IGNORED

Swansea City (Home) Sunday January 24

markjazzbassist

Why do 'beautiful football' and passion have to be mutually exclusive? The answer is they don't. I'm all for beautiful football but not at the expense of simply winning a mother fucking tackle. FFS I am so fucking sick of watching most of the team dick around with the other team in possession. I'm sorry but to me this is an issue with the players not the manager. I've never had a coach say dont try to dispossess the other team, dont stick a leg in to win the ball back. It's fucking bullshit and the players need to be called out for it. Oviedo thinks his leg is going to shatter if he makes a standing tackle. Stones will dive in all over the place but is completely unwilling to make a simple standing tackle. Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley, Rom FUCK OFF - complete joke defending. Being a 'forward' doesn't preclude you from making a tackle every now and again. You cant have a tiny portion of the team (Mori, Baines, Barry) willing to make a tackle and the other bunch not. Grow a fucking pair, win the fucking ball, and pass it away 'beautifully'.

Everyone always talks about how demanding and difficult the prem is. All that is is a measure of how badly each team wants to win. If you show up home or away and expect to win because you are more talented you will not win. Show up to the fucking park and put a fucking shift in and you will win. I dont give a flying fuck if we win 17-16, 10-9, 4-3, or 1-0. If you show up ready and willing to compete you will win more often than not, the scoreline is irrelevant.

We make this shit out to be rocket science and it isnt. Talent and team spirit equals trophies/wins. Talent and no team spirit equals mid table. No talent and team spirit equals mid table. No talent and no team spirit equals relegation. Look at the fucking table it is so fucking blatantly obvious. What do Leicester, Tottenham, West Ham have that we dont? A fucking set of nuts.

I have never taken a 'hiatus' from this team in my limited 7 years as a fan but if we dont put in a fucking shift against City i am done until the next derby. We dont need to win and we dont even need to advance. We need to show the fuck up, strap on our boots, bring out our lunch pails and outwork them. That work rate will be massively important the rest of the way even if it doesnt pay immediate dividends against City at their place.

Lastly, sell stones immediately for 40m or more. Have complete faith in jags/mori and 40m in transfer money more than any team with stones in it. And lay off Rom. He's been carrying the squad for two months, clearly exhausted.

Passion for the club, sadly lacking now. I hold up Timmy Cahill as recent example of heart on sleeve, die for the cause and there are many others too. As has been said Stones doesn't want to be here. Same probably goes for Rom and Kev. Team spirit is low and the useless management and coaching staff aren't fixing that.