Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

It's... It's almost as if the benefits for the public were a complete lie! Im shocked, considering who was pushing for it (and where they all are now). Of course, this is all the EUs fault and nothing to do with lies and incompetence of 50+ years of greed-fuelled, self serving cheats of the British governments.

Still, we got our "sovereignty" back. Anyone know what that means yet?

7 hours ago, Matt said:

It's... It's almost as if the benefits for the public were a complete lie! Im shocked, considering who was pushing for it (and where they all are now). Of course, this is all the EUs fault and nothing to do with lies and incompetence of 50+ years of greed-fuelled, self serving cheats of the British governments.

Still, we got our "sovereignty" back. Anyone know what that means yet?

Shame you couldn’t ask Rusty nail, before we left he had plenty of reasons for us leaving, but when and they didn’t materialise he then took on the sovereignty card for leaving, which as far as I can make out is an emotional response that can’t be quantified. 

On 08/02/2024 at 07:39, Matt said:

This shit is exactly why I keep going on about it. My life was stolen because of people like this who had no idea what they were voting for but needed someone to blame. I will never accept it. 

Matt I’m keen to know how your life was stolen honestly 

54 minutes ago, patto said:

Matt I’m keen to know how your life was stolen honestly 

I'll give you the very short version...

I was living in Switzerland, which isn't part of the EU but had a special deal to prioritise EU citizens above non-EU citizens looking for work. For 15 years I lived and travelled around Europe for work, from when I was 23 until 37. So my entire grown up life had been established and defined by living abroad. 

Once Brexit passed, a vote I was refused to take part in along with millions of other expats, that pool of opportunity disappeared and when my final contract expired, the only place I could find work was back in the UK. So I uprooted my wife and daughter (who had only know Europe), brought them back only for the border force dickheads to try to deport my wife which has cost me around £10k so far and will cost me at least another £5k in the next several years - all that despite her being married to a British national, with a British national child and married in Britain on a British marriage licence 10 years prior (at that point). I was only 2 years of being eligible for a Swiss passport at the time too.

All based on lies which people for some reason gobbled up. That's the very short version. I went from living and working in a much more peaceful and progressive environment back to the Wirral which seems to have regressed back to the 80s. Based on lies and being refused a vote along with roughly 3m other expats.

On 10/02/2024 at 08:05, Matt said:

I'll give you the very short version...

I was living in Switzerland, which isn't part of the EU but had a special deal to prioritise EU citizens above non-EU citizens looking for work. For 15 years I lived and travelled around Europe for work, from when I was 23 until 37. So my entire grown up life had been established and defined by living abroad. 

Once Brexit passed, a vote I was refused to take part in along with millions of other expats, that pool of opportunity disappeared and when my final contract expired, the only place I could find work was back in the UK. So I uprooted my wife and daughter (who had only know Europe), brought them back only for the border force dickheads to try to deport my wife which has cost me around £10k so far and will cost me at least another £5k in the next several years - all that despite her being married to a British national, with a British national child and married in Britain on a British marriage licence 10 years prior (at that point). I was only 2 years of being eligible for a Swiss passport at the time too.

All based on lies which people for some reason gobbled up. That's the very short version. I went from living and working in a much more peaceful and progressive environment back to the Wirral which seems to have regressed back to the 80s. Based on lies and being refused a vote along with roughly 3m other expats.

Sounds very stressful are you working in the uk now ?

28 minutes ago, patto said:

Sounds very stressful are you working in the uk now ?

On the Wirral the last 3 years now, from home. 

It was very stressful, a major contribution that led me to burnout and put me in hospital which had other repercussions. A decade of hard work undone because people believed Boris fucking Johnson had their best interests at heart...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

On the Wirral the last 3 years now, from home. 

It was very stressful, a major contribution that led me to burnout and put me in hospital which had other repercussions. A decade of hard work undone because people believed Boris fucking Johnson had their best interests at heart...

So sorry for the position you are in. 
there’s a guy sits behind me he goes to Europe teaching at the moment though I think he works in wales but he has worked in Europe in the last year. 

25 minutes ago, patto said:

So sorry for the position you are in. 
there’s a guy sits behind me he goes to Europe teaching at the moment though I think he works in wales but he has worked in Europe in the last year. 

Oh it's still possible, it's just a lot harder. Before I accepted the job to come back here, I had an offer to move to Austria which was nearly ready to sign until they had to pull the offer because of the uncertainty around the regulations at the time. That was 5 years ago, the muddy water is a little clearer now.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Formby said:

You're not impressed that they've managed to 'largely replicate' the EU trade agreements we had before with Mexico, Israel, Switzerland and South Korea?    

Well, now we get special prices on lamb too. Just as well, sheep are so hard to come by over here...

32 minutes ago, Formby said:

You're not impressed that they've managed to 'largely replicate' the EU trade agreements we had before with Mexico, Israel, Switzerland and South Korea?    

We've managed to get deals that are only slightly worse than the ones we had previously?

..and yet the remoaners still complain🙄 (can someone pass me another slice of yummy sovereignty please, bread's a little rich for my budget).

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

We've managed to get deals that are only slightly worse than the ones we had previously?

..and yet the remoaners still complain🙄 (can someone pass me another slice of yummy sovereignty please, bread's a little rich for my budget).

Come on now. Its oven ready, we're going to conquer the world with trade deals. Doesn't matter that to any investors looking to make a deal will know we're only in the deal if we're happy and will back out if not so probably not the most reliable partner. But I guess we can mitigate that by underselling ourselves to seem more appealing...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

We are going to have to stop these Brexit posts, as an ardent supporter of remain all these reminders of how the Brexiteers have fucked me over is starting to mess with my head. 
And I’m starting to have dark thoughts of severe retribution towards these Zombies 🧟 like Charles Bronson in Death Wish, I quite fancy being a vigilante hunting down Brexiteers 😂

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are going to have to stop these Brexit posts, as an ardent supporter of remain all these reminders of how the Brexiteers have fucked me over is starting to mess with my head. 
And I’m starting to have dark thoughts of severe retribution towards these Zombies 🧟 like Charles Bronson in Death Wish, I quite fancy being a vigilante hunting down Brexiteers 😂

I'll hold your coat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...