IGNORED

Middlesbrough - League Cup Quarter final

MikeO

City's name already written on the cup.

They are playing strong teams and taking it seriously but will other commitments dilute that? Not sure how the draws fall in relation to the Champs League; but I'd rather avoid them as far as possible, unless it's in the final.

They are playing strong teams and taking it seriously but will other commitments dilute that? Not sure how the draws fall in relation to the Champs League; but I'd rather avoid them as far as possible, unless it's in the final.

Agreed, anything can happen in the cup! With the quality and squad depth they've got it's hard to look past them!

Guest rusty747

We certainly need our strongest team out for this game. And on current form, that means Robles in goal. We are 2 games from a Wembley final. Can you imagine the backlash if RM put out a weakened side and we got beat. I don't think he would survive that.

For that reason alone, I think he will play our strongest available eleven.

Edited by rusty747

I think this match will be played the evening of either Tues 12/1 or Wed 12/2.

Everton play away to Bournemouth on Sat 11/28 and home to Crystal Palace on Mon eve 12/7.

Thus, I suppose the (marginally?) better option for Everton would be to play at Middlesbrough on Wed eve 12/2.

Yes?

Ours is on Tuesday the 1st. Edited by Romey 1878

MJB will be absolutely gutted he can't start this matchday thread :lol:.

MikeO should have deferred to mjb, as we do not play a club called "Middlesborough." I'm confident mjb would have avoided MikeO's appalling gaffe. All this talk of "Boro" just leads to trouble.

Ours is on Tuesday the 1st.

So we miss out on the extra day of rest after playing away to Bournemouth, but as Middlesbrough play on Fri 12/4, probably unfair to them to play on 12/2.

full strength

I wonder whether Roberto will have to rotate the starters somewhat from Sat aft match to Tues eve match, both away. Enough rest after Cup match, but not as much as is preferable leading into Cup match.

or Roberto out.

Only after MikeO goes.

MikeO should have deferred to mjb, as we do not play a club called "Middlesborough." I'm confident mjb would have avoided MikeO's appalling gaffe. All this talk of "Boro" just leads to trouble.

So we miss out on the extra day of rest after playing away to Bournemouth, but as Middlesbrough play on Fri 12/4, probably unfair to them to play on 12/2.

I wonder whether Roberto will have to rotate the starters somewhat from Sat aft match to Tues eve match, both away. Enough rest after Cup match, but not as much as is preferable leading into Cup match.

Only after MikeO goes.

good questions. honestly i would put the backups in the premier league match and have our starters full strength for the cup. man city is the only scary team, the rest are winnable on our day. i think RM should make this match the priority.

but that's just me, i want a trophy and don't see us doing well in the league so even before the season i said go all in for League and FA cup.

Matt edited the title of the thread when he moved it; when I started it in General Everton it was just called, "Carling Cup Quarter final" so take your groundless accusations elsewhere :shaking fist:.

My grammer is fawltless.

Matt edited the title of the thread when he moved it; when I started it in General Everton it was just called, "Carling Cup Quarter final" so take your groundless accusations elsewhere :shaking fist:.

My grammer is fawltless.

also it's no longer the carling cup, it's the capital one cup or league cup.

dammit you guys need to just let me rule this sub-forum :shaking fist: :shaking fist:

I think this match will be played the evening of either Tues 12/1 or Wed 12/2.

Everton play away to Bournemouth on Sat 11/28 and home to Crystal Palace on Mon eve 12/7.

Thus, I suppose the (marginally?) better option for Everton would be to play at Middlesbrough on Wed eve 12/2.

Yes?

By the way, on this side of the pond we put the 'day' first and the 'month' second. ie 1st December = 1/12. Couldn't work out what the 11th of the 28th month was. :rofl: