IGNORED

Capital One Cup Semi-Final Draw

Serious issue, so serious question. I'd be interested in your and others' opinions about which of the following do and which don't make the grade. Can we stipulate that making the grade means occasional starts and regular 20-30 minute appearances as subs?

Mirallas, Lennon, Cleverley, Naismith, Gibson, Besic, Browning, Osman, Oviedo, Pienaar, Hibbert, Howard, Robles.

McGeady, Osman, Pienaar, Gibson, Hibbert, Oviedo. Im talking about players who can come in and start if we have injuries to the main starters or if we need to rest a few before a big game i.e City game.

We have a better squad now no doubt but who comes in if Roms out for 2 months? We have 2 center backs fit with Jags out and only Coleman as a right back. Our squad is a good size but not to be able to rest a few players and field a side that you think is going to win.

We are on a good run of late due to our star men staying fit. we need 2-3 good additions to come in in January IMO.

* Naismith bar his hat trick has been poor.

Edited by milesey05

I work in Manchester and have been talking to a few city fans. Although they are now "too big" for the capital cup they are worried about us and a they think it's 50/50 I honestly think playing at home is better for us first. Get our noses in front first leg and if we are on a good run in the league confidence will be flowing. They are shite at the back as proven today hopefully silva will take a knock over the Xmas period because he is the man for them. Everything goes through him.

I work in Manchester and have been talking to a few city fans. Although they are now "too big" for the capital cup they are worried about us and a they think it's 50/50 I honestly think playing at home is better for us first. Get our noses in front first leg and if we are on a good run in the league confidence will be flowing. They are shite at the back as proven today hopefully silva will take a knock over the Xmas period because he is the man for them. Everything goes through him.

Agreed their CB are awful. Kompany is always injured, demichellis is old and past it, mangala otamendi not up to prem quality. Fullbacks aren't great either. Sagny is old, kolarov decent but mostly in attack, clichy just never sees game time. If we go all out attack I think we can win.

to be fair he's been shite all season .

Agree he's been quiet, however yesterday he stuck out like a sore thumb. World class performance until he got injured. Stoke look like a they can up their game at any given time with that front three Edited by MC11