IGNORED

Swansea City (Home) Sunday January 24

markjazzbassist

Martinez and Kenwright responsible for putting together our "most talented squad in forever" so sack them?

Or give the manager time (keep mentioning it but Carter/Kendall 1983 we were infinitely worse than we are now)?

Nah. I'm keeping the faith.

If they can't perform it doesn't matter how talented they are. Gotta go sorry

If they can't perform it doesn't matter how talented they are. Gotta go sorry

So you'd have sacked Kendall in '83 and Moyes in '04 then obviously.

Martinez has sold his vision to the players that you yourself call our "most talented squad in forever" and they've bought into it.

Maybe we could get Massimo Cellino in charge so when we lose a few games we change the manager, that'd probably work.

Martinez has sold his vision to the players that you yourself call our "most talented squad in forever" and they've bought into it.

Maybe we could get Massimo Cellino in charge so when we lose a few games we change the manager, that'd probably work.

I'm questioning whether they have bought into his approach. We're a soft touch, there are no leaders on the pitch, we don't play like a team giving 110 per cent for shirt and manager. I have lost count of the times I have sat an watched us play in the past 12 months and wished we were putting in the same sort of shift the opposition were. It's that more than anything that infuriates me.

My memory doesn't quite reach 1983 and Moyes has never had the players at his disposal Martinez has.

My memory doesn't quite reach 1983 and Moyes has never had the players at his disposal Martinez has.

That's not the point though. 90% of Evertonians wanted Kendall out back then and our performances were infinitely more dire than they are today. What would've happened if the fans had had their way and he'd been sacked? Almost certainly no "golden era".

Today it's a question of judgement from the board like it was back then and us fans are free to express our opinion either way. I may prove to be a cockwas in the future but for now I still believe we should keep the manager (as I did to much more derision than I'm getting here in 1983).

Plus why does Martinez have the players he does at his disposal?

We're back to this after his performances this season?! :rolleyes:

Ah right, is he allowed to put his flip flops on now?

Personally I thought his lack of commitment in the box was either laziness or cowardice.

The old hands on heads bollocks. I've been very appreciative of what he's done so well but he can get to fuck if he thinks he's earned enough credits to turn in shite like that.

We've had some pretty good displays this season, but someting IS wrong.

Problem with our three £50 million players is they are still young and learning, Stones, Lukaku and Barkley are the people that the players and fans are looking at to make things work.

Not that simple, Barkley just can't seem to settle and show his class, Lukaku needs better service and another years learning at his trade and Stones just doesn't seem to have his heart in it.All three on their day can be brilliant.

The huge price tags are causing pressure on all three situations, you''d have to be blind/stupid to not see the massive potential in these lads and probably they are worth the huge fees, but, if the team are looking at the superstars to pull them through a tough match and at the same time have an off day we'er in trouble, like today, and it shouldn't really have been that tough today.

Today was terrible to watch, I think it's going wrong on the training ground and with the coaches.

Massive potential, not just those three, but most of the squad.!We should be pushing or in the top 4.

We did have a bad start today, if Besics shot had gone in and he and Mirallas had stayed on, confidence I think would have kicked in.Kick in the teeth those three things, then dodgy pass back (penalty)....hand ball then wicked deflection all added to a crap day.

Pity the fans, that was painfull.

That's not the point though. 90% of Evertonians wanted Kendall out back then and our performances were infinitely more dire than they are today. What would've happened if the fans had had their way and he'd been sacked? Almost certainly no "golden era".

Today it's a question of judgement from the board like it was back then and us fans are free to express our opinion either way. I may prove to be a cockwas in the future but for now I still believe we should keep the manager (as I did to much more derision than I'm getting here in 1983).

Nice to read some sense. I agree with this as I've said previously.

Some of the players look very tired (Lukaku in particular). They try, but their form is not the best.

If Stones is a £50m players is definitely because of what he can become, not what he is now. He believed his own hype and this season he's nothing but average.

As this team seems to turn for the big games, let's see how they do against Manchester City.

Bottom line is I still love this team - I'd rather sit 12th and cheer for our Everton than to support those asscunts Chelsea or Man United shitballs. A few wins would be nice here and there but once a blue, always a blue.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Fuck you Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't question Martinez ability to attract players. He clearly has a good relationship with them and I can see why as he comes across as a lovely fella.

I think you argument is that we need to wait and see and I can see the logic of it. But in my eyes I've seen enough to prove to me that he's not good enough and there are far too many parallels with Wigan.

How long do we wait? My biggest fear is that the players get fed up and want to leave.

Time will tell I guess

I don't question Martinez ability to attract players. He clearly has a good relationship with them and I can see why as he comes across as a lovely fella.

I think you argument is that we need to wait and see and I can see the logic of it. But in my eyes I've seen enough to prove to me that he's not good enough and there are far too many parallels with Wigan.

How long do we wait? My biggest fear is that the players get fed up and want to leave.

Time will tell I guess

Indeed.

Bottom line is I still love this team - I'd rather sit 12th and cheer for our Everton than to support those asscunts Chelsea or Man United shitballs. A few wins would be nice here and there but once a blue, always a blue.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Fuck you Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

We're 5% from being great!

