IGNORED

Sunderland (Home)

markjazzbassist

Fair enough. I infer that you think the young players I listed are, collectively and individually, a strong group, not overrated, needing a couple of new and very talented newcomers to provide consistency, fluid attacking, and goals. Your "aaaaaaaaand" does admit a note of caution, as that's a big concern.

I was altogether enthusiastic at Roberto's hiring, impressed with his encyclopaedic football mind, and of course convinced 12 months ago that he might well fulfill his promise of CL. I'm perhaps overreacting to this season's collapse and deflating inconsistency. I'm willing, and earlier in the season inclined, to blame our inconsistency on all those injuries; but gradually I thought I was seeing larger flaws in players and in Roberto's bizarre decisions. Maybe the Eto'o and Distin and Mirallas (and now Garbutt) episodes undercut my previous assumption that such nonsense couldn't happen at Everton, a "different club.". On a few disconcerting occasions, they looked an indifferent club.

Who leaves, who stays, who arrives? -- the compelling storyline this summer. (Unless Fair Play .......)

Damn right theres caution mate, it all depends on Martinez learning and adapting quickly! A thesaurus wouldn't go amiss either....

Who stays, leaves etc. I made my wishlist here>

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27059-summer-transfers-who-goes-and-who-comes-in/

I can't fathom how anyone sees us as a good side? We're awful. The addition of two "top" players may help.... But we can't dare lose anyone if that bares fruit.

I honestly have very little optimism, every game it disintegrates more and more

Edited by MC11

Guest rusty747

Our approach play v Sunderland wasn't too bad - not great but not too bad. But we didn't create anywhere near enough clear chances, and those that we did were badly missed. Same story at the back really. We looked ok apartfrom gifting them possession and a goal.

We must learn to take our chances and Stones must learn when to playand when to get rid. And none of this rubbish about him only being 20. Ray Wilkins and Tony Adams were Captains of Chelsea and Arsenal at that age.

Biggest thing we are missing is not a big squad, it's a winning mentality!