IGNORED

Fulham (Away) Saturday April 13th

markjazzbassist

52 minutes ago, barryj said:

One word summed up the match. Complacency. The team and the fans. Everyone thought we’d turn up and put 2-3 goals on them. Everyone round me before ko was expecting a decent win. On the flip side the Fulham fans in the pub beforehand thought they’d get absolutely nothing but a sizeable defeat. We never got going and no one stepped up. Very little energy and no high press. Two sucker punches, losing a goal straight from the second half ko throws the plan out the window. Then the killer blow Fulhams second on the break when arguably we were starting to get foot hold. Also it must be said that this was a the most stop start game you are ever likely to see. Deserved nothing, got nothing, move on. 

Well put. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

honesty he’s there because of a lack of competition, or do you believe he’s there because he’s a good striker and he’s keeping another good striker out the team. 

I don’t want this to turn into Gana fest who by the way was more PG tips than PSG today, because I think DCL has made a big contribution to the team he is strong can hold the ball good in the air loads of pace with a desire and engine to take him were he wants, but he is not a striker it doesn’t come natural to him we need to try him in Gylfi’s place. 

I honestly think as a club we have a vision, and that vision is to invest in young players. And that’s what we’re doing.

Dominic is a World Cup winner at U20 level and scored the winning goal. He is also very highly regarded in the professional football world. 

Do I think he is the finished product? No of course not. He will also be fighting against a new signing next year I expect. But I also think the club will keep hold of him and give him every chance to succeed here.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I honestly think as a club we have a vision, and that vision is to invest in young players. And that’s what we’re doing.

Dominic is a World Cup winner at U20 level and scored the winning goal. He is also very highly regarded in the professional football world. 

Do I think he is the finished product? No of course not. He will also be fighting against a new signing next year I expect. But I also think the club will keep hold of him and give him every chance to succeed here.

Of course we should invest in young players we have a tradition that goes back many years of bringing good young players through, but once you catapult players into the first team you are now wanting them to give a return for the investment and opportunity given. 

And as a striker you are required to score goals it’s your main objective to be honest, and if you don’t you are going to run out of time before your dropped, do I like him  yes I’ve said do I think he will make it with us as a striker no I don’t. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Of course we should invest in young players we have a tradition that goes back many years of bringing good young players through, but once you catapult players into the first team you are now wanting them to give a return for the investment and opportunity given. 

And as a striker you are required to score goals it’s your main objective to be honest, and if you don’t you are going to run out of time before your dropped, do I like him  yes I’ve said do I think he will make it with us as a striker no I don’t. 

Is he a striker or a target man?

You know the difference here don’t you, as your referring to our history. Let’s go back to players like Rideout... prolific? Shit because he didn’t have a great goal ratio?  It’s all opinion.

Theres only one fact, he is a premier league forward, and IS playing in the first team, so IS a premier league forward. .... so has already made it.

You don’t rate him, I do... I’m fine with that. Just please keep being negative towards him...... it’s the only chance he has!

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is he a striker or a target man?

You know the difference here don’t you, as your referring to our history. Let’s go back to players like Rideout... prolific? Shit because he didn’t have a great goal ratio?  It’s all opinion.

Theres only one fact, he is a premier league forward, and IS playing in the first team, so IS a premier league forward. .... so has already made it.

You don’t rate him, I do... I’m fine with that. Just please keep being negative towards him...... it’s the only chance he has!

Well that has gone right over my head what you ranting about you nutter have you been breathing in to much MDF dust 😀

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well that has gone right over my head what you ranting about you nutter have you been breathing in to much MDF dust 😀

Haha not sure I know what I was on about.

I see DCL as more of a target man than a striker. 

Striker for me is a goal poacher and finisher.

Target man is there as a focal point to hold the ball up and bring others into play. DCL does this very well. He is strong, has a good touch and great in the air. Paul Rideout never scored a prolific amount of goals, but he was a very good target man that other players used to thrive off. 

If DCL could grab 15+ goals, but also help a few others into double figures, then we would be doing well. It’s no use having a goal scorer that knocks 20+ in, when the team only scores 50 a season. If 3 players can get double figures and others chip in to, then surely more goals = more success.

Dont get me wrong, it would be great to have a striker knock in 20+ and our wingers and CM get 10+, but that would a dream and a top four place.