Well were already great as a club!

Ped is absolutely spot on here. Feel exactly like he does about the situation.

http://toffeetv.net/video-change-or-go-instant-match-reaction-everton-1-2-swansea-city/

Just watched, yeah he nails it. The home form is frightening considering teams used to hate playing at Goodison. Now it's a free 3 points for away sides.

Ped is absolutely spot on here. Feel exactly like he does about the situation.

http://toffeetv.net/video-change-or-go-instant-match-reaction-everton-1-2-swansea-city/

So spot on except for the part about giving Martinez until the end of the season. Why wait? For what? More draws, losses, and just MAYBE a win over the next 10 or so matches?

Think about this - if we had somebody else in here - anybody virtually - even if it was an interim like the Gus Hiddink situation, how much worse could it get? More draws or losses? We get that now.

Ah right, is he allowed to put his flip flops on now?

Personally I thought his lack of commitment in the box was either laziness or cowardice.

The old hands on heads bollocks. I've been very appreciative of what he's done so well but he can get to fuck if he thinks he's earned enough credits to turn in shite like that.

Who said that?

I've criticized his performance yesterday but after leading the line superbly more or less all season, and mostly on his own, he' no doubt knackered. Not that I think that is a valid excuse, but still.

You've been quiet about his attitude this season because he proved you wrong - 1 bad game and you're back on his case.

Who said that?

I've criticized his performance yesterday but after leading the line superbly more or less all season, and mostly on his own, he' no doubt knackered. Not that I think that is a valid excuse, but still.

You've been quiet about his attitude this season because he proved you wrong - 1 bad game and you're back on his case.

heres a few

Not the payroll for me - but was concerned that £28m was going to be too much money for a lad that was not performing well enough on a consistent basis - the fact that his inability to link up withy the midfield was leaving us exposed to the counter attack.

AT THAT TIME - I stand by that opinion. If you read back to my opinions of him - they stand up relevant to how he was playing.

With criticism I like to be constructive and my positives of him were that:- his finishing could not be questioned but his overall play was detrimental to the team. Attacks were breaking down and we were conceding goals 5 or 6 passes after the ball had bounced off him up front.

I stated clearly that IF he addressed these issues (which I honestly didnt think he could to the level that he has) then he could be a very good striker. In short we could not have a passenger up front who was just good for finishing moves.

I did actually say at the time that Kone would be a valuable strike partner for him (which was scoffed at) - due to his ability to do the things well that Rom wasnt good at - that is definately the case, moreso the fact that Rom seems to have learned more from Kone than he did from Eto.

I will keep an eye on him though when it comes to his "effort" levels. I do think he needs watching in this regard, but since the derby game his levels have been impressive - aside from Rom himself it is clear that his team mates and coaching staff deserve alot of credit. I do wonder what Big dunc has been doing - there seems to have been a marked improvement in how he prepares himself to receive the ball and how he jumps - far more balanced and deliberate.

And you have vehemently stuck behind him (even after some absolute shockers) which kinda was optimism.

My concern over his poor touch was actually replaced by his lack of interest and compounded the fact that his lack of ability in the technical area would not be improved whilst skulking round.

His breakout game was the Derby, I do think kone has been an absolute shot in the Arse for him.

I give credit where it's due, long may this spell continue into being his level.

Its almost like he has never had a spell of games where even his most ardent supporters were left somewhat "dissapointed and concerned"..... well thats not exactly true is it.....

Whatever happened before the Derby game has somewhat stayed with him. Lets not get all gooey and gloss over some pretty abysmal games lads, its still the same player and we can only hope the penny has dropped because I am not prepared to go down that route again.

If Rom vaults me then great - it means that he is putting shifts in - it means he has realised he isn't just in the team to be "johnny on the spot", it means that he realises that there is more to football than coasting through a match, not jumping, not using strength - just waiting for the perfect pass.

At the moment we have 2 p[layers with a chance of young player of the year - Rom and Gerry.

It's not age related, if he continues the way he has in the last 10 games he could be worth that at the end of the season.

If he reverts to a lacklustre Rom then clubs may not bother, consistency is key.

Romey laziness is not something that can be aimed at those other 2, they try things that dont work out.... Rom a lot of the time just doesn't try.

I watched MOTD 2 last night.

It was interesting to see Shearers opinion (for me he was the best all round physical striker I have seen). His opinion, was much similar to mine, he used the word "choose" and "penny dropped".

In doing that he highlighted how strong Rom "can be" when he is "angry" he is a handful.

This seems to have been a theme over the weekend, Souness picked up on it, Shearer did and hopefully his "sporadic" effort levels will become a thing of the past. He can no longer hide behind goal stats when people have seen how overall effective he can be.

As I say, it was his best game for us yet - long may it continue.

Matt, its the single biggest risk with the lad. Its glaringly obvious that some games and unfortuantely this tends to be more than just the odd one, he doesn't put any effort in. I'm being quick to jump on it because it there - its reared its head and needs sorting straight away.

I was disgusted by Kones performance against City and Roms against Swansea was bad, so lets say I am consistent.