IGNORED

Spurs V Everton

MikeO

was watching it on football first, hugely impressed with the team, was amazed with osman and how he played, personally i think its a good thing now that big dunc has gone, we seem to be playing a lot more to feet and playing a lot of possession football rather than just hoofing the ball upfield to the likes of dunc and even beattie, was probably a good thing that he was dropped today as well

47244[/snapback]

:D ossie did play well today imo man of the match ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched the game live here on telly. missed the first 15 minutes tho.

it was a great performance, the lads showed a lot of character and determination. a lot more than they did against watford. the midfield in particular played like wimps against watford, but they showed true grit against spurs.

but moyse deserves a lot of credit for this performance. the strategy was right, the team was obviously right, and the lads were well prepared and knew exactly what they had to do. B)

Moyes has said Osman should get an England call-up, I know he plays well for us but he's not that good to displace anyone from England's midfield

47266[/snapback]

lampard fo sho, hes wank now imo, nah im messing, well, he has gone wank but not wank enough for ossie to displace him, how about on the right wing?i think ossie abused (not in the literal sense in case anyones going to do me for slander) lennon yesterday

Great Performance....once Killa got sent off.

I'm not gonna start ripping into him, hes just not good enough for the premiership, makes the wrong decisions and doesn't have the ability.

Anyway...Osman, quality. Not so long ago I read a comment on here which said about how he gets knocked off the ball and said he was a quality little player...and to that person, I was rite :D He looked really good out there yesterday, not just with his skillfull like runs but he was making inteceptions left, right and centre, brilliant game.

Arteta was as skillfull as ever, he just keeps gettin better IMO.

Carsley was great yesterday, looked back to the old Harry Hill, tidied up everything, glad we kept him now.

Phil Neville done his job very well yesterday, I'm not his biggest fan but he was in the thick of the action and what a ball for AJs goal!!! NEVILLE FOR THE RIGHT MIDFIELD PLACE IN ENGLAND :lol:

I thought the whole defense were superb, nothing looks to get past Yobo and Lescott, the latter I thought was immense, brave and had keane and bebotrov in his back pocket (as did Joey)

My MOTM would be Naysmith. Im far from his biggest fan but credit wer credit is due. And not just for his clearance on to the bar :blink: I thought he had Lennon tamed which is no mean feat, kept up with him and blocked everythin, the lad had to start trying to cut inside in the end as a result of lack of joy he was gettin down that side. Well played Garry Naysmith.

I was made up with the performance, bring on the redshite :D

AND ARE YOU GONNA BELIEVE US......WER GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!

:D:lol:

Excellent performance, just a shame there is an international break now and we cant carry this momentum into the derrrrby, mind you the players deserve a well earned rest. hope joleans injury isnt too bad, because he was immense yesterday. hell another inch and he would have opened the scoring!

Still not a happy camper with MOTD, that is the only frame of reference I have to base a MOTM vote. From what McAnallie said on SS, we were worth the win and played with real grit and a good team spirit.

I am not Ossie's biggest fan, but credit where credit is due.

F*ck the BBC

F*ck Hansen and Lawrensen

F*ck The News of the World

F*ck everyone else who will not acknowledge what we achieved 2 years ago.

Rant over, I love you lot though. ;)

ATB

Mac

Still not a happy camper with MOTD, that is the only frame of reference I have to base a MOTM vote. From what McAnallie said on SS, we were worth the win and played with real grit and a good team spirit.

F*ck the BBC

Rant over, I love you lot though.  ;)

ATB

Mac

47343[/snapback]

well we can all breath a sigh of relief there. phew time to get a can of lager

F*ck the BBC

Rant over, I love you lot though.  ;)

ATB

Mac

47343[/snapback]

Cause we are the Everton And we are The best

So F*ck The Kopites and F*CK ALL THE REST

i know thats what he was going for,

rrr he loves us, :lol::huh::blink::unsure::unsure:

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

HOW DARE YOU!

I think you lot have covered everything, what a performance and its nice to see the doubters retracting their comments from before the game.

I am a serious fan of ossie and watching him shrug off Davids before setting up the goal was a pleasure. He feet were fast at Blackburn in the week and he ran their mid and defence ragged, what i saw of the spurs game too he looked class. He seems to be at his best running diagonally across the mid and making them back off which with AJ's pace can create so much this season.

Nice to see we can change the shape and even loose a man but still play football. I fully agreed with Moyes team selection for this one apart from the consistantly poor Killa.

