IGNORED

Swansea City (Home) Sunday January 24

markjazzbassist

Stones needs dropping.

Needs a slap. He can knock those self righteous glares to the crowd on the head too.

Rom let us down today, gerry went nuts at him a couple of times and rightly so.

Gerry was brilliant I thought. A hungry committed striker like Shearer would have had 4 off him today.

Edited by Hafnia

'We need to take responsibility'

Everton 1-2 Swansea

Posted at 15:43

We played better in the second half but the first half was so wrong for a team like Everton. On Wednesday, we have a big, big game in the League Cup but in the Premier League the players need to take responsibility. Today was so bad for us.

The problem is that we need responsibility. We play at home and when at Goodison Park, we need to make it difficult place and not concede at home. We have conceded the most at home and that is not possible for us. Now is the most important half of the season, the final third and we need to get three points each week.

We were better in the second half, we created a lot, but we need to get to the first balls. My crosses are dangerous. Romelu Lukaku had two-three chances but it was unfortunate.

Gerard Deulofeu

Everton winger

Two chances created all game, team is a shambles. Ref done us no favours again, but the players should be fired up and fight harder. We're the softest team in the prem, not helped by refs being more lenient than in the past decade (which is a good thing). We've got the players just lack the attitude.

Many more than that, two shots on target doesn't = two chances.

Our best players today, in order: Deulofeu, Barry, Pienaar, Funes Mori, maybe Baines

Worst, in order: Stones, Lukaku, Barkley.

Deulofeu may be exhausted, both physically and emotionally. He could have had 3 assists or more. Lukaku is again having trouble controlling the ball, and unfortunately his most common move lately is hands on head after missing a good chance.

As for Barkley, I see his fine physical,talents, but it seems to me he's in love with his dribbling skills, to the detriment of powerful runs forward and actual shooting. He seems to want to impress people more than score goals.

Pienaar controlled the ball well, repeatedly. No idea whether he is capable of recovering by Wednesday. Ditto for Deulofeu.

I have to assume by Stones's body language several times in second half that he's thinking, "I don't want to be here."

This season has really pissed me off more than any other season I can remember to say it's one of the best squads we have had for years our defending is atrocious we just can't see out games players keeping three place in the team who have been shit all season and terrible individual errors we are seriously underachieving and I'm afraid it's down to martinez and he's stubbornness to not change the way we play

Passengers galore today. Rom and Ross the biggest culprits. Diabolical performances from the pair of them.

Angry beyond words by what I've sat through today.

You really have it out for Ross. Every match you slate him unless he scores a few. For you to single him out is insane: way worse players out there than him.

'We need to take responsibility'

Everton 1-2 Swansea

Posted at 15:43

We played better in the second half but the first half was so wrong for a team like Everton. On Wednesday, we have a big, big game in the League Cup but in the Premier League the players need to take responsibility. Today was so bad for us.

The problem is that we need responsibility. We play at home and when at Goodison Park, we need to make it difficult place and not concede at home. We have conceded the most at home and that is not possible for us. Now is the most important half of the season, the final third and we need to get three points each week.

We were better in the second half, we created a lot, but we need to get to the first balls. My crosses are dangerous. Romelu Lukaku had two-three chances but it was unfortunate.

Gerard Deulofeu

Everton winger

Good luck back at Barca, Geri, you deserve it.

Shouldn't it be the manager coming out saying this?

Gerry was the only player who seemed to give a crap! The second half we started brighter but then went back to taking our time and no tempo. I don't like drawing or losing but when the team plays well it's a bit better to take. We played poor at home today, no excuses. The team just looked like they couldn't give a crap. So frustrating!!

I have wanted Roberto gone for a long time but in this occasion this is down to the players. We have been crying out for 2 wingers to start it happened today. 2 unlucky injuries but that said we have more than enough cover to beat Swansea at home.

This loss is on the players not Roberto.

For those who want him him out like myself it's a when not if now.

Somebody says the phrase "this was the players fault not Martinez" on this forum every single game. Doesn't that say anything to you?

You really have it out for Ross. Every match you slate him unless he scores a few. For you to single him out is insane: way worse players out there than him.

He was shit. He doesn't have to score for me to say good things about him, he has to play well.

