IGNORED

Season Ticket Advice

Aidan

Evening lads, just a quick question for anyone who can help me. I am a regular Goodison Park goer - however due to working down south I only manage to get to around 11 or 12 home games a season and the odd away game here and there.

I now, however, plan on a change of career and am likely to be relocated back home again, in the glorious north! Whenever I visit Goodison Park I have always sat in Gwlady's street, at first I sat there because I had heard of the good atmosphere, which didn't let me down. I have since sat there religiously, aside from once or twice, where I have sat in the Park End, which doesn't come close to Gwladys Street End in terms of atmosphere!

This recent change of circumstances means I am now able to purchase a season ticket (finally!) and I was looking for a little bit of advice. I'm looking at hopefully getting one located in the centre of the pitch due to the better view of the whole match rather than one half, realistically either in the Paddock, Upper Bullens, Lower Bullens or the Main Stand.

I was just curious about several things, such as:

• Will many season tickets be readily available in these stands when they go on sale to non-renewers?
  • If so, will there only be seats available with horrible restricted views?
  • What is the atmosphere like in these stands?
  • Which of these stands would you consider to be "better"?

I'm not overly concerned about the price of the season ticket, so money doesn't really effect the choice I make (unless someone suggests a private box, then I'll have trouble funding that one!)

any help would be appreciated guys, thanks!

You wont get a season ticket on half way either side of the ground unless some don't renew mate, they're all taken.

Once the new ones come out order one straight away, buy the best one you can (you can actually go the ground and view the available seats) then once bought request a move to as near to the halfway line as you can, request upper Bullens if I was you, The Paddock is sound but at ground level the pitch cambers so you can't see the other touchline.

Upper Bullens is my personal favourite.

I'd agree with Pad. Upper Bullens if you want to be on the side.

I think we have about 32,000 season tickets sold this season. We only have 36,000 seats that don't count as obstructed views, take off away fans, you've probably got 2,500 seats to choose from around the round without obstructed views.

Be quick! Or if you go to the open day, be there an hour before they start letting people in. Last time I did it I was there for opening and queued for about two hours.

• 4 weeks later...