One seriously good point for me is that Mr Kill(i can't play football)ban is suspended for the derby :D

Nice one lads as allways but especially right now I'm proud to be an Evertonian, last time we done this we stayed up there and showed the league how its done.

I was waiting for the Zutons on the main stage at creamfields when the result filtered through and was delighted to see thousands of Evertonians going fookin mental and hugging complete strangers with the relief of finally beating the spurs duck.

COYB bring on the shite B)

Couple of points...there was also a shocking report in the Telegraph which included the lines...

The George Graham/Sam Allardyce school of science says that on the way to becoming successful, you often have to be mean before ever considering being artistically meaningful. Moyes' just-viable satisfaction lay in Everton's 40 mph tactics having prevented the fluent-minded Tottenham playing hardly any football at all.

Yet if Moyes ultimately believed that his men were good - rating 10 out of 10 for Andy Johnson ("He's on form for England"), for Leon Osman ("Whom I've mentioned to Steve McClaren") and Gary Naysmith ("Who played Lennon as well as I've seen him played") - what might his ranting first-half gestures have been like had he considered them bad?

For all Everton's unexpected win, the occasion further showed an enduring lack of refinement in the English game that was so apparent in an unhappy World Cup denouement.

...but Don Howe, elsewhere in the same rag, saw it differently...

Credit must go to Everton's midfield trio - the tough, deep-lying Lee Carsley, the box-to-box Tim Cahill and the superb Mikel Arteta - because they outclassed their opponents. Despite playing most of the game with 10 men, Everton cleverly dictated the tempo of the game.

Up front, Dimitar Berbatov looked as if he was struggling to adjust to the pace of the English game, while at the other end the super-fit Andrew Johnson was outstanding. Again he showed an instinct for goal that reminded me of Jimmy Greaves and Denis Law. Johnson ran Michael Dawson and Calum Davenport ragged but they should not be too downhearted, because they have a fantastic future. It will prove to be an invaluable experience for both of them.

Don Howe

Won't be the only defensive pairing AJ gives a lesson to this year I think :D !

Also glad to say I was bigging up Ossie all last season...said it before and I'll say it again, he reminds me of Trevor Steven!

Can't a man state his love for several other men without being given a lot of sarcastic comments?, :rolleyes: .

Commenting on Mike's Don Howe quote, if I was going to listen to someone about football, would it be an embittered hack probably with an axe to grind or a much admired and respected figure like Don Howe?. Errrmmmmm, let me think.

At last I have seen a fuller version of the game and TBH I enjoyed the way our mids fizzed about and snuffed any threat from Spurs, is was heartwarming to see.

ATB

Mac

the news of the world gave osman a 5 out of 10 and said 'could not get into the game and was a passenger on the right'. bollocks!

47298[/snapback]

The sun gave him a 7/10 saying he was impressive, everytime tackled hard, ran harder and a great talent

Minutes on pitch: 90

Total passes: 56

Accurate passes: 45

total tackles: 1

This jst proves that they must have been watchin a diffrent game, ok most of it is right but look at the bits in bold.

He made 1 tackle whole game yet it says everytime tackled hard :lol::rolleyes:

Yeah they were watching another game Cos in the write up of the game they said Kilbane was sent off for TWO late Tackles,

Yet the SUN opta Marks gave him as.....

Minutes on pitch..........31

Total Passes................7

Total tackles ..............1 :rolleyes:

Edited by Licker

Yeah they were watching another game Cos in the write up of the game they said he was sent off for TWO late Tackles,

Yet the opta Marks gave him as.....

Minutes on pitch..........31

Total Passes................7

Total tackles ..............1  :rolleyes:

47568[/snapback]

:D we where better than spurs all over the park FACT ;)

a decent match report in sporting life!

"JOL'S SPURS BEATEN BY A PERFECT TEN

By Adrian Curtis, Sporting life

Tottenham boss Martin Jol once again emphasised how difficult it is to play against 10 men following his side's 2-0 home defeat by Everton on Saturday.

Spurs went down to a determined Toffees outfit reduced to 10 men after half an hour.

Tottenham's England right-winger Aaron Lennon was kept in check by Gary Naysmith all afternoon and, as Jol pointed out, they had no outlet on the left flank to stretch the visitors."

We were fookin excellent. Some of the passing of the midfield in the second arf was immense

Ossie was class and HE IS a footballer with a great knack of using skil to make space and pass, arteta is what he is and carsley did the ugly work along with cahill

But lets not forget the Neville and his role or anyone else for that matter

Fooking papers there all arses