IGNORED

Fulham (Away) Saturday April 13th

markjazzbassist

Just now, Finn balor said:

Fulham are playing with no fear. They are down now so they can play more freely however a good team should be able to overcome that. They’ve been relegated for a reason 

True - happens very often once a relegation is confirmed. Also, if you lose 9 games in a row, statistically, you have to win one eventually.

Shouldn't detract from the fact we have been bollocks though.

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

Mourinho in the stands, does that mean he's watching his friend failing or he's looking at his next job?

If he ever had desires on coming I think Moshiri will be getting an email saying thanks but no thanks your having a laugh 

Just now, Aidan said:

Gomes and Gana today have both been dreadful. Not really helped any of the attackers at all. 

Nobody taken any ownership today, I thought jagielka was a wise choice but he's been bullied and is clearly past it. 

Would agree with that entirely. Twitter fans slating DCL.... fuckin joke... he isn'tt gonna get a chance is he?    They want us to sign Fabian Del Greecio who scored 18 goals in 25 games in serie A for £85m.....  he doesn't exist but you get my point.   We shouldn't have home grown players..  fans wanna ruin them. 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Would agree with that entirely. Twitter fans slating DCL.... fuckin joke... he isn'tttt gonna get a chance is he?    They want us to sign Fabian Del Greecio who scored 18 goals in 25 games in serie A for £85m.....  he doesn't exist but you get my point.   We shouldn't have home grown players..  fans wanna ruin them. 

He had a good phase of play in the first half once when he was looked for, ever since then I can hardly recall him touching the ball besides flinging his head in here and there. 

No creativity, no plan to break them down, no physicality. Pathetic performance and the players don't want to work hard enough to break down this awful team. Complacent after a small string of wins. A Marco silva team. 

These lot need bringing back down to earth. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Wouldn’t mind a stream if any can find a good one. Pm if you have anything please... struggling here.

You never missed much if you didn't find a stream. Any how if you have an android phone the potato streams app Bill mentioned is good. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

System isn'tttt working. 

Siggy, DCL and Richarlison have hardly touched the ball, the latter has looks determined when he has though. 

Get Davies on for Siggy at half time and put in a proper press against them. 

It's the same system we've used all season. If Silva owned a restaurant they'd only be one thing on the menu, people would still give him a chance thinking it must be good, and it would probably look good when it first comes to your table but ultimately you'll be left disappointed and unsatisfied. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What a difference 6 days make, gutted with the effort you can’t just be up for the big games you need to want it in the bread and butter games. 

Poor very poor think I’ll go in the garden and do a bit of weeding while the suns out 

We've been no different. We played exactly the same last week, only thing that's changed is the opposition, they had players who had a set formation and players with pride. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Very poor showing that. 

No sign of the pressing of the past few games. Our defence getting the run around and looking dodgy from corners again. Richarlison, DCL and Sigurdsson may as well not be on the pitch. And we’ve got no creativity. 

Our players done nothing different from last week. Fulham just never sat back and let them tickle their belly like the disorganised West Ham or the lackluste/lack-ability Arsenal reserves. 

50 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I don't know how long I can look at Silva and take him seriously. 

It's all well and good getting a streak of form against 2 good teams but how can he come to a game like this and the team perform so badly? 

How are we 70 minute in, 1 shot on target and no substitutes against the worst defensive team in the league? It should have happened at half time. 

Time for him to go. Should have sacked him months ago. 

48 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Mourinho in the stands, does that mean he's watching his friend failing or he's looking at his next job?

Fingers crossed. He done similar before going to United. Not a fan of him crowing, should be more respectful but fuck me I hope he's taking the seat. 

46 minutes ago, Aidan said:

74 minutes in. 74 minutes it's taken silva to realise that the system isn'tttt working with sigurdsson at number 10.

What the fuck. 

All season his subs have been questionable. No idea what Davies has to do to get in the side. Midfield is crying out for his mettle. 

17 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

with DCL only getting one decent chance in about three games his misses are highlighted and stand out 

I agree with that to a degree but we have dominated in 2 of them games and created 30 something chances, doesn’t that make you think why isn’t he filling his boots it does me, and my conclusion is he is not a striker for all his hard work and huffing and puffing he’s not doing the business he’s not even getting in the right areas to take advantage of our domination in some of the games. 

I know he’s come up from U23s and we all want him to succeed but he’s miles off of what it takes to be a success in the PL , I wish it wasn’t so but the reality is there for all to see and we need to stop our hearts ruling our heads, he simply doesn’t score goals. 

Maybe give him a shot at Gylfi’s position but we need to get a striker in urgently. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I agree with that to a degree but we have dominated in 2 of them games and created 30 something chances, doesn’t that make you think why isn’t he filling his boots it does me, and my conclusion is he is not a striker for all his hard work and huffing and puffing he’s not doing the business he’s not even getting in the right areas to take advantage of our domination in some of the games. 

I know he’s come up from U23s and we all want him to succeed but he’s miles off of what it takes to be a success in the PL , I wish it wasn’t so but the reality is there for all to see and we need to stop our hearts ruling our heads, he simply doesn’t score goals. 

Maybe give him a shot at Gylfi’s position but we need to get a striker in urgently. 

This, exactly.

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

In those games when we dominated name me a clear cut chance he had? We may have had all those chances due to his performance. I agree we need a striker but maybe if DCL would have gone out on loan somewhere he could have honed his craft. Like Defoe or Kane? 

Again I agree he should have gone out on loan and got himself some goals in the championship and the confidence and instinct all strikers need, but he has some fantastic qualities so could he give Gylfi the competition he doesn’t have in the team I think he could. 

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well... isn’t he a first teamer in a PL team, in the top half of the table?

Isnt that the definition of being a PL player?

honesty he’s there because of a lack of competition, or do you believe he’s there because he’s a good striker and he’s keeping another good striker out the team. 

I don’t want this to turn into Gana fest who by the way was more PG tips than PSG today, because I think DCL has made a big contribution to the team he is strong can hold the ball good in the air loads of pace with a desire and engine to take him were he wants, but he is not a striker it doesn’t come natural to him we need to try him in Gylfi’s place. 

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Extremely slow internet here in the middle of nowhere so streaming won't be an option for me. Didn't realise you can get connected in the air now @Matt, where are you flying from/to?

Just landed in Washington, on our way to Orlando. Looks like it’s just as well I couldn’t get a stream to work....