IGNORED

Spurs

Finn balor

Well I will take that result but it's been an anti-climax losing the lead like that.

I hate scoring early, but most of us would have taken a draw at 3.00 so not too disappointed; shame we didn't convert one or two more chances in the first half though. Seeds of recovery are there.

Happy with a draw, although a little disappointed we never had a bigger lead in the first half, however under Martinez we wouldn't have held on. Fitness clearly being our down fall and will be addressed.

Gana clearly the fittest player in the pitch, which confirms what we already knew about Martinez's regime.

Substitutions were a little odd, and didn't really change the game.

Ultimately I see improvements from the Roberto era. They played well in the first half, but need better quality finishing. Fitness seems to be an issue - as everybody knows - so hopefully this can kick this team up a few notches. I see an improvement in the defense, but its what up front that worries me. I'm sorry but Kone is next-to-worthless, and without Lukaku up front we are lacking. We can't be dependent on one player either, so this is the part that worries me. If Barca loses Suarez or Neymar for a few matches, largely it goes unnoticed, but missing Rom up front is a big deal imo.

The other part is that although we showed improvements in areas, we can also see our limitations as a team at the moment. We looked gassed in the second half and aside from a few chances, we were out played. If we want to maintain a chance for the top 5, its moments like this second half that are going to add up when we look at out point tally. Maybe I am over-analyzing, but these are subtle signs that separates the men from the boys. Overall I'm happy that we got a point against a (supposed) great team, but I'm sure that Koeman feels the same way I do and wants to make improvements in all of these areas so we can maintain a very high level of quality throughout 90 minutes, not just 45.

So impressed with the first half. At half time I was very happy, if not a little disappointed we were only 1 ahead.

Second half we rarely threatened to get out of our own half.

Once Koeman has a few more of his players in there and we get 100% fit I don't think we have too much to worry about.

Big shout out for Gueye. He looks an absolutely bargain and like he'll be one of our most important players this season.

There were certainly signs of promise in that performance albeit Koeman was pretty accurate with his 70% fit comments because it was around then (and the Spurs sub) that we started to wobble.

I didn't think anyone of the starting 11 had a bad game, albeit we probably lacked some cutting edge as we could have had it almost wrapped up by the break.

The subs that came on were a bit ropy. Lennon had little or no influence on the game and whilst he had his uses under Martinez I dont see how he fits in to Koeman's set up. Kone came on and did ok but he isnt the player you want leading the line on his own. He can still do a job as a part of a two but not on his own. Cleverly didnt really get involved.

Of the new boys Stekelenberg produced some really good stops and likewise Gueye was tireless in midfield always nibbling at the opposition. He is a more mobile McCarthy, who himself did a good job on the right considering.

I don't know who I would have as MOTM as no-one stamped their authority on the game, maybe Geri?

Also please stop giving Koeman the excuse of not having the players fit enough because of Martinez. The bulk of the starting line up had plenty of time this summer to get up to speed and the buck stops with him for that failure. I would understand it if the excuse was used mid season but not with the preparation we have had. Gueye looked the fittest of the lot but that was mainly because he is genetically the most likely to need the least work and even he was flagging at the end.

Decent result considering we have a few missing the two new boys and Holgate all played well

We definitely need another striker my arse falls out when I see Kone coming on if we want to crack on we need better

All in all happy we looked more solid at the back Gueye looks like a real pain in the arse for the opposition onto every ball and player... Encouraging

The thing that stood out for me was our midfield. If we turned it over, they were obviously told to aggressively work to get it back immediately. We were less passive than I had ever seen under RM. I was skeptical of Gueye initially, but he was my MOTM. I also enjoyed Geri and Mirallas working together--it was always clear they were too talented not to be on the pitch.

Fitness is obviously an issue. I think RK is demanding more out of them than RM did, so it may take some time. We also need another striker. While I love Rom, I don't see him fitting in. He's going to have to work much harder than I've seen him work to fit in to the system.

Geri looked active and dangerous; just has to finish better. I initially thought he'd struggle with the physicality leading the line, but I thought he was fine.

There's lots on the positive side of the ledger. Not enough for full satisfaction, but in the opener I'd much rather draw Spurs than newly promoted sides like we did the past two seasons.