IGNORED

winter food

rubecula

Never had the Complan Mike, what is it like?

Just got back from my dad's in Liverpool. at least he still has an appetite. Nearly ate my arm when I put his food in front of him :rofl:

Oh well I know where I get it from anyway. Of all foods I have tried there is only one I can not eat (as opposed to will not eat) and that is cucumber, if it has even been on the plate I can tell. No idea why but it makes me violently ill. Apart from that just stick it on a plate and I will have a go.

Rubes, as far as I'm concerned, for cucumber read garlic. Can't stand it, makes me ill just thinking about it.

Favourite ever, but nothing with coconut in so that rules out anything Thai. Remember the first Indian I went for, thirty-five odd years ago and it was a "road to Damascus" moment. When I lived in London I'd be in my local 3/4 times week! Now we have a brilliant takeaway two miles down the road; it's a rare treat but I still love it. Weird one because although I don't actually taste it properly my brain (and my family) tell me how good it is is so my brain tells me it's great, and also it looks superb so "eating with the eye" comes into it.

Favourite ever, but nothing with coconut in so that rules out anything Thai. Remember the first Indian I went for, thirty-five odd years ago and it was a "road to Damascus" moment. When I lived in London I'd be in my local 3/4 times week! Now we have a brilliant takeaway two miles down the road; it's a rare treat but I still love it. Weird one because although I don't actually taste it properly my brain (and my family) tell me how good it is is so my brain tells me it's great, and also it looks superb so "eating with the eye" comes into it.

brilliant Mike. I started eating it in the forces and loved it ever since.

Never had the Complan Mike, what is it like?

Missed this Rubes; it's like a milkshake I guess. I've not drunk milk all my life but I had a choice between it and really thick supplements that were just impossible to swallow so I took the "easier" option. Now I knock back 200mls every morning without a thought,

Is it filling?

It is, that's the whole point of if it. Major selling point is for people trying to lose weight getting calories in without over indulging so they lose it.

I have it for the totally opposite reason, keeping weight up when normal eating is difficult (though it's getting easier).

It is, that's the whole point of if it. Major selling point is for people trying to lose weight getting calories in without over indulging so they lose it.

I have it for the totally opposite reason, keeping weight up when normal eating is difficult (though it's getting easier).

I am wondering if it may be good for me Mike may have a look and see what the doctor says.

i think most of the curries you folks in the UK eat are from Pakistan or India since they were former colonies. I don't love Pakistani or Indian cuisine. I do however love Thai, Vietnamese, and other countries int the Far East that make Curry.

Actually the majority of "Indian" restaurants in the UK are Bangladeshi owned, around 75% I think. Have a book somewhere detailing the the history of the onset of curry in the UK by the founder of "The Curry Club" which details the roots. Interesting read.

Actually the majority of "Indian" restaurants in the UK are Bangladeshi owned, around 75% I think. Have a book somewhere detailing the the history of the onset of curry in the UK by the founder of "The Curry Club" which details the roots. Interesting read.

Thanks Mike, that rings a bell actually.

Nihari is king for me, lamb shank with a watery chilli and garlic curry. Although I'm not big on garlic, it's worth putting up with for a Nihari as the rest of the gravy is amazing.

That sounds awsome, ever tried curried goat?