is why I'm hiding in Switzerland mate, extradition laws ;)

• 4 months later...

How so Haf? Didn't see it.

Seriously Mike.... the lad is a whopper.

Ok. In the fight florescent looked strong, for me won first round. Second round bellew threw the lowest punch I've seen, flores complained, was a crippler. Ref waved fight on and bellew took full advantage. Knocked him down 3 times in the round. The next knock down was a great punch but the low blow done the damage.

He then proceeded to jump over the ropes and front up David haye. Embarrassing. I'd love to like the lad but he's a nob.

Embarrassed himself tonight. Good win. He behaved like a tit after.

It was all pantomime. Haye was put there for a reason. There's now public interest and this fight will go from Dave to Sky Sports Box Office earning both fighters millions.

I agree about the low blow - won the fight for him although I do think he would have beaten him anyway.

Love bellew as a blue and I admire him for making a career for him and his family but haye will knock him out in two rounds

Makes me feel sick with embarrassment. The way he goes on about his fists feeding his kids.... fuck off Tony.

You ain't James Braddock having to fight in the midst of the great depression for a few quid whilst your family are being looked after by the state. You are a multi millionaire who has never had to do half the work all of us on here do to pay our way.

• 2 weeks later...

He's Marmite I don't mind him tbh he comes across a cock at times but in most interviews away from the mainstream media he's a level headed bloke

He's right in what he says about Haye though he's milking people for money fighting absolute shithouses he just went about it the wrong way and went a bit OTT

Haye won't make Cruiser again he's put on far to much mass so Bellew would have to move up but either way as much as I like him Haye would spank him he was an absolute animal at Cruiser definitely the best over the last decade or so

Edited by EFC-Paul