Singled out? Are blind or just thick? He's listed with Lukaku. That equals two for a start.

Somebody says the phrase "this was the players fault not Martinez" on this forum every single game. Doesn't that say anything to you?

Yes that person is normally me for a shoddy line up or bringing players on in the 89th minute to change the game.

We started with 10 internationals out their today with only Gerry being the under 21 int.

That team should have torn Swansea a new one.

Edited by milesey05

Guest rusty747

Is there a bit of a case for debating 'cause and effect' with regard to Stones?

Is he reluctantly complying with Martinez instructions, consequently losing the ball in dangerous positions and then reacting when he gets grief from the crowd for complying with instructions that he doesn't think are right?

Or,

Does he really think he is that good?

If it is the former, Martinez is a cunt. If it is the latter, Stones is a cunt!

Edited by rusty747

Yes that person is normally me for a shoddy line up or bringing players on in the 89th minute to change the game.

We started with 10 internationals out their today with only Gerry being the under 21 int.

That team should have torn Swansea a new one.

All 3 of our subs were full internationals too. Means nothing when your whole set up is ineffective.

He was shit. He doesn't have to score for me to say good things about him, he has to play well.

Singled out? Are blind or just thick? He's listed with Lukaku. That equals two for a start.

Neither, you list rom and Ross as your worst 2. Stones was the worst by a country mile. Then Lukaku, then Oviedo and cleverley for me. Barkley middle of the road with the likes of Mori.

Just think you got it out for him. Can't remember the last time you said a positive about him. I think your standards for him are too high, he's got upside but he's not there yet. But just how I see it.

Neither, you list rom and Ross as your worst 2. Stones was the worst by a country mile. Then Lukaku, then Oviedo and cleverley for me. Barkley middle of the road with the likes of Mori.

Just think you got it out for him. Can't remember the last time you said a positive about him. I think your standards for him are too high, he's got upside but he's not there yet. But just how I see it.

You think wrong.

Just watched Costa bury a low cross at the near post, 4 yards out. Hope Rom and Ross are watching, they both let Geri down today by failing to attack space like that.

Agree with this.

Surely now the players know that Geri will fizz balls in and around the 6 yard box?

Too often today Lukaku didn't anticipate this. He just ran in straight lines around the penalty spot area. Poor response from great service today.

Agree with this.

Surely now the players know that Geri will fizz balls in and around the 6 yard box?

Too often today Lukaku didn't anticipate this. He just ran in straight lines around the penalty spot area. Poor response from great service today.

I said this 2 years ago, I said it in the league cup game this season where Roms first half was a joke.

Let's face it. It's his mind/attitude.

I said this 2 years ago, I said it in the league cup game this season where Roms first half was a joke.

Let's face it. It's his mind/attitude.

He certainly had signs of last season about him. And it definately cannot be blamed on poor service!!!

This is his test now...how does he react when it doesn't quite go his way?

At the end if the day, we need him 'on song'!

Guest rusty747

Lets just get to 40 points and write the season off shall we.

We need a new spirit and a new attitude running through the club. It wont make any difference who we buy until that changes for the better.

Let's think about this shall we?

Most talented squad in forever and yet can't perform.

Who's to blame? Martinez

Who's the gutless prick for keeping him. Kenwright.

All boils down to Billy Liar. Had enough of it.

Martinez and Kenwright responsible for putting together our "most talented squad in forever" so sack them?

Or give the manager time (keep mentioning it but Carter/Kendall 1983 we were infinitely worse than we are now)?

Nah. I'm keeping the faith.

Ross was ok, first half he had to come deep to get the ball so his effectiveness was lessened.

Second half he played much better his passing was crisp and he kept moves going.

Granted he had 2 chances to shoot and didn't but that's due to confidence.

What he does so well is first he is always open for the ball, second he protects it very well, third he drives forward, drawing players onto him and creating space. Lastly his passing is great, granted it doesn't always come off but the vision is great for someone so young.

Loads of examples of him getting the ball driving up the pitch then playing the ball to a wide player.

Lukaku was poor but it just wasn't his day.

I don't know what it was today, we looked nervous and were trying to force things when we didn't need to, we gave Swansea 2 goals then just couldn't get the goals we needed. It just wasn't our day.