IGNORED

Chelsea Views

Greaves

Hello again Evertonians. Does anyone fancy giving their views on Wednesday's game at Stamford Bridge to be shared on a Chelsea site? (I am pleased to say I am not a Chelsea fan - I'm Spurs but help the site out occasionally)

All contributors will be credited as will Toffeetalk. They are not the sort of fans who rubbish other teams for the sake of it. They like to get the thoughts of their opponents before each game as you can see below:

Villa fans view on recent Chelsea game:

http://www.cfclatest.com/2015/02/06/villa-fans-thoughts-on-chelsea-visit/

What were your expectations for Everton at the start of the season?

Where do you expect Everton will finish in the league this season and in the Europa Cup?

How would you compare the merits of David Moyes to Roberto Martinez?

Who should Chelsea be wary of in your team?

Who do you worry about in their team?

Score prediction?

Finally, what was the first Everton v Chelsea game you remember? Do any other of your clashes stick in your mind?

I know it is a bit early to be getting views on Wednesdays but I'm in hospital overnight on Tuesday so cant be helped. If anyone is interested in giving their views just fill in below each question and I'll pop back as and when,

Thank you

Hello again Evertonians. Does anyone fancy giving their views on Wednesday's game at Stamford Bridge to be shared on a Chelsea site? (I am pleased to say I am not a Chelsea fan - I'm Spurs but help the site out occasionally)

All contributors will be credited as will Toffeetalk. They are not the sort of fans who rubbish other teams for the sake of it. They like to get the thoughts of their opponents before each game as you can see below:

To be pushing hard for top 6, possibly top 4. Plus a decent run in the FA Cup and Europa.

Where do you expect Everton will finish in the league this season and in the Europa Cup?

7th or 8th. Unfortunately. We'll come on strong though. The Europa is a tough one. Hard to call as you don't know who is next. There's some quality teams in there. We'll get through to the Round of 16. Hopefully to Quarter Final. We may meet our match there.

Tough one. Martinez has a much better footballing philosophy and more positive outlook. Moyes could never shake off the underdog tag and that held us and him back in the end. They have totally different mindsets. For me, Martinez trumps Moyes. But time will tell.

If he turns up, Mirrallas. He can be the difference and make things happen. We just need him to turn up!!!

Well Costas out so that's one down. Then take your pick from Hazard, Oscar and William! All can produce game winning moments.

Score prediction?

Well we won't go all 'gungho' like at Goodison...so no 9 goal thriller! At best for us, a 1-1 draw. Depends how we set up. Maybe a 2-1 defeat.

Finally, what was the first Everton v Chelsea game you remember? Do any other of your clashes stick in your mind?

My memories shit so this one's not for me!!!

I know it is a bit early to be getting views on Wednesdays but I'm in hospital overnight on Tuesday so cant be helped. If anyone is interested in giving their views just fill in below each question and I'll pop back as and when,

Thank you

A real challenge for the top 4. Minimum top 6 finish

I expect to finish outside the top 10. 11th if I was to pick.

I expect us to get through the next round of the Europa. After that who knows?With it being a cup anything can happen. Would love to win it.

Martinez definitely has a better attacking philosophy. But our defense has suffered. He needs to find the right balance.

It's hard to compare the two as Moyes was here for a long time and Martinez just over 18 months. However at the moment I'd feel much more secure under Moyes than I do with Martinez in terms of a relegation threat

Kevin Mirallas

Their attacking midfielders Hazard, Willian and Oscar are most certainly a threat. If Costa could play I would say him too.

Score prediction?

1-0 Chelsea.

Could always be a thumping against Chelsea though!

Zola lobbing Richard Wright at the bridge we got battered that day.

Thank you

Edited by MC11

I expected no worse than last year, which is optimistic at this point. I do think we'll improve in the final third and make the top seven or eight.

I'm really hoping we'll go the distance in the Europa - final four at least.

I can only repeat what others have said about David Moyes. He kept the expectations low and tried to exceed them - which is a savvy approach. Martinez promised European football at the outset, and this year has failed to meet expectations. That shows that Moyes was a better "executive", if you will. Personally, though, I believe that you have to set BHAGs in order to achieve them. For the longer term, I can see Everton become a perennial Top-4 team under Martinez. It's just going to take a couple more years to get there (with some of Moyes-era players retiring and new blood coming through).

