IGNORED

What's on your slip?

Mayweather isn't going to set the tempo though, McGregor is. It will be a case of whether McGregor fucks himself over by trying to land too many too soon.

Regardless of whether it's boxing or mma, McGregor and his camp know exactly what they are doing with his fitness and I have no doubt they can go 12 rounds at Mayweather's pace. If he goes all guns blazing for the first 4 then like any boxer, he will be snagged at the end.

I hope McGregor wins but I expect Mayweather to wear him down late. (7-12)

It doesn't matter if McGregor tries to set the tempo if you miss punches which he will it takes it out of you big time

He was conditioned to go three five minute rounds against Diaz and was fucked half way through the second in the first fight and scrapped through the second fight against a lad who's stand up boxing ability is that of an amateur

He will land no doubt and has a punchers chance as every half capable fighter does but he's fighting a master at his game and he WILL NOT go twelve rounds I'll have a wager with anyone on here gladly it won't

Edited by EFC-Paul

It doesn't matter if McGregor tries to set the tempo if you miss punches which he will it takes it out of you big time

He was conditioned to go three five minute rounds against Diaz and was fucked half way through the second in the first fight and scrapped through the second fight against a lad who's stand up boxing ability is that of an amateur

He will land no doubt and has a punchers chance as every half capable fighter does but he's fighting a master at his game and he WILL NOT go twelve rounds I'll have a wager with anyone on here gladly it won't

Completely agree that if McGregor goes balls out early he wont see the end but Mayweather isn't an aggressive boxer so McGregor will have the opportunity set the tempo so if his plan is to last 12 he will last. I don't think it will, he expects to land and finish it early so I won't be taking your bet! ?

I will also say that a UFC fight is so much more draining than boxing. In this fight, if Mcgregor wanted to, he could take a breather but if he does that he won't stand a chance because Mayweather will pick off every round.

Interestingly I watched back the Hatton v Mayweather fight and Ricky had Hatton in more trouble than I had rememberred. Once the cut took its toll and he ran out of gas that was the end of him but the ref that day was also a joke, and stopped Hatton working up close. Mayweather was uncomfortable and he was getting caught. As the bigger guy I would expect McGregor to follow a similar plan, but hold inside rather than fight because he wont be able to match Mayweather technically.

Had the TKO in between 10/12 in the end had to give McGregor slightly longer so won a few quid

He did well the first few rounds but it was clear as day the lad would gas out imo his physiology is trained and geared for MMA, if he was younger and got the right training he probably would make a good boxer

Mayweather looked like he'd "aged over night" which was a worry but he had enough in the tank

Overall pretty shite just looking forward to the media shift in focus to the real biggest fights in Canelo Golovkin and Lomachenko Rigondeaux

Had the TKO in between 10/12 in the end had to give McGregor slightly longer so won a few quid

He did well the first few rounds but it was clear as day the lad would gas out imo his physiology is trained and geared for MMA, if he was younger and got the right training he probably would make a good boxer

Mayweather looked like he'd "aged over night" which was a worry but he had enough in the tank

Overall pretty shite just looking forward to the media shift in focus to the real biggest fights in Canelo Golovkin and Lomachenko Rigondeaux

Fair play mate, you were spot on re fitness. I thought he would tire but he almost seemed scared to throw many punches for fear of gassing. His fitness coach should be sacked!

Fair play mate, you were spot on re fitness. I thought he would tire but he almost seemed scared to throw many punches for fear of gassing. His fitness coach should be sacked!

It's only because I know how tiring it is from when I was younger mate and that, was on a vastly lower level

The gym I used to go to and pop into sometimes you see lads who do various sports or just train constantly who should breeze it get into the ring even just doing 3x3 minute rounds on the pads and they blow out of their arse

I know McGregor is a totally different level to that but it's very underestimated how much natural fitness oxygen levels in muscles etc play a part

I like McGregor he did himself no harm made a fortune and will go back to what he does best

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't post it on here but me and my mates were a Cardiff goal away from a 5k accumulator last weekend. Would have been around £750 each but we ruled bit to cash out so we left with nothing. Won a 4 teamer myself but only brought in £30 which is better than nothing but not quite £750! We are all going on a stag together in a month so that would have been REALLY messy!

• 3 weeks later...

Bournemouth to win and both to score @22/1 away to Spurs looks a good value bet. As does Watford at home to Arsenal. 

Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford to win and BTS, Shef Wed, Man U, and Fulham to win. A £1 accumulator returns £8k. 

(Disclaimer I've not won a bet all season.) 

• 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't bet but I look at odds out of interest; Exeter v Worcester rugby today was so one sided Worcester were available at 20/1 but I had a feeling they'd win. And they did, 5-6.

Did I put some money on? No:doh:.

Send the tips this way I'll happily win on your behalf. 

Groves to win on sat is a decent outsiders bet, Eubank has some engine on him but very little stopping power at that weight even struggled at middleweight tbh power wise 

Groves has the power experience ring craft and arguably one of the best jabs in the division, tough one to call but for a bet I'd go with GG stoppage 3/1

45 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Groves to win on sat is a decent outsiders bet, Eubank has some engine on him but very little stopping power at that weight even struggled at middleweight tbh power wise 

Groves has the power experience ring craft and arguably one of the best jabs in the division, tough one to call but for a bet I'd go with GG stoppage 3/1

I'd love him to do it. He is one of my favourite boxers, not sure why, it might be because he always seems to be the underdog.

The problem with Eubank Jr is that you won't knock him out and you won't out work him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Chasing loses and was feeling lucky, done an 11 team a acca, £10 stake as it's payday weekend. Got 3 of my first 4 yesterday, let down by Borussia Monchengladbach who were 2 up at half time. Redone the bet now a 7 fold and was let down by Everton (who as we all know led at half time :dry:). Had both held their own I'd have won £11k and £1k. But as I said I felt my luck would come today, so kept chasing and redone my acca again but dropped the stake to my usual £5 as I'd already gone over my budget for the weekend and messed about with it so had 3 very similar accas. Boom, profit city! £500 not quite the deposit I was hoping for but gives me 50 more goes. 

• 4 weeks later...