IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Don’t care about previous.

Everton record.

1 Appearance 1 Assist.

Of he can keep up performances like that then I will be happy. 

As for getting and paying for top players Bill. It would be great if we could and I agree we should be aiming for them. But it’s bit all about money with them, it’s about prestige and champions league.

We matched any wage that Chelsea or Man U offered Lukaku, but he wanted to play for a prestige team and experience the CL. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

2017–18 season

With the scores tied at 1–1 after normal time, Walcott converted his kick as Arsenal beat Chelsea 4–1 on penalties to win the 2017 Community Shield.[131] By October, he was increasingly on the fringes at Arsenal,[132][133] and put in a poor performance when made captain for the 2–1 League Cup victory at home to Championship side Norwich City.[134]

think he only made a few sub appearances after that.

I didn't expect you to start cherry-picking, Bill. Walcott has been a good player for Arsenal, won trophies and played at the highest level. A goal ratio of 1 in 4 isn'tttt bad from a winger with injury issues; 108 in 397 games. 

I hear what you are saying Matt but he has been playing solidly since he was 16, you tend to be past your best when some others who started later are just coming to their best.  Certainly not cherry picking it's happened to Rooney, it happened to Michael Owen to name two. He's past his best I think most of the games he has played this season have been in weakened sides for league cup games.

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hear what you are saying Matt but he has been playing solidly since he was 16, you tend to be past your best when some others who started later are just coming to their best.  Certainly not cherry picking it's happened to Rooney, it happened to Michael Owen to name two. He's past his best I think most of the games he has played this season have been in weakened sides for league cup games.

He's only 28 though, Bill. 

I meant cherry-picking with the sentence you highlighted. I think we'll get another 2 good seasons out of him after this one, provided he can stay fit.

Only 28 !! If he had played solidly from when he was 20 he would now be 32. The body is not a machine Matt, you can replace parts of a machine, but you can only repair the body, injuries take a toll on you over a long period and there comes a stage when the repair is not good enough. 

His body is worn and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him in the medical room more times than on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Only 28 !! If he had played solidly from when he was 20 he would now be 32. The body is not a machine Matt, you can replace parts of a machine, but you can only repair the body, injuries take a toll on you over a long period and there comes a stage when the repair is not good enough. 

His body is worn and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him in the medical room more times than on the pitch.

As someone who has broken bones and torn more ligaments and tendons than I care to remember, including a broken hip at 16, I know how much of a toll it can take. However, if you have specialized equipment and day to day care from people at the pinnacle of their fields, the "repair" can get the person back to the same levels as before (injury dependent).  If not, then the player can be trained to augment their game to prolong their career. 

28 he should be hitting his peak, even if he did start early and have injuries. Though I think his days as an out and out pace machine are numbered, he's got good feet and creative, and could potentially move behind the striker one day.

1 hour ago, Makis said:

You mean other players start their careers at 20?

Now don't be silly, every player is not playing regularly for a top club at 16.

Vardy didn't come good till very late in life, he will last longer than Walcott.

I honestly don't see the the reasoning behind this transfer, we had an equally good winger in Lennon, we replace him with Walcott but it's cost us £20m. !!

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Now don't be silly, every player is not playing regularly for a top club at 16.

Vardy didn't come good till very late in life, he will last longer than Walcott.

I honestly don't see the the reasoning behind this transfer, we had an equally good winger in Lennon, we replace him with Walcott but it's cost us £20m. !!

I really liked Lennon, but he's not a patch on Walcott. 

Lennon - 483 apps, 40 goals, 1 league cup win. 21 apps or England

Walcott - 422 apps 113 goals for club, 47 apps and 8 goals for England. Plus 2 FA Cups, 2 Community Shields (yeah ok, that's a stretch :lol:

23 hours ago, Bill said:

You can only have seen Walcott once in an Everton shirt, you might be very disappointed in 3 months time.

I'm also going to stop now cos I've already  misled this thread once.

What's the last time Lennon scored a goal? Walcott is now 1+1 after less than two hours.

• 3 months later...