Lukaku has a point to prove. Mirallas is a creative player (when he shows up). The player to be most wary of, though, is Naismith. He has a knack of scoring in the big games.

Since Costa is serving a ban, I'm not worried about anyone.

Score prediction?

1-1, and possibly even an Everton win. Chelsea are working their way through an indifferent period right now. They'll be the champions this year, but now is the time to play them.

I can remember Everton thrashing Chelsea 5-2 under Harry Catterick. I'd have to look up what season that was. In the early 70s, I think.

All the best with your hospital appointment. Let us know how things go (very well, I'm sure).

Thank you

Edited by Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve:

Everton v Chelsea, 28 March 1970
Score 5-2 to Everton Competition League Division One Venue Goodison Park Attendance 57,828

View Everton v Chelsea head to head

Goals: Alan Whittle football-18x18.png Alan Ball football-18x18.png Howard Kendall football-18x18.png Joe Royle football-18x18.png Joe Royle football-18x18.png
Goals: John Dempsey football-18x18.png Peter Osgood football-18x18.png
Starting lineup:
GoalkeeperGordon West
DefenderTommy Wright
Central defenderRoger Kenyon
Central defenderJohn Hurst
Full backSandy Brown
MidfielderAlan Ball
MidfielderColin Harvey
MidfielderHoward Kendall
Outside LeftJohn Morrissey
ForwardJoe Royle
Forward/MidfielderAlan Whittle
Starting lineup:
GoalkeeperTommy Hughes
Defender/Right backPaddy Mulligan
DefenderDave Webb
DefenderJohn Dempsey
Centre halfMarvin Hinton
MidfielderAlan Hudson
MidfielderCharlie Cooke
MidfielderJohn Hollins
MidfielderPeter Houseman
Centre forwardIan Hutchinson
ForwardPeter Osgood

1 comments

European football again, either CL or EL, and a good run in the FA Cup

Still think 8th, following the reevaluation back in November. There are still a lot of points to pick up and a decent run of 3-4 wins on the bounce will throw things wide open again. Just need that run to start!

In all honestly, they're more similar than people think. Both unbelievably stubborn, apparently have their favourites, weird substitutions, etc. In a perfect world, I'd have them working side by side but there is no way either personality would allow that to happen. Moyes was strict, disciplined but too cautious. Martinez is too blazé for my liking, doesn't seem to know how mix discipline with encouraging the young talents.

Noone at the moment, we're concentrating on stability I think more than attacking.

Pretty much every one :D Willian is on form, Oscar is a menace, Hazard is up there with Messi for me. At least Costa is out for the game and I'm really hoping the rumours of Fabregas coming back against us are wrong.

Score prediction?

Chelsea 4 - Everton 2

Its only the games of the last 10 years really, for obvious reasons, and even then its mainly the cup games.

Hope everything is ok, wish you all the best :)

Thank you

Lower league finish than last year, good run in a cup, some progression in the Europa League. So far, we've managed 2/3. With the other one not ever happened.

Finish 11th, will get through the next round of the Europa League and get knocked out in the following round.

Moyes - Organised, tough, workman like in effort but the players not necessarily up to technical ability. Scraped wins and moaned about everything.

Martinez - Not organised, free flowing (somewhat boring possession football), positive attitude, terrible at substitutions but have technical players at his disposal, just doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of them.

John Stones. Won't be anyone attacking wise, because to be quite frank, we're terrible in attack (even though we have the personnel). Stones because he'll make it difficult for you to get past.

Hazard. Remy. Ivanovic. Courtouis.

Score prediction?

Chelsea 3 - 1 Everton

First one I remember watching fully was when Everton beat Chelsea is 98', i think it was 3-1. Others, has to be either Cahill Over-head kick in 89th minute in 07' for me. Crazy scenes.

Wishing you a speedy recovery bud .

