IGNORED

Middlesbrough - League Cup Quarter final

MikeO

Guest rusty747

What absolute drivel. I could understand if he constantly gave the ball away near our 18 yard box but he doesn't. On top of that he's made no defensive errors so far (squawka stats) - yet this is something to be expected from any centre half in world football. It happens.

Both Jagielka and Mori like a punt up field.... No idea where it's come from that he can't pass. He's been great and 83% is no better or worse than the majority of the squad.

People need to stop looking for faults, for me he's looking like a regular already.

Ok, you are entitled to your opinion of course.

I just feel that Stones, brilliant though he can be, still needs to learn when to pass short, when it's ok to try to beat a man, when he should go long and when the ball needs to be put into row z. His passing is generally very good, but imho, on the occasions that it isn't there are more chances of us conceding as a result.

I think he is improving but that it is an area of his game that still needs work.

Mori has been a revelation. Still adapting of course but I am very happy with him. Jags is going to have a hard time pushing for his place back but what a great situation that is for us with so much strength in depth now.

Edited by rusty747