IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Guest efctaxi
Good point, always thought Owen was a one trick pony. He's definitely not as fast or as sharp as he used to be and he's not really added anything else to his game.

I don't like players who hang around waiting for the ball .

Owen has been heavily critisised in the past for doing just that , so I don't feel it's what we need .

He is also out with a groin strain at the moment .

What about the rest ?

Any ' yes please with sugar on tops ' ?

Edited by efctaxi

I'd take Owen, Ledley, Naughton, Mancienne, Aqualinni, Kallstrom and Fletcher + new keeper. Get Castillo and Jacobsen on contracts, they're decent squad players IMO.

Get rid of Nash, VDM, Anichebe

Leaves us with a squad of...

1. New GK

2. Hibbert

3. Baines

4. Yobo

5. Lescott

6. Jagielka

7. Owen

8. Castillo

9. Saha

10. Arteta

11. Kallstrom

12. Turner

13. Ruddy

14. Vaughan

15. Jacobsen

16. Ledley

17. Cahill

18. Neville

19. Mancienne

20. Pienaar

21. Osman

22. Yakubu

23. Aquallinni

24. Howard

25. Fellaini

26. Rodwell

27. Jukebox

28. Fletcher

29. Baxter

30. Naughton

If we're competing inn Europe next year that's the squad size we need.

I'd take Owen, Ledley, Naughton, Mancienne, Aqualinni, Kallstrom and Fletcher + new keeper. Get Castillo and Jacobsen on contracts, they're decent squad players IMO.

Get rid of Nash, VDM, Anichebe

Leaves us with a squad of...

1. New GK

2. Hibbert

3. Baines

4. Yobo

5. Lescott

6. Jagielka

7. Owen

8. Castillo

9. Saha

10. Arteta

11. Kallstrom

12. Turner

13. Ruddy

14. Vaughan

15. Jacobsen

16. Ledley

17. Cahill

18. Neville

19. Mancienne

20. Pienaar

21. Osman

22. Yakubu

23. Aquallinni

24. Howard

25. Fellaini

26. Rodwell

27. Jukebox

28. Fletcher

29. Baxter

30. Naughton

If we're competing inn Europe next year that's the squad size we need.

wudn't get a look in, pointless imo

My shortlist would be :

From Unlikely to Likely

Striker - Amauri / Edin Dzeko / Love / Saviola / Fernando Llorente

Defensive Midfielder - Steven Defour / Sebasten Kehl / Lee Catermole

Winger - Joaquin / Park / Affelay / Ledley

Creative Midfielder - Moutinho / Hulk / Matias Fernandez / Piatti

Loan Possibles

Nani

Song

Jo Again?

Kieran Gibbs

Zigic

Free

Maniche

Seitaridis

Any of them would be welcome in my eyes

wudn't get a look in, pointless imo

Think that Kallstrom would do well here, he's someone that can get in the goals and keep the midfield strong. His performances for Olymique have been great and he would improve us as a team. A yes for me (at the right price)

Nani

Nani on loan? Can someone explain to me how he would come? I thought that Manchester United would be un-willing to sell. I'd have him here in a flash, does Nani look likely to leave?

Isn't Defour an attacking midfielder?

He is, and I think he played there against us. He has however played defensive this season for Standard Liege. A bit like Cahill in reverse B)

Also, were linked with Herman Hreidarsson (even though he will probably go to Glasgow Rangers)

Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson is set to join Glasgow Rangers, Everton or Fulham this summer on a Bosman free transfer. His agent, Olafur Gardarsson, told the Scottish Sun: "I know Hermann is one of the options Rangers have looked at.

Iceman cometh to Everton

Guest efctaxi
Also, were linked with Herman Hreidarsson (even though he will probably go to Glasgow Rangers)

Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson is set to join Glasgow Rangers, Everton or Fulham this summer on a Bosman free transfer. His agent, Olafur Gardarsson, told the Scottish Sun: "I know Hermann is one of the options Rangers have looked at.

Iceman cometh to Everton

No chance :unsure:

The guy is about 35 years old , and if he joins Everton I'll probably fall into a coma :lol:

I'm suprised noones mentioned stephen hunt, we we're close to signing him last summer when we got felli and now he's got a clause in his contract, I think moyes may be back in for him and wouldn't be suprised if he's one of our first summer signings.

Nani on loan? Can someone explain to me how he would come? I thought that Manchester United would be un-willing to sell. I'd have him here in a flash, does Nani look likely to leave?

No but i wouldnt want him.

I'm suprised noones mentioned stephen hunt, we we're close to signing him last summer when we got felli and now he's got a clause in his contract, I think moyes may be back in for him and wouldn't be suprised if he's one of our first summer signings.

This is because reading rate him at £6m, so they can swivel if they think there getting that much

Should be able to pick up Brunt for nothing from WBA, can play left and right wing and he's got a decent shot on him.

An extra 17 games next season so we ought to double the squad if poss, dont have to be superstars just peeps who can come in and do a job when needed.

I can't see us spending the best part of £10million on two players for the same position, it'll be one or the other me thinks.

Hunt can play either wing and ledley can play anywhere down the left - both quite versatile, both moyes type players, both available for under £5m each I'd imagine.

Should be able to pick up Brunt for nothing from WBA, can play left and right wing and he's got a decent shot on him.

An extra 17 games next season so we ought to double the squad if poss, dont have to be superstars just peeps who can come in and do a job when needed.

How could we sign him for nothing? He hasn't even been there 2 years has he?

When i say Nothing i mean next to nothing, a minimal fee, cos he would rather stay in the prem than go down to the Championship, sorry if i put out the wrong message..

Dont think he would cost much. ;)

WBA are usually good at getting good prices for their players tbh, so I reckon you'd be looking at around £5million-6million for him Bill. I do like him though.

WBA are usually good at getting good prices for their players tbh, so I reckon you'd be looking at around £5million-6million for him Bill. I do like him though.

I fooking hate him - I've been to see albion a few times (mainly last season on mates spares) and what we see on MOTD is all fine with him smashing it from 30yards, okay he's got a fine left foot but he's a lazy bastard who doesn't help back enough and can be a ghost for large parts of games even at championship level. He wouldn't fit in.

Guest efctaxi

Why Brunt ?

He has scored 9 goals , but most of them were recent ( 5 in 5 ).

Doubt he would get a starting place at Everton against our current mids even if he is on the right .

Edited by efctaxi

Why Brunt ?

^^^ Thats why ^^^. ;) And because of our financial restrictions we wont be able to afford "Big Name Players". :(

Guest efctaxi
Why Brunt ?

[/b]

^^^ Thats why ^^^. ;) And because of our financial restrictions we wont be able to afford "Big Name Players". :(

Presuming we qualify :unsure:

I see the point about extra players though .

Guest efctaxi
The draws have not been kind to us on the last three occasions for sure, even the Kharkiv game was a tough one.

Hopefully we'll fare better this time :) .

And that's the truth .

I fooking hate him - I've been to see albion a few times (mainly last season on mates spares) and what we see on MOTD is all fine with him smashing it from 30yards, okay he's got a fine left foot but he's a lazy bastard who doesn't help back enough and can be a ghost for large parts of games even at championship level. He wouldn't fit in.

Thats what my baggie mate said, he just appears n does fuck all most of the time