IGNORED

Spurs

Finn balor

We played well for 60 minutes yesterday then ran out of steam. It's glaringly obvious we need another striker because when Lukaku is out there's literally nothing offered up front. Kone was abysmal when he came on, Geri was knackered at 60 Mirallas looked decent all game, and McCarthy done well in a wing back roll. Felt sorry for him tbh he bombed on loads and never got slotted in once, he looked frustrated to fuck at times.

I'll be honest I thought we'd get beat easily yesterday but we played well and I was pleasantly surprised at hom compact and fluent we looked.

We were probably at 70% fitness last season all season anyway!

The difference is that under Martinez we were strolling around passing side to side and not pushing anywhere near as hard when we didn't have the ball. Koeman wants us pressing high with all players looking to press to win the ball back, that takes a lot of fitness, especially if you haven't got the ball a lot which from the stats it looks like we weren't on top possession wise. Barcelona press like that but they also have the ball 60% of the time at least so get more of a break.

Hopefully we can pick up at least 4 (ideally 6) in the next 2 games before the international break then will have a bit of time for the non internationals to put in a few extra fitness sessions to finish off the fitness process that they'll have been working on between now and then.

Can't complain at a draw against last season's 3rd place finishers who were league contenders all the way through the season. We might always have pretty close games with them anyway but it's a decent result considering it's in theory the hardest team we'll play until October.

I wasn't impressed by our midfield once again. Idrissa looked as another backup to me, not a cracker. We need a proper centre half, who knows how to operate with the ball. Baines was the most creative player in our side.

Edited by Haiku

I wasn't impressed by our midfield once again. Idrissa looked as another backup to me, not a cracker. We need a proper centre half, who knows how to operate with the ball. Baines was the most creative player in our side.

Come on Leighton, that's harsh.

Cp5VpGdWgAAhofB.jpg

Edited by Lowensda