IGNORED

FA cup quarterfinal draw

But we did "beat" them at the Bridge after Hiddink returned did we not (but for shite officiating)?

I agree they are a much harder prospect now than they were when we stuffed them early season, and they are now the bookies favourites for the Cup, but in a fair world we'd have six points off them in the league. And as has been said, they certainly won't be looking at the draw and jumping up and down with joy.

Agreed plus they have champs league with Paris to think about (down 2-1) as well. I think gUus will set them up to play which plays to our strength.

Edited by markjazzbassist

You can say this about every EFC match these days: but it can go either way. It all depends on who gets the nod and how much energy and verve we throw out there. Had Robles not saved the penalty yesterday, that match could've gone the other way easily. It all boils down to how bad the lads want it. Watching Rom yesterday, I'm not so sure about where his head is at TBH.

If Liverpool are eliminated from the Europa League next Thursday, I'm a little concerned that our postponed Feb 28 match with them will be rescheduled for Wed March 9. [both Everton and Liverpool will have their March 12-13 matches postponed, Everton because we play Chelsea in the Cup, and Liverpool because they were scheduled to play Chelsea that weekend.] If that happened, we'd probably play Chelsea on March 13. That would mean 4 matches in 13 days, and 3 in 9 days, in either case the last 2 being @Liverpool and home to Chelsea.

Actually, that would be an exciting 2 week stretch, and with Baines, Mirallas, and Deulofeu well-rested (........) and Besic back from injury, we have a squad strong enough.

Except that Roberto's list of "essential" players seems to grow -- Barry, McCarthy, Cleverley, Barkley, Lukaku, Coleman, Jagielka, Funes Mori, maybe Lennon. I trust Baines, Besic, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Gibson, maybe even Pienaar, even Stones (in a pinch), but there's no evidence that RM does. [Well, ok, Besic, sort of.] For all his gaseous blather about squad depth, Roberto is in a rut. He seems glaringly gaseous where Mirallas is concerned, and is apparently hiding Deulofeu from Barca's prying eyes. [i concede I've gone into loony conspiracy mode re Deulofeu's disappearance.] I'm an Oviedo enthusiast, but I'd prefer to see Baines start some matches, maybe with Pienaar.

So...... should I pull for the RS to make it to the next round of the EL? Help.

But we did "beat" them at the Bridge after Hiddink returned did we not (but for shite officiating)?

I agree they are a much harder prospect now than they were when we stuffed them early season, and they are now the bookies favourites for the Cup, but in a fair world we'd have six points off them in the league. And as has been said, they certainly won't be looking at the draw and jumping up and down with joy.

All very true Mike and I am not saying it's an insurmountable challenge, i am merely disputing the claim that they are a shite side