Thank you

6th in the league and a decent cup run (instead of which we go out in the first stage of both for the first time in our history)

9th/10th. Europa is anyone's guess, I think there are probably twelve teams that could win it and we're one of them. Draw will be all important, I don't expect us to win it but it'd be nice to get into last four

All been said above really; Moyes had run his course and Roberto has gone from deity to pariah in a few short months. He's neither obviously, some want him gone but I think he'll turn things round.

All of them (unless McGeady plays in which case just the other ten) :).

We fear nobody :unsure:.

Score prediction?

Don't normally predict until I see the team; but it'll be different from Goodison. You won't score six and we won't score three; all logic suggests a home win but our defence is much more solid and organised of late, heart says 1-0 Everton with a late Jermaine Beckford-esque breakaway by Mo Besic, head says 2-0 Chelsea.

Really struggling to remember the first one, would've been with my dad at Stamford Bridge (in the late 60s) because I'm a southerner. LIved in Wimbledon for ten years from 1985 so went to all the matches at the Bridge then but was hitting the beer pretty hard at the time so the games are a bit of a blur :lol:. Main memory is the fact that the police would never let me cross the bridge to the Wimbledon bound platform at Putney Bridge station because I was being herded with the rest of the Everton fans back to Euston. Used to have to go up to West Brompton, get off and come home from there.

Thank you

Off topic but just thought I'd mention it. I saw Leeds United beat Chelsea 2 - 0 at Elland Road in the early 1960's. Albert Johanesson scored both goals. Also saw Peter Osgood play at Elland Road in his first season at Chelsea, I think he was only about 18 at the time. Used to drink occasionally with Peter Osgood in the Red Lion at Oakley Green (nr Windsor) after he retired.

Cornish Steve:

Everton v Chelsea, 28 March 1970
Score 5-2 to Everton Competition League Division One Venue Goodison Park Attendance 57,828

View Everton v Chelsea head to head

Goals: Alan Whittle football-18x18.png Alan Ball football-18x18.png Howard Kendall football-18x18.png Joe Royle football-18x18.png Joe Royle football-18x18.png
Goals: John Dempsey football-18x18.png Peter Osgood football-18x18.png
Starting lineup:
GoalkeeperGordon West
DefenderTommy Wright
Central defenderRoger Kenyon
Central defenderJohn Hurst
Full backSandy Brown
MidfielderAlan Ball
MidfielderColin Harvey
MidfielderHoward Kendall
Outside LeftJohn Morrissey
ForwardJoe Royle
Forward/MidfielderAlan Whittle
Starting lineup:
GoalkeeperTommy Hughes
Defender/Right backPaddy Mulligan
DefenderDave Webb
DefenderJohn Dempsey
Centre halfMarvin Hinton
MidfielderAlan Hudson
MidfielderCharlie Cooke
MidfielderJohn Hollins
MidfielderPeter Houseman
Centre forwardIan Hutchinson
ForwardPeter Osgood

1 comments

Thanks for that.

Ball, Harvey, and Kendall. There's a midfield trio for you! Now we have McCarthy, Besic, and Barkley - and they could aspire to the same greatness.

Top 4

13th

Moyes could develope nomarks into a good side....Martinez I am not sure about yet

Lukaku will want to make a point

Who do you worry about in their team

entire team

Score prediction?

Chelsea 4 Everton 0

Ftrst game I saw when we returned to Liverpool was Everton 3 Chelsea 1 about 1967 I remember Latchford in his 30 goal season destroying their defence

Get well soon mate

http://www.cfclatest.com/2015/02/11/chelsea-v-everton-opposition-fans-view/

Sorry that i could not use all the views that your posters kindly shared. Thank you to all who contributed. Had to tidy one or two things up so it flowed better and did not look like a serious of questions. Have been very faithful to the posters views and of course respectful towards Everton.

All the very best.

http://www.cfclatest.com/2015/02/11/chelsea-v-everton-opposition-fans-view/

Sorry that i could not use all the views that your posters kindly shared. Thank you to all who contributed. Had to tidy one or two things up so it flowed better and did not look like a serious of questions. Have been very faithful to the posters views and of course respectful towards Everton.

All the very best.

I like the anonymity of Cyber Steward :P