IGNORED

Middlesbrough - League Cup Quarter final

MikeO

that's exactly what i said, i'll flip my lid if he plays!! way past it and only thing he's worth now is a up 4-0 10 min cameo.

I'd be completely content to see him in the starting XI tomorrow personally. Definitely the type of game where he can make a big contribution.

Underrated and undervalued by much of the fan-base for his entire career imo.

I'd be completely content to see him in the starting XI tomorrow personally. Definitely the type of game where he can make a big contribution.

i always like leon and thought he was great, but this year no thanks. we have a lot more quality and depth, just a sub for me. i guess we'll see what RM thinks tomorrow, massive game for him I think, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and win a trophy or get CL like he told Bill he would. I really hope we have a go tomorrow :)

If we played the way we do now 5 years ago, I think everyone would really have seen the player Leon is.

I feel this is stupidly naive of me to believe possible, but I would love to see RM field at least 2 of our natural wingers in this game. Credit to Kone, he's been good this season, but it kills me seeing Mirallas and Lennon on the bench each week given what the latter did for us at the back end of last season, and given what we all know Mirallas can do. The back 4 don't worry me, nor do our options at holding mid, but if I see Osman or Naismith named on the flank instead of Kev/Lennon/Geri I'm going to cry.

Guest rusty747

If Barry and McCarthy are unfit then Gibson and Besic for me. Kone needs a breather so an ideal opportunity for Mirallas to show what he can do. Gerry looks great so I would start him and sub him with Lennon early second half.

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Galloway/Baines

Gibson. Besic

Gerry Ross Mirallas

Rom

Subs. Howard Baines/Galloway Cleverley Kone. Naismith Osman Lennon

Now all I have to do is find a tv station in Luanda that will be showing the game.

Edited by rusty747

Baines has to come in for Galloway. Someone has to come in for Kone. Preferably Mirallas, but seeing as it's like he's given Roberto AIDS it'll probably be Lennon or Naismith (please god no!). Hopefully at least one of McCarthy and Barry is fit. If one or both are out they're the only changes I'd make, other than the one we know is happening with Robles coming in for the star fish.

If Naismith plays I hope it's up front rather than on a wing. As for Mirallas, he surely has to start.

The only plausible reason that Roberto didn't put Mirallas in on Saturday is that he was saving him for the start today. It was still idiotic, regardless of his reason. So, if he isn't starting today, I'm going to flip my lid.

Does everyone else have inside knowledge?

Why does Mirralas have to play?

Has been working really hard in training? Because he hasn't done much whenever he's came on to warrant a... Has to play...

Don't get me wrong I would love to see him start tonight. But if he doesn't then he doesn't.

He hasn't done enough for me with his opportunities to warrant a has to play.

I'm puzzled by Roberto's limited use of what he claims, and I believe, is Everton's solid squad depth.

I think we will win. But if Mirallas, Lennon, Naismith, and Gibson were starting in place of Cleverley, Deulofeu, Barkley, and Barry, I'd still think we're going to win. (Admittedly, we could lose with either lineup.) Barry's inclusion, given his even-minor injury, is just strange, particularly when Gibson has shown excellent passing in his limited opportunities.