IGNORED

Capital One Cup Semi-Final Draw

That's going out on a limb a bit, sure most of us will want Man City FPLC.

i mean i guess at this point i'll take anyone, it's 2 legs and it's right after the busy holiday season so City could phone it in if CL and Prem are more important. Injuries could mount for a side too. With a cup you gotta beat the bigs eventually.

i mean i guess at this point i'll take anyone, it's 2 legs and it's right after the busy holiday season so City could phone it in if CL and Prem are more important. Injuries could mount for a side too. With a cup you gotta beat the bigs eventually.

Not necessarily; in 1984 we beat Stoke, Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Notts County, Southampton and Watford to win the FA Cup :).

We're in a cup semi-final though; that's not happened too often recently. Got to be positive and enjoy the feeling (my "we'll lose" comment above is just psychology), we're within touching distance of a game at Wembley against Stoke, supporting your club is supposed to be fun! And we've got a better record against the PLC than we have against the other half.

Quietly confident; but we're bound to lose. Contradiction intended.

Looking at the fixtures in January City can play a full strength team against us.

In both games before the CIty fixtures we have home fixtures against Spurs and Swansea on the Sunday's. City play on Saturdays so I hope that old extra days rest isn't used as an excuse.

Our other 2 games in between the cup ties are City away and Chelsea away. Some decent signings are needed in January as our fringe players don't make the grade anymore.

# plus F.a cup 3rd round game.

Edited by milesey05

Some decent signings are needed in January as our fringe players don't make the grade anymore.

Serious issue, so serious question. I'd be interested in your and others' opinions about which of the following do and which don't make the grade. Can we stipulate that making the grade means occasional starts and regular 20-30 minute appearances as subs?

Mirallas, Lennon, Cleverley, Naismith, Gibson, Besic, Browning, Osman, Oviedo, Pienaar, Hibbert, Howard, Robles.

Serious issue, so serious question. I'd be interested in your and others' opinions about which of the following do and which don't make the grade. Can we stipulate that making the grade means occasional starts and regular 20-30 minute appearances as subs?

Mirallas, Lennon, Cleverley, Naismith, Gibson, Besic, Browning, Osman, Oviedo, Pienaar, Hibbert, Howard, Robles.

all are worthwhile except pienaar, hibbert, osman, howard. those can go, but the rest are work contributing to the squad. oviedo i think should go too, love him but